ChanBaek

Sunday Morning Kisses: Side Stories

I hope you'll enjoy ChanBaek's backstory!


So Baekhyun might have had a reputation of sleeping around quite a bit. Really, he’s not all that surprised when Chanyeol tells him that all the other students refer to him as ‘the town bicycle.’ He’s heard much worse. And besides he can’t really say that they aren’t right because he has slept with his fair share of the guys and girls at both his school and his job. But even though he may have been a little promiscuous, he’s been diligently using protection, determined not to start a family before he could graduate.

So he feels that it’s a little ridiculous that he got knocked up after forgetting the once.

“My parents are gonna kill me,” Chanyeol groans from where he’s lying on Baekhyun’s bed, covering his face. “I finally convince them to let me study abroad to model, and I immediately get someone pregnant.”

Baekhyun sighs and sits on the small bed to run a hand through Chanyeol’s hair. “My parents were disappointed when I told them. But I also think they expected it which is insulting cos I hoped they had a little more faith in me.”

“And you’re 100 percent sure it’s mine?” Chanyeol turns over to his back to look up at his sort-of-boyfriend. “You haven’t slept with anyone else?”

“Would you like a official document of all the times I’ve had .” Baekhyun scoffs and moves off the bed to sit at his desk. “And no I haven’t slept with anyone else because I actually kinda like you, .”

Chanyeol sits up the bed and looks at Baekhyun, warily. “Did you want me to marry you or something?” Baekhyun answers him with a raised eyebrow and Chanyeol shrugs and lies back down. “Can you at least help me tell my parents? Maybe if they see you too they won’t yell at me so much.” He shudders just thinking what his parents would do to him if he had to tell them in person instead of video chat.

“Sure. I guess I’ll be seeing more of them from now on, huh? And this is good practice for when we have to tell the agency.”

Chanyeol shoots back up as his face drains of color. “Tell... tell the agency?”

“I think they’d be a little happier to find out from us then watch me gain a bunch of weight in just my stomach.” Baekhyun starts to flip through the science book on his desk and briefly considers doing his homework before deciding against it and pulling a piece of paper out his notebook to doodle.

The taller man stands up from the bed and grips his hands together so tight that his knuckles turn white. “I mean… yeah, the agency needs to know, but… can you do it by yourself?”

Baekhyun frowns and spins around in his chair to look at Chanyeol. “By myself? Because I totally got pregnant by myself?”

“Baekhyun, please.” Chanyeol kneels in front of Baekhyun and takes his hands into his own. “You’ve been here since you were 14. You’re one of their highest promoted models, and there’s no way they’ll let you go because of this. But me… I’ve only been here for two months, and I haven’t had a decent shoot yet, and if they know I got you pregnant, they’ll fire me and send me back to Korea and I’ll never get to model again.” By the end of his spiel, his forehead is resting on top of his and Baekhyun’s hands as he pleads for the slightly older teen to understand.

After a brief pause, Baekhyun pulls his hands away and turns back to his desk. “I think you should go.” He says quietly. “My roommate should be back soon.”

“Baek…”

“Go!” The once calm, collected teen suddenly whips around in his chair and shoves Chanyeol to the ground. “Get the out my room! If you’re not gonna own up, I don’t ing want to be with you!” He picks up the closest object, a small Rilakkuma plushie and throws it at Chanyeol. The taller teen flinches and quickly scrambles out the room before Baekhyun can find something harder to throw at him.

 

//

 

It’s not hard to overhead the rumors of how Baekhyun got himself knocked up and doesn’t know who the father is. It’s all the other kids can talk about at the parties that Chanyeol frequents after Baekhyun kicks him out. He does nothing to defend Baekhyun when a couple of guys comment about how sleeping with Baekhyun was everyone’s welcome gift to the agency. He just forces out a smile over the rim of his plastic cup before downing the contents.

He starts drinking quite a bit after their break up, It’s not that he has a problem, he thinks, but he’s had a rough month and alcohol keeps him from thinking about Baekhyun too much. Of course, drinking might be making things worse because Baekhyun always notices when he shows up to school hungover and sends him dirty looks throughout the class.

After a couple of weeks of being ignore Chanyeol finally works up the courage to talk to Baekhyun to try to work things out. Unfortunately, “working up courage” means getting blind drunk and showing up in front of Baekhyun’s room at 3 in the morning.

Baekhyun cracks open the door, looking very visibly annoyed at being woken up so early in the morning. And even in his inebriated state, Chanyeol thinks he looks adorable in his baggy t-shirt and pajama pants with his hair sticking out in ever direction. “Baekhyun~” He doesn’t even make a full step before he trips over his own feet and lands in a heap in front of his ex.

“God, I hate you,” Baekhyun mutters under his breathe, but he’s gentle as he helps Chanyeol up leads him into the bathroom so they don’t disturb his roommate. Once he gets Chanyeol to sit on the toilet lid, he leans against the sink next to him and folds his arms across his stomach. “Why are you here? Why would you show up at my room at god-knows-when too drunk to even stand?”

“I love you.” Chanyeol smiles up at Baekhyun then slumps over to rest his head on his knees.

“You have a funny way of showing it. By not attempting to apologize for the past two weeks, so I had to tell the agency by myself that I was pregnant. And I should have told them about you, but I’m an idiot who wanted to protect you even though you’ve done nothing to deserve it.” He crouches down when Chanyeol doesn’t do as much as acknowledge he heard him. “Are you okay?”

Baekhyun barely has time to jump back before Chanyeol’s vomiting all over the linoleum floor, heaving up everything he’s eaten in the past 12 hours. The sight and smell makes Baekhyun gag, but he holds himself back and rubs Chanyeol’s back as he empties his stomach.

After being sick, Chanyeol apologizes over and over while Baekhyun cleans both him and the floor up and finds some clothes for him to sleep in. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol’s much too out of it to get back to his own room, so he ignores the teller man’s protests when he pushes him down on the bed, crawling over him to sleep next to the wall in case Chanyeol got sick again.

And though they never talk about that night again, they do fall back into the pattern of going out on weekly dates and holding hands in private. Even though Baekhyun’s severely disappointed that Chanyeol doesn’t want anyone to know that the baby is his, but he understands and does his best to not let his eyes linger too long on him at school. Though when he overhears the other students speaking about him he can't help but look to Chanyeol to back him up; they didn’t even bother to talk about him behind his back anymore.

After he’s introduced to Chanyeol’s parents, his mother starts sending him little care packages with vitamins, snacks, and other things that got her through her own pregnancy. In her packages, she also includes little notes that express her support as she was just 19 when she had Chanyeol’s older sister. It’s a great contrast from his own parents who somehow slip in how irresponsible he is in every conversation.

Before he got pregnant, he was constantly with his other classmates whether it was between classes, at work, or at weekend parties. Along with having a roommate, he was practically never alone.  But ironically, now that he has a steady boyfriend, he’s more lonely than he’s ever been. He had to immediately stop drinking when he found out about the baby and the parties didn’t seem as fun when he was the only sober one around. And as much as he just wants to sit and cuddle with his boyfriend, Chanyeol is still hanging out with those friends and partying every weekend. Really, he doesn’t blame Chanyeol because he is a 17-year-old kid, in another country away from his parents, and he’s dong exactly what Baekhyun would do if he could.

But Baekhyun can’t and he wishes that Chanyeol would grow up as fast as he had to. So far they’ve only sat down together long enough to decide on potential boy and girl names, but that’s pretty much all Chanyeol’s done for him since they got back together. He’s gone to every doctor’s appointment alone, he’s suffered through his morning sickness alone. He even found out the of their baby alone because Chanyeol broke his promise to be there.

But he loves Chanyeol, despite not having expressed it out loud, so no matter how much of a ty boyfriend Chanyeol is, he puts up with it.

“I wish you would stop drinking so much,” Baekhyun voices as they cuddle together on Baekhyun’s back. Chanyeol draws little patterns on Baekhyun’s growing belly as he listens to Baekhyun, rolling his eyes at the comment.

“Don’t worry, I won’t show up here completely wasted again.”

Baekhyun frowns and feels the urge to move the hand off his stomach. “We both know that’s a lie and I’m not asking so you won’t show up here drunk. I’m asking because we’re having a baby together, and right now I feel that I’m the only one invested in this.”

“I’ve bought a few things.”

“A pack of diapers!” Baekhyun acts out on his urges and moves Chanyeol’s hand as he sits up. “My parents have had to cover all my medical bills and my college bills because I can’t do it on my own!”

The taller boy scoffs and rolls his eyes again. “I know your hormones are , but I don’t appreciate how much of a you’re being.” Baekhyun doesn’t even respond and instead sits on the edge of his bed to slip a pair of shoes on and silently leaves the room. “Baekhyun!” Chanyeol quickly pulls on his own shoes and chases his boyfriend out. “Baek!”

“I don’t even know why I ever liked you!” Baekhyun screams as he storms away. “You’re the most selfish, immature person I’ve ever met, and I hate that I’m stuck with you!”

Stuck with me? Well, if you hate being with me so much, then why don’t we just stop seeing each other!”

Baekhyun stops in his tracks and spins around to face Chanyeol. “If you leave me now, I’m not taking you back. If we’re like this now, don’t you think we’ll be like this when the baby comes? I don’t want to spend my life fighting with you.”

“I’ve been trying to make things work with you, but you’re the one who starts an argument every time we’re sort of happy! Just tell me what you want Baek so I can give it to you.”

“Stop drinking. Stop going to parties every other night. Spend some time with me planning for the baby instead of spending all your free time with your friends.”

“I can spend time with my friends and spend time with you.”

“I’m not saying you can’t; I’m saying you haven’t. We’re having a baby in less than 4 months, and I feel more and more like I’m gonna be raising him alone, and you promised, when this all started, that I wouldn’t have to.”

Chanyeol frowns and knits his eyebrows together. “We’re having a boy?”

Baekhyun nods and looks down at his feet. “I found out at my last ultrasound. The one you couldn’t make.” Chanyeol approaches Baekhyun and pulls him into his arms. Baekhyun instantly relaxes into him and kisses the base of his neck. “I hate fighting with you. Let’s just go back inside and cuddle.”

“I love you.” Baekhyun nods and clings tighter to his boyfriend, deciding that the issue of his excessive drinking can be dealt with later and maybe Chanyeol would quit on his own.

 

//

 

Baekhyun watches as his stomach moves from Kyungsoo’s constant shifting and adjusting. When he first felt him move, he immediately attempted to call Chanyeol, but his boyfriend didn’t answer and instead text him hours later saying that he was hanging out with his friends and would call later. He didn’t.

As much as he wanted to spend his winter break with Chanyeol, the other teenager seemed determined to spend it apart. Before he purchased a plane ticket, he offered to pay for Chanyeol to come to his hometown with him. Hell, he even volunteered to go to Chanyeol’s hometown so he could spend Christmas with his own family. But Chanyeol kept making half-assed excuses about why they should go to their own homes. It was just a month, Chanyeol insisted, but a month feels like forever. Especially while he’s pregnant.

Their relationship hasn’t exactly gotten worse since he told Chanyeol they were having a boy. But it hasn’t gotten better either. Baekhyun still spends most of his time alone, trying to ignore the insults directed towards him; Chanyeol still drinks too much, and Baekhyun hardly sees his boyfriend when he’s not drunk or hungover. That’s not the way Baekhyun wants to live.

When his mom first suggests that he stay home to have and raise the baby, Baekhyun vehemently rejects the idea, saying that he was going back to China to raise Kyungsoo with Chanyeol as a family. But as she starts to ask where the baby will sleep, how will Baekhyun and Chanyeol still work with a baby, how will they finish school on time, he realizes that he and Chanyeol can’t do this on their own. No one even knows that Chanyeol’s the father besides their families.

He realizes that if he goes back to China, he’ll end up practically raising Kyungsoo on his own as Chanyeol works to hide the fact that he has a baby. But if he stays home, he’d at least have his parents to help.

His phone buzzes on his dresser, and he slowly moves from his comfortable pillow-fortress on his bed. When he presses the home button to light up his phone, he sees that the text is from Chanyeol, a drunk text telling Baekhyun how much he can’t wait to get him in bed when they get back to school. Instead of answering, he clears the text history and deletes Chanyeol’s number from his phone. After his phone is sufficiently cleared out, he pulls out his passport from his desk and rips up the return ticket tucked inside the cover.

By the time Chanyeol’s back in China, realizing that he’s not coming back and attempts to call him, Baekhyun has a new cellphone tucked into his jacket pocket as he and his parents sign a lease to a small one-bedroom apartment, just down the street from his new high school.

 

//

 

Back then, Baekhyun never could have imagined he would have felt so relaxed with Chanyeol sitting across from him at his kitchen table. Even with all the fighting, he assumed that he would eventually end up with Chanyeol after he grew up a little, or maybe stay single if things didn’t work out.

He never expected to marry someone else, much less have another baby. And the thought of Chanyeol marrying someone else never crossed his mind before, but the jealous pangs in his chest are barely there as he watches Chanyeol play with the ring on his left hand.

“I wanted to wait and propose to him after he finishes his internship, but he proposed on my birthday.” Chanyeol smiles to himself and shakes his head a little. “Ah, I thought I had plenty of time considering he couldn’t even work up the courage to ask me out in the first place.”

Baekhyun also smiles and gets out of his chair to sit in Chanyeol’s lap and give him a hug. “You better have a real wedding and let me be in it because Yixing promised me I could be his best man then that liar went and eloped.”

“Of course, of course, but we’re definitely waiting until his internship is over before we even start planning, so don’t run out and buy a suit yet.”

“Please,” Baekhyun scoffs. “I’ve had a suit ready since Yixing first told me he was engaged.”

“I promise we’ll have an actual wedding, and you can be in it, as long as you can still fit in that suit.” Chanyeol teasingly pokes at the small bit of baby fat in Baekhyun’s midsection. Baekhyun swats the hand away and moves back to his own seat.

“…Do you think we ever could have worked things out back then?” He suddenly asks. Chanyeol knows it’s an innocent question as Baekhyun’s been doing everything he can to fix his marriage with Junmyeon.

Chanyeol considers the question for a moment as he leans back in his chair. “I think we were always meant to be best friends. It just took a while for us to finally get to this point.”

Baekhyun nods in agreement and stands up to pour himself a cup of the coffee that’s been brewing since Chanyeol came over. “I’m super serious about this wedding thing, by the way. I swear that I will do everything in my power to make sure that you have a real wedding.” He pulls out another mug and sets the first one down in front of Chanyeol. “On that note, please don’t pull a Yifan and get Jongin pregnant before you get married because that significantly lowers my chances of being the main focus at your wedding, besides you two. Got it?”

Chanyeol shrugs and smirks as he takes a sip from his mug.

Baekhyun freezes and stares at Chanyeol. “Please tell me you haven’t already.”

“I’m not saying anything,” Chanyeol responds in a way that Baekhyun can’t really tell if he’s serious or not.

“Tell me!” Baekhyun doesn’t have much time to pester the truth out of Chanyeol though because Junmyeon comes home soon, and Chanyeol quickly makes his exit, leaving the answer up in the air.


I finally have enough time to work on the main story! Expect and update on that soon~ I'll proofread later because I'm lazy.

Let me know what you guys thought about this chapter ^^