~6

Decisions ~

Hi!

I'm back again for the second time - I hope you like the chapter.

Comment/Subscribe/Even Upvote?

Sophie  x

__________________________________________________

I sipped on my coffee and nibbled at the toast in front of me as I scanned over the essay in my clutch. I had woken an hour early to finish the paper before class and was now making the last changed. There was a loud bang, causing me to jump slightly before I turned around and saw Jongin staggering into the kitchen. I chuckled at his ratty appearance as he scrunched up his face and gulped down the rest of the cold coffee.

“What’s up with you this morning?” I asked with an amused hint in my voice. He shot me a playful glare as he slumped into the chair opposite to me and began to massage his temples.

“Bloody drinks,” he whispered hoarsely before reaching across the table and stealing a piece of toast. I pretended to be offended and sent him a look before grinning and pushing the rest of the food to him. He accepted it gratefully and soon wolfed down the grub, finishing off with a satisfied smack of the lips. I laughed and washed the dishes as an equally hung-over Chanyeol sauntered into the room.

“How are you faring Oppa?” I asked as he grumbled away as well.

“You should really stop going to clubs. It isn’t any good for my head or my wallet,” he mentioned before planting his head on the table and letting out a moan.

“Why were you following me anyway?” I asked; all amusement gone. The two looked at me from their places, guilt flashing through their eyes as they began to fiddle with something in their grasps.

“We don’t like Hakyeon,” Chanyeol said. I looked at him, displeased with the answer and annoyed that this had happened again.

“I know that but why?” Their answers were frustrating. Why couldn’t they just tell me? It wasn’t like they knew anything I didn’t so why couldn’t they tell me what they had against him.

“Just ... because.”

“Oh not this again Jongin,” I snapped.

“Listen Jen ...”

“No! Come and find me when you are ready to tell me,” I shouted, ignoring how they winced at the volume before storming out of the flat to go to med school.

__________________________________________________

“And if you can see, the bone marrow ....” I sighed quietly as I watched the professor, bored, my mind not listening to the words that spewed from his mouth. Glancing to the left, I noticed Jaehwan, a friend I made from the class who also never wanted to be here; his parents also wanted him to become a doctor when his true passion was hairdressing. Smiling at me, he ripped a page from his book and began to scrawl across the paper.

What’s up? You looked puzzled :0

I snorted when he handed me the paper very unsubtly, wondering how the lecturer hadn’t noticed. I read the message and quickly replied.

Went on a date with Hakyeon. Jongin and Chanyeol were there and told me they don’t like Hakyeon but won’t tell me why – why can’t they be supportive?

I sighed and passed the note back. Jaehwan’s face was one of comic frustration. We often talked to one another about the troubles in our lives during the classes we had together. He was someone I could trust and I was the same for him.

They’ll tell you soon enough – I’m sure of it ^_^; In other news ... I think I like someone.

I looked at him puzzled when I read the letter before passing it back, wanting to know what was going on.

Uh ... you know the small coffee shop – Le Maison Bleu?

I nodded.

I may have a small crush on the manager there. Do you know him? Plus the coffee there is to die for.

I sniggered when I read the note; Jaehwan sounding like a love sick teenager. The professor sent me a glare to which I bowed as an apology before I began to write.

Who, Taekwoon oppa?

Jaehwan’s eyes went wide as he read the note and he shot me a playful glare.

You know him?

Suddenly the bell rang. Before I could even stand from my seat, Jaehwan was by my side and tugging on my arm. I hushed him and stuffed my things into my bag before walking calmly out the room with Jaewhan yapping at my heels like a puppy.

“You know him? His name is Taekwoon?” Jaehwan asked excitedly as his eyes looked off into the distance. I didn’t speak a word until we were both at the table, sitting with the food I bought from home in front of the both of us.

“Yeah, one of my roommates, Jongdae oppa, works with him,” I replied as I shoved some rice into my mouth.

“Do you think you could come with me to the cafe after next period?” He asked with a shy smile. I nodded, giving into his subtle aegyo with a roll of my eyes.

___________________________________________________

“No, I can’t go in,” Jaehwan exclaimed as we stood outside the coffee shop. I huffed before opening the door and heading into the shop, not waiting for him if he was going to freak out. Soon Jaehwan hurried to my side and we pretended to scan the board. I glanced around the room, noticing Taekwoon at one of the tables, clearing it whilst Jongdae was waiting for us to make up our minds.

“I’ll have a cappuccino Jongdae oppa and ...” I asked as I turned to Jaehwan who was pondering whilst looking at Taekwoon who had joined Jongdae behind the bar.

“Um ... uh ... hot chocolate please,” Jaewhan stuttered as a blush formed over his cheeks. I sniggered slightly earning a look from Jongdae and the attention of Taekwoon. He looked at Jaewhan curiously as though he had never seen anyone quite like him before a small, very rare smile graced his lips.

“I'll be with you in a second,” Jongdae said as we went and sat in the corner of the room. I was about to settle into the cushions and talk about Jongin and Chanyeol when suddenly the door opened and Jongin walked in.

“Oh for god’s sake!”