Byun Baekhyun x Han Minmi (OC)

Oneshot Request Shop! -Now Open-

Male: Byun Baekhyun(EXO) 
Female: Han Minmi 
Situation: About an idol who is having an affair with his fan.

 

"My ideal type is... someone gentle with long hair, fair skin and a pretty smile," said Baekhyun, forcing his eyes to stay open against the bright flashes of the cameras at the press conference. He grinned till his cheeks hurt and wished hard for time to hurry up so that he could leave this interview quickly and get home after this ridiculiously long day of work starting early in the morning. 

"Just another question Baekhyun-ssi," asked the interviewer. "A neitzen sent this in via SNS: "Oppaaaaa! Do you have a girlfriend? I saw you buying chocolates and flowers at the shop near the dorm at night! Oppppa it's not true right?"

Baekhyun balked. How had they seen him? Damn stalker fans. He thought he had been discrete. Thankfully, Suho saved him. Laughingly, he spun some tale about congratulating D.O. on being cast in a drama, fully denying Baekhyun dating and the problem was averted. The interivew drew to a close quickly afterwards and as he walked off the set, Baekhyun clutched onto his hyung and thanked him for covering it all up. "Never again Baekhyun," grumbled Suho, who was now half asleep on his feet even though it was barely 6 pm.

--------------------------------------------

Baekhyun stumbled into the apartment of his girlfriend and saw her sitting waiting up on the couch for him. Smiling that gentle smile that Han Minmi always loved, he opened up his arms and she threw her arms around him, inhaling his scent. Her pixie hair ticked his neck and he laughed. "I've got dinner set for you!," she whispered into his ear. Pulling away, she refused his help and scrambled to set the table as he sat down in a chair waiting for the delicious pasta he could already smell. 

Placing the plate down infront of him, she sat opposite him at the small circular table while he wolfed down the food. Their conversation continued as usual, with Minmi telling Baekhyun all about university and how they were doing a human body project in pairs in their Medsci course. Of course, that wasn't the only reminder that Minmi was studying to be a doctor. There were thick textbooks lying all around the house and she often had her nose in one, taking notes and drawing diagrams. Sometimes Baekhyun felt in total awe sitting next to someone as intellegent as her as she randomly spouted interesting information she learnt in class.

"And you know oppa? You can feel pain in your shoulder when the actual problem is in your heart because of the nerve being connected up by the shoulder? That same idea might explain why Jongin keeps feeling pain in his back even though his shoulder is injured too."

Baekhyun nodded whilst slurping up the spaghetti. Her inexhaustable knowledge was actually rather interesting for him to listen to. "Oh and oppa," she said carefully, pushing her glasses further up her nose from where they were slipping down, "I saw your interview..."

She was interrupted by the doorbell. Her eyes widened and her head snapped towards her calender. Swearing softly under her breath, she ushered Baekhyun into the kitchen. "I'm sorry! I fully forgot that Sung Jae was turning up for the project today! You'll have to stay here for a bit and I'll just try get rid of him quickly in an hour or so," she rambled as she shoved him down quickly behind the counter. Sung Jae?! Minmi never told him that her partner was a boy. 

The two partners bustled around the house before settling down in the living room while Baekhyun sulked behin the counter. "I can't see anything," he muttered quietly.

--------------------------------

Minmi made every attempt to try and finish the session early but Sung Jae, being totally oblivious, kept finding ways to extend it.

"Oh Minmi ah! We haven't sorted out which parts of this we're going to be doing."


"Minmi, we can't finish yet...I thought we still had to memorise and label the musculo-skeletal system."


"Min ah! We need to explain how that arbitary constant is derived for the lung equation."

Baekhyun was going insane. His legs were starting to cramp and he felt like Minmi had slowly forgotten he was even there. MIN? MIN?! Since when did this BOY get to give her a nickname? Even he didn't get to give her a nickname...

Peering around the side of the counter, he grumbled while he watched Sung Jae reach over Minmi to pick up another textbook. Heh, she doesn't even care about how close he's getting. Just letting him flirt while your boyfriend is still here. FINE, he hmphed.

----------------------------------------

Two hours later, the project was finally over and as Sungjae dragged on his sneakers, he paused and turned to face Minmi, who was smiling at him.

"Ah, I don't know how to say this but...I've been interested in you for a while. Not just as a lab partner. More than that. Will you go out on a date with me?" he asked softly, eyes shining.

Minmi's face fell.

"Listen...Sung-" she never got to finish as Baekhyun stalked out of his hiding place, livid.

"No kid shes not free to go anywhere so get OUT!," he growled, shoving Sungjae out and slamming the door shut. He whirled to face Minmi who had her jaw hanging.

"Baek! You can't just come out like that! What if he tells-"

"I don't CARE who he tells! You obviously don't care either! I've been sitting here for almost TWO HOURS while my girlfriend lets another guy flirt with her right in front of my face without stopping him! What's wrong with you?!" 

Minmi's face darkened as she stepped in closer to her now red-faced boyfriend.

"Well. If you really want to know. I can't TELL anyone I'm dating! I can't tell guys to go away because I'm taken because of your job so you have no RIGHT to get angry at ME!" Jabbing him in the chest with her finger, she continued. "Don't you dare accuse me of letting him flirt! I was just being nice to him! What about me? Have you ever considered how I feel? Do I not have the right to be jealous when you have millions of fangirls fantasizing about you and screaming your name while you dance next to some stupid perfect SNSD girl onstage? Do you even understand how I FEEL when I see you talking about your so-called ideal type barbie girl with fair skin and beautiful long hair? Pretty and gentle?"

"THATS NOT ME BAEKHYUN! It HURTS to know I can't be your perfect girl...."

His face fell as she him and headed into her room, locking it, tears streaming down her face.

--------------------------------------------------

How could he not have understood? Baekhyun had been kicking himself for the last half hour mentally for not realising how she felt. Sighing, he ripped out a page from his notebook and started writing.

-------------------------------------------------

Minmi awoke the next morning with a throbbing headache and stuffy nose from crying last night. Walking out into the living room, she scowled as she saw her sleeping boyfriend on the couch and ignored him, heading straight to the fridge for a chilled glass of water.

To her surprise, the jug in the fridge had a note attached to it.

Dear Minmi,

I know we save these mini letters to eachother for when we're fighting. So. Here's one now. I'm sorry for accusing you of letting that boy flirt with you. In my frustration last night I just snapped and I didn't mean it jagi, I'm really sorry. I'll apologise to him too. He's your friend and I shouldn't have been that rude.

I'm so sorry I didn't realise how you felt. I've never really considered how you felt about all the fans and the people I work with. I suppose, you've never let me feel bad about it. You've always been so supportive and relaxed that I thought it didn't matter to you. I don't really express myself properly either, for the sake of my own ego I guess, but I just wanted to say this. That ideal type thing. My ideal type WAS Taeyeon noona or an SNSD member. Not is. You say I can get any fan I want. But I don't want a fan. They're not my ideal  type. I spout nonsense at my interviews about fair faces and long hair because I can't say this: My ideal type is Han Minmi. My ideal type is you and always will be you. I love everything about you, no matter how you look because you're the person that has my heart.

-------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun opened his eyes as he felt his hair being . He met her eyes. Minmi smiled. He smiled back.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ugh I am so sorry for the first update in AGES! Just finished exams, more coming up so I'm doing my best to catch up with life and other things while this break lasts...

 

I hope you guys enjoyed this! Please do request, comment, upvote and subscribe!