Sequel: Embraced by the moonlight

From behind the lenses

A/N Hello people !! For some miraculous for me reason my story reached one thousand views and it still has all of its original subscribers still subscribed, even though it was marked as completed weeks ago, and that made me want to express how thankful i am for that  ;u; I hope you enjoy !!


Yoongi has always liked summer the most. His strong dislike for the cold weather was one thing, but it was also because he always felt the most inspired during the warm and sunny days.

For example the weddings he was hired to photograph were always the most colorful and fun when they were outdoors and he didn’t have to make excuses to leave earlier because he frankly enjoyed photographing random scenes outside the ones he was hired to do and sending them to his clients for free. Also the festivals, the many, many colorful and fun festivals that often resulted in him having to carry around at least three types of lenses around and his bag was basically bigger than himself. You could say that even after all this time, Yoongi’s love for photographs was still becoming stronger and stronger by the day.

But those were kind of the more minor reasons why Yoongi enjoyed summer the most. The major one was Park Jimin, as it was only then when he could visit Yoongi and even stay for whole three months. He worked as a dance instructor for elementary students to afford his stay, but the rest of his time was dedicated to one tiny photographer that was kind of obsessed with taking shots of him all the time. But paying rent wasn’t something Jimin had to do.

 

--

 

“How can a person eat noodles for all three main meals?” Jimin raised a brow at the sight of Yoongi’s kitchen cupboard, which was filled with endless packs of them.

“And eggs.”

“But-“

“It’s hard okay! And besides convenience stores are filled with boxed lunch sets for single men who can’t cook to save their life.”

“Except you’re not single.” Jimin deadpanned and cut some ham and olives as a side dish for the omelette he had just made. Good that he decided to do some grocery shopping before coming here or else both of them had to live off the same food for… ever. Proudly putting the plate with food next to the hopeless older of the two, he suddenly saw the red color on Yoongi’s neck and ears. So apparently Min Yoongi was also capable of getting embarrassed.

“What, still not used to it?” Jimin sang and poured what seemed like a litter of water in a glass and placed it next to the plate. He decided that he will do anything to change Yoongi’s eating habits into healthier ones.

“Shut up…” Yoongi mumbled and tried to sound all manly, but that only made the younger laugh slightly at the infamous Yoongi stubbornness. In fact Yoongi was a lot happier than his face will ever be able to express and his heart had been running races ever since he saw the back of his favorite person at the airport yesterday. But he really wasn’t used to it, having someone who identified as his lover.

“Okay, so instead of paying rent I will be in charge of cooking, deal?” Jimin offered and stared a little at the sight of Yoongi eating as if he hadn’t seen proper food in ages, even though it was just a quick omelette.

“I also want hot chocolate.” was all Yoongi answered and Jimin couldn’t hold himself from stealing a kiss. Almost nothing had changed and Yoongi loved his sugary drinks just as much.

 

--

 

It was usually Jimin the bold one, the one to take the first step, to initiate skinship, to invite the older for a kiss and all similar acts and he really didn’t mind. But for some reason ever since Jimin came back in Hong Kong Yoongi always took his hand in his own whenever they were outside, it didn’t matter if they were waiting for their buss or just on their usual walks around the neighborhood. He was shy and clumsy most of the times but Jimin never failed the notice the look of pride Yoongi wore whenever they were together, as if he wanted to show the world that Park Jimin was his and that he loved him. Because of that, it was so much easier for the younger to ignore the stares and occasional glares they received from random passengers; after all they weren’t really important, the important thing was that Yoongi wasn’t embarrassed of who he was with and Jimin appreciated that a lot. It was a bonus that Yoongi’s hands ware always really warm and big and Jimin felt secure whenever they would be around his own.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Jimin asked while tying his shoelaces. It was a Sunday morning and neither of them had work today, but Yoongi had woken him up early, telling him to get ready to spend the day out. Yoongi only let a lazy smile appear on his face and shook his head.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“That’s why we shall visit Xiu Ying first. I still need to treat you a tiramisu cake. And coffee if you want.” Yoongi said and his state of mind became absolutely preoccupied with the thought of hot chocolate and strawberry cake. Jimin almost, almost, questioned what kind of person thinks of consuming so much sugar this early in the morning but he knew it was pointless to argue about this with Min Yoongi himself, so he decided to change his tactic.

“How about we buy some sandwiches and visit Ying in the afternoon?” He had to try, at least.

 

--

 

Yoongi insisted that they didn’t take the bus, but rather walked to their destination and Jimin let himself be dragged around since he still didn’t know where they were going. But it was nice. They talked, laughed, teased each other, trying to compensate for the long time they’ve been apart. Yoongi was holding onto Jimin’s hand tightly and he would squeeze it once in a while without noticing and the younger happened to find that very endearing.

“Want to see the place where I create?” Yoongi asked, half worried, half excited. He has been wanting to show Jimin his work place for a long time, the place where he developed all of his pictures and the place where he made all of his projects come to live. He was worried because his field of work was far from Jimin’s interests and he was afraid the younger might feel bored.

Yoongi felt Jimin’s hand slipping out of his. The younger had stopped in the middle of the road.

“Really?” Jimin practically beamed. Yoongi felt his heartbeat quickening again.

“So you don’t mind? My boss called me this morning for a little task, but it won’t take long. I thought it would be nice to bring you with me, but of course only if you want…”

“Of course! Of course I do! I’ve always been interested in the atmosphere in which you make all those amazing collages that are on the walls on the walls of the apartment.” Jimin said excitedly in his high-pitched voice and grabbed Yoongi’s hand, quickening their pace. Yoongi couldn’t help but smile like a child, the mutual feeling made him feel special and appreciated.

“What, you thought I wouldn’t want to?”

“Well, photography isn’t really a big factor in your life, so…”

“Just like dance isn’t in yours but you always come to my dance sessions whenever you can.”

 

Thinking about it, now that made sense to Yoongi. Wasn’t it only natural to be interested in your partner’s passion? Just like he felt the need to see Jimin in his ‘natural habitat’ and learn as much as he could about dancing and the many different genres there were, maybe Jimin also was curious about Yoongi’s work.

 

 

Jimin was, what seemed like, fascinated by almost everything. He was trying his hardest not to touch every photograph he laid his eyes on, not to ask Yoongi where were all of them taken, why were they named like that, what memories they held for the older and so on. He wanted to know everything, but he behaved himself not to embarrass Yoongi. After all they had a lot of time after that.

 

“Isn’t this…?” Jimin whispered questioningly few moments after they entered Yoongi’s main office. He expected to see a messy place full of scattered paper, pictures, lenses and crafts, but it was quite tidy. But it wasn’t that that caught his attention. There was only one piece hanging on the wall just beside the desk.

“That’s the only thing that doesn’t annoy me. I actually don’t like to work in a messy environment. And I happen to quite like it, for reasons.”

‘Smile’.

The collage that was the main reason Jimin was standing in Yoongi’s office right now, almost three thousand kilometers away from his home. The collage that led them to a path which made them who they are right now. It was Yoongi’s favorite not because he thought it was perfect or that he did some amazing job with it. It was his favorite because Jimin’s smile, the main hero of the collage, was shining brightly as ever and whenever Yoongi felt like nothing went right and work just wasn’t flowing, he needed to take a look at it and inspire himself. It deserved the special place and the tons of attention it always brought to itself whenever people came in the office.

“Your favorite?” Jimin asked and grinned. The answer was obvious.

 

--

 

 Yoongi grunted yet again and held back the desire to call his boss and scream in his ear, but surely not the nicest adjectives he could think of. He was given another vague project he needed to work on and the lack of instructions really made him angry. He threw the pen he had been twirling in his hand for the past half an hour on the table and pulled his beanie over his eyes. Why was he wearing a beanie inside his apartment? Because he was Min Yoongi.

It was past 1am and Jimin was nowhere to be seen. Yoongi knew well not to disturb him and call him when he had work but he had been coming home unreasonably late and that didn’t help Yoongi’s pissy mood at all. Did he have to overwork himself almost every night and come home in the verge of collapsing from exhaustion?

Another groan later he decided it was about time he went to bed and stopped thinking about the project and wait for an idea to come itself. Or so he hoped it will happen.

--

 

Just as he was about to change in his sleeping shirt he heard the front door open and he appreciated the younger’s effort to be quiet. At least.

 

“Why are you still up?” Jimin whispered, even though he didn’t have to. His eyes seemed swollen and begging for some sleep and Yoongi got even angrier.

“Oh, look who’s talking.” the older snapped harsher than he intended to, but his stubbornness and bad luck took the worst of him and made it come out.

“What’s wrong?” Jimin asked ever so gently and made his way into the room. Yoongi softened at the worried sound of the younger’s voice. He turned around to hide his face and the many emotions that were showing right now and let out a huff.

“I’m sorry for snapping like this, it’s just… I don’t like seeing you so exhausted every night. If I get to see you, that is. July is almost over and I’m getting all worried that time is passing too fast and I won’t be able to see you at all for a long time. Don’t pay attention to me, let’s go to be-“

“Yoongi-hyung.”

“There you go with the ‘hyung’ again, why are you suddenly calling me-“and again he was interrupted, but this time there were no words said. Two arms slowly but surely made their way around his waist and a pair of lips was placed somewhere around his shoulder. Yoongi flinched at the sudden contact, but he soon relaxed, because Jimin just had that effect on him.

“I’m sorry for making you worry, today was the last day of my additional training. I’m sorry Yoongi-hyung.” Jimin kept whispering, his hands still holding Yoongi tight.

The older felt guilty for making Jimin feel like this, all of his anger and frustration were exchanged with sincere worry. Being upset didn’t suit Jimin, the lack of cheerfulness in his voice wasn’t acceptable either.

Yoongi lifted his hands and wrapped them around the ones around his waist. He soon unlinked them and quickly turned around to face to younger, as the moonlight was embracing them and that granted them just enough light to see each other. He kissed Jimin’s forehead gently and placed his hands on his cheeks. When he met Jimin’s gaze he didn’t find the usual childish look, but rather an intense, even a pleading one. Yoongi got shaken up for a second at the sudden change that he felt from the other, but it wasn’t a bad change.

Next thing he knew is that his lips were moving against Jimin’s painfully slowly, but in a way that still managed to take his breath away. No matter how much time passed, Yoongi always felt like he would never be able to get enough of the sensation of Jimin’s lips against his and the way the younger tasted. He greedily nibbled on his lower lip and he was met by just as needy tongue. His hands moved to Jimin’s back and he embraced the younger, getting rid of the last distance that was left between them. Yoongi felt daring, so he worked his way to Jimin’s neck, placing small kisses wherever he could. Soft sounds escaped from the younger which encouraged Yoongi to on that particular spot until it became bright red.

Jimin was tired, but not enough to let himself be completely led by the older. He slowly slid his hands under Yoongi’s shirt and gently caressed his skin, even though those touches felt like electricity on Yoongi’s skin. The older tried to hold back the embarrassing whimpers that were stuck in his throat, but Jimin’s touch made him forget about the pride that was holding them in. He could swear he felt Jimin smirking into his neck.

As if he wasn’t having hard time controlling himself already, the fact that Yoongi kept whispering “You’re beautiful” into Jimin’s ear every chance he had wasn’t helping at all. The younger locked their lips again, a little rougher this time. He let them to their bedroom and slightly pushed the older on the bed without disconnecting their mouths even for a second. Pieces of clothing kept falling on the floor, but they had already had exposed themselves to each other on another level before, emotionally, so it didn’t feel as awkward or clumsy as they expected. Their bodies were just as in synch as their feelings.

At times Yoongi pulled away so they could regain their normal breathing, but only to move onto the younger’s chest, kissing and caressing it in a way that made Jimin have to bite a pillow not to scream. Yoongi was gentle and he made sure to let Jimin know how much he loved him with every single touch he initiated. Their mouths connected again for a long time and this time Jimin managed to whisper some words to Yoongi, words filled with passion, love, care, reminding him just how important he was to him.

They slept tangled in each other, and even their chests were rising and falling in the same time. The last thought Jimin had before drifting off was that Yoongi was out of earth beautiful and the older knew he had found a model that best suit the theme of his new project.

‘Soulmate’