Grace and elegance

From behind the lenses

“Are you okay? What do they put in nowadays hot chocolate man, I’m concerned-“


“Shut up Park Jimin, I was trying to be serious here. Please?” Yoongi pleaded. His brain was already forming different ideas of what pictures to take and how to arrange them into the collage and suddenly the project didn’t seem that impossible anymore.


“Did you get the idea from my suggestion earlier?” Jimin raised an eyebrow kind of surprised and Yoongi nodded. It was the first time the younger saw such a different expression in the latter, because Yoongi usually wasn’t interested in anything in particular or was just too lazy to show any proper excitement, but now he could practically see his brain working and eyes flowing with enthusiasm. Jimin smiled a bit.


“Wanna come to the dance studio tonight? If you can handle losing your sleep that is.”


“I can? Won’t you get into trouble?” Yoongi questioned, but Jimin only rolled his eyes.


"Life gotta be at least a bit exciting so i don't think that much in advance." he answered and arranged their second meeting in another four hours.

 

It was honestly mesmerizing. Yoongi didn’t know much about dancing and surely didn’t expect much, but he now was completely lost for words. Jimin had suggsted that since he clearly loves dancing a lot, the practice room would probably the best place for Yoongi to snap a few good photos of the younger where he could naturally portrait his gummy smile.

But now Yoongi wasn’t even looking at his face, rather he was stuck at staring how gracefully his body moved. He looked like he knew exactly where to put his limbs and the exact timing to do it. He became one with the rhythm and no matter how many times the type of song changed, he still managed to flow in and still look elegant.

There wasn’t just one way or one adjective to describe how Park Jimin danced and Yoongi definitely needed him to just not stop. He wasn’t perfect, he fell, he stumbled, he even cursed at himself, he sometimes lost control of his expressions and looked like he was in pain, he would suddenly lose his balance, yet he never stopped or gave up - Jimin would just get up and continue. Those little imperfections were what made Yoongi think that Park Jimin was extremely elegant actually. The confidence, fierceness and edginess that was overflowing from the younger was exactly what Yoongi thought made his dancing complete and…beautiful. Pop, Hip-hop, B-boying, breakdancing and many other types of dancing Yoongi couldn’t name were showcased during the three hours he watched him dance, yet Jimin seemed to have no problem switching the style. Sure, it didn’t always flow correctly right from the beginning but that was quickly forgotten when he would just shake it off and continue.

Jimin didn’t smile much, actually he looked exactly the opposite of his usual self, he was very focused and sometimes frustrated when he would stumble, but when he did smile it was really breathtaking. Right when the song would finish and he would do his final move, the usual sheepish, at times lopsided smile would appear, portraying how happy he was with what he was doing. Yoongi was quite passionate about photography too, especially when it had such a deep meaning for him, but he truly saw passion, real passion, for the first time that night in the eyes of Park Jimin. He started clapping.

“You didn’t move or say a word for the past three hours, nor even move your camera for a bit, I thought I was boring you, mister Min. Glad I deserved you applause.” Jimin was only joking around while he was lying on the floor, catching his breath. Bored? Yoongi frowned at his words. He was everything BUT bored. He was now excited, his heart was beating fast and he looked like he had many things to say, but none of them came out of his mouth. A lot of things went through his mind right now and he was eager to work with his DSLR after a long time, two weeks, of almost nothing. And mostly because now he knew exactly which smile he wanted to be the ‘main’ of his collage. The one Jimin showed when he would finish his dance. He knew he wanted to try few different angels and situations but he knew he could manage it.

“You are amazing, I hope you know that.” Yoongi blurted out awkwardly and kind of regretted his shaky voice. Jimin snapped his head in Yoongi's direction, looked at how embarrassed the older looked by his sudden confession and just burst out laughing.


“And I was trying to be nice here..” Yoongi mumbled, frowning at the younger’s reaction, as if he didn’t take Yoongi’s words seriously, but he meant them.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, but you should’ve seen your own expression! Are you sure you are 20? You looked like a child to me.” Jimin said while getting up, still giggling to himself a little. “But I’m grateful you think like this, I thought you would be unimpressed, as usual. Though I doubt I was of any help.”


“No.”


“No?”


“You were. You really were and honestly I really need you to allow me to come back tomorrow too. I have an idea. Lots of them actually.”


“Whoa really? That’s cool then, I guess. What ideas?”


“I won’t tell you. After all you’re my model, but you’re unexperienced and if I tell you it won’t come out naturally. I will show you the final project, I promise.”


“Admit that you just want to see more of me.” Jimin jokingly smirked, and made a silly pose to show off his body, waiting for Yoongi to throw something at him for the lame joke. But Yoongi didn’t, he didn’t do anything actually, only stared at Jimin and the younger felt his cheeks reddening suddenly, for whatever reason.

 


A/N Thank you for reading ;u;
I would really appreciate some feedback, criticism or just anything so I know what am I doing right and wrong and how to improve ;~;
Picture of the day ♥