Flaws or maybe just overthinking

From behind the lenses

“No, no, no, no, no….” Jimin groaned and almost kicked the CD player for it to stop playing music and made an actual scary expression. Yoongi completely quieted down back in the corner because it was the first time seeing the younger actually angry. It was like this ever since he came at the studio, apparently because Jimin kept messing up some new move. Although Yoongi couldn’t see where and what was he messing up, he knew it wasn’t going okay for him at all.


“Hey, why don’t you just take a break? You’ve been repeating this for the past two hours if you just calm down and…”


“Stop talking as if you know everything.” Jimin suddenly yelled, obviously frustrated. “I’m not here to mess up, I’m not allowed to. This is a reward I received for being first place and messing up something so easy only talks about how much I don’t deserve it. I’m not allowed to make mistakes and if I do, the choreographer has many other talented students to replace me with and I might find myself on the plane for Korea the next morning. If you’re here to only wait for a chance to complete your collage you’re free to go. Dancing is something I really take seriously.” Jimin said without even sparing a look at Yoongi and his voice had an unfamiliar coldness to it. Unfamiliar for Jimin’s voice, but not unfamiliar in general for Yoongi, because he knew how the younger was feeling and knew that he meant every single word he said. Grasping onto one thing that truly means something to you and being nothing but self-critical about it was something inevitable if you had only yourself to rely on, Yoongi had experienced that before quite a few times. But that didn’t suit Jimin at all, all of a sudden Yoongi just wanted to take away all of the frustration bottled up in the younger and seal it away somewhere.


“True I’m here for my project. But also because I find you exceptionally talented and it’s your passion that makes me want to watch every move you make closely. And I believe you won’t be sitting that on any planes the next two months. Come here.”


“What?”


“Just come.” And Jimin went to Yoongi’s corner, still confused, but didn’t say anything. Yoongi knew that it wasn’t the time to mess around and try to crack some lame jokes so he just went besides Jimin and gave him his camera and before Jimin could say anything, he just pushed the play button and let Jimin observe his own performances and see what he’s doing wrong himself, instead of just trying to talk him into believing that he’s amazing and one simple mistake wasn’t that bad blah blah blah.

And so it happened. Jimin frowned at the beginning, but then he kept rewinding and rewatching different parts, moving his body unconsciously, making different expressions, slowly calming down and probably even thinking rationally. And Yoongi didn’t bother him, he let the latter find his own flaws and stop overcriticizing himself, which always led to wrong assumptions and thoughts of giving up. That continued for up to an hour and when he finished Yoongi saw Jimin’s smile for the first time that day, his irritation and frustration obviously gone now and the atmosphere around him wasn’t as tense anymore.


“Hey, hyung, I’m sorry. I totally just looked like a whiny little brat, didn’t I?” he laughed kinda bitterly, but turned his gaze onto Yoongi’s. “Thank you. I really needed that ‘slap’ to bring me back into reality. Also a break, that was a really nice break. Now I know what to work on and my body is ready to accept another round of it. But when did you film all of this? You never even looked at your camera or even pushed any buttons.”


“Ouch, Park Jimin, I feel like I’ve been greatly underestimated by you. Here I’m a paparazzi, I can take a picture of you before you even blink, I thought you were aware of that. And woah, did I hear a hyung just now? I need to act like it more often so I get to hear it again.” Yoongi laughed and punched Jimin’s shoulder a bit so the younger finally releases all that tension that was clogging up his insides.

Ah, here it was. The smile Yoongi could see very well, even with his eyes closed.

“Who knew Mister I’m-too-lazy-to-show-proper-human-emotions on my face could work his way with words and actions like this, I wonder if you will ever stop shocking me. You’re truly like an onion with many different layers, which come one very rarely. But really, thank you hyung I feel like a different person now and I promise your next hot chocolate is on me. Now let’s get to work.” Jimin concluded and went to the center of the practice room again, where he belonged and where he shined the most and where Yoongi thought suited him the most. Dancing and Jimin became one yet again, even though it took few bruised knees and torn sneakers

. And Yoongi stood there, probably more because he felt really at peace when he watched the younger do what he’s best at than for the sole reason to take a picture, although he would snap one or two he thought were worth saving on paper. After all, wasn’t that his goal? To travel, to explore and to save precious memories in the form of a picture, and currently Park Jimin was definitely one of them. Yoongi wanted to come back tomorrow too.

 


A/N I know many fans are really annoyed, and for a reason, when fanfic authors incorporate Korean words into their works when It's really unneeded and there are exact English words that can be used instead of the Korean slang, and I also think like this. But to make things a little bit more realistic I decided to add the 'hyung' part because we all know how much Yoongi insits on that and doesn't like it when fans/or just someone younger are being impolite or just overfriendly, and even though they're in China, i thought it was a proper place to include that, so he knows that 'Jimin' actually respects him and is thankful. And if you're annoyed with it i totally understand, because after all it is an English fanfiction, but i hope you understand my intentions!
Thank you for reading and i'm sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes ;u;
 

P.S I'm few hours early but also happy birthday to Yoongi, a person I consider and often call out of Earth beautiful for many reasons. I do think of him as an many-layered onion at times because I know he's a lot more than what he portrays in front of fans and there is a lot more behind his gummy smile, an inteligence and passion really worth respect. I really look up to him and i sincerely hope he, and the rest of the boys, have the chance to fully show what are they capable of in the future because as much as they spoil us, I just know there is a lot more waiting for us and we will never not be surpised at how talented those seven boys are.
In celebration, gifs of the day *u*