Chapter 4: Suddenly

When I Thought of You, Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He drove off to her building once again and he promised himself that this would be the last time he’d be watching over her like this. His friends have told him how he seemed like a stalker for the entire month he’s been going to her place. He sat on the driver’s seat, waiting for her car to appear out from the basement parking. However, he saw her step out of the building with a smile on her face instead.

He sees her boss get off his car and hugs Fany and she also accepted the hug. The man opened the door for her and she gladly stepped in. Upon seeing her smile and her actions, his already dead heart died once again. With that last glimpse of her, he drove to his own office building with a bitter smile on.

“Bunbujang-nim...” his secretary and also close friend, ChanSung, entered his office as soon as he had taken off his coat. “The President had a sudden conference in the congress, so he said that you take over the meeting today...”

“Araseo, where are the documents?” Taec asked and Chan immediately placed a folder of the meeting’s documents on his desk. “Did godfather say anything else?”

“Just that this business partnership is important and that we should do our best... but he said that you never failed him anyways, so he was confident about it...” the man spoke and Taec just nodded with a straight face.

After reading the briefing documents, he confidently walked into the conference room, only to be surprised on who his company’s new business partner would be. For about a minute all he could see was her face and also her new man’s face.

She also did not expect that she would be meeting him as she knew that they were supposed to meet the President and not the Director. She gave him a forced smile and she lightly bowed at him, not wanting the others to notice of the tension in between them. 

It was not until Chan cleared his throat that Taec realized that he was standing in front of the conference table with two visitors and four other directors of his own company.

“Good morning... let’s skip the introductions and start the meeting shall we?” he coldly opened the meeting as he shifted his eyes from the woman to his other directors.

With that, the meeting was started at once and the presenters did what they have prepared. There were also discussions, creative criticisms and it ended with an official contract signing between the two business organizations. The two heads had their picture taken as they signed the contract and shook hands to seal the deal. Taec badly wanted to grip the man’s hand as tight as he could, wanting to break his bones, but with clenched jaw, he controlled the devil in him.

“It was nice to do business with you, Mr. Ok, I hope your mall would be able to bring our fashion line to greater grounds...” SeungHyun spoke as they exchanged smiles.

“Same here...” Taec shortly replied.

No matter how affected Taec was, he controlled himself and remained professional throughout the meeting. However when the meeting ended and after seeing the two’s intertwined fingers when they walked out of his conference room, he could not hide his anger, hopelessness, and reddish eyes. He walked fast to his office and locked himself there.

With that, he thought that everything might be really over with them. Even though he’s still in denial, he could not help but feel his heart on the ground. He had lost the will to fight for her. Sitting on his chair with no energy at all, he thought deeply of all his mistakes. He blamed himself for everything and he could not think of anything else.

I still can’t forget you
I still can’t trust everything
Even today I can’t send you away like this

I will rewrite it again, our story will not end
I will bury fact that reality is seeping into my skin for now
I rewrite it once again, the start beginning with you and I smiling happily
In case you will leave me, the background is a small room without an exit

I kiss you as if there is nothing wrong
I can’t leave your sweet presence
There is no such thing as an end for us

After about an hour, Chan knocked on Taec’s office to call him for lunch, as the two had always done, but when he did not respond at all, Chan got so worried. He knew Taec’s condition and it just got worse today after seeing the new business partners. Taec was already in bad condition the past weeks, with all the deep eye bags, a more hollowed face, and loss of focus at his job. And he knew that this new revelation is just the worst thing that could happen right now.

After another minute of knocking and calling out to him, Chan finally lost patience and banged on the locked door. He was dead worried Taec might have done something stupid and when nothing’s happening after all the banging, he immediately called for the keys. When he walked in, he was slightly relieved that the friend was sitting on his chair, staring blankly with no response at whatever noise had been happening.

Right now, there are only happy stories here
The very happy stories of just the two of us (Different from reality)
Is written here, it’s slowly filling up

I run towards you and embrace you
I can’t never let you go from my embrace
There is no such thing as an end for us

I will say this again, one more time
Right now you are next to me
I’m believing like that

“I just wanna be alone, Chan-ah...” he whispered but still audible to the young man.

“No, I’m not leaving you alone this time, hyung...” Chan declined. “Look at yourself, hyung... you’re killing yourself...”

“I’ve given up on this...” Taec spoke with a dry throat.

“What? The TaecYeon that I know was always a fighter, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter