Chapter 1: Teddy Bear and a Love Song

When I Thought of You, Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Like her usual day, she arrives early at the building’s parking lot in her car and struts towards the elevators and heads straight to her office. Just after she places down her bag and hangs her coat, she sits on her chair and opens up her planner for her schedule today. However, as she opened the medium sized book, a picture drops to her table. It was their photo, when they were still together, just placed in between what’s supposed to be their second anniversary date.

She looks at it and after a few seconds, she tears it into pieces but hesitates a little. But still, she crumpled them more and dumped the pieces into the bin. She sat on her chair and decides to start working but after a few minutes of getting distracted, she stops. She wonders how his mere picture could make distractions such as constant popping of his face in every corner or his name on every document she’s reading. With frustration, she screams and her assistant comes in panic.

“Unni, what’s happened?” her assistant, Sulli, asked. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine... sorry about that... I’m fine, just been thinking about some problems lately... you can leave me alone, now... please...” she spoke while trying to calm herself.

“Araseo, just call me if you need anything...” Sulli spoke and the older woman nodded.

She tries getting back to work but halts and looks around her office room. Then she decides to check everything in her office, looking for any traces of that man, things that she may had forgotten to throw away or delete in her room. By the end of the two hour corner to corner cleaning, she discovers four undeleted morning emails from him, the pen he gave her when she was promoted, the stress ball he won for her at an amusement park and an unknown envelope hidden behind her books.

She remembered how the two of them always exchanged morning emails when they reach their respective office. But when she thought of that bitter memory of their separation, she does not hesitate any longer and deletes the messages. She throws the bread shaped stress ball and the pen in the trash can and was also about to throw the envelope too but curiosity kicked in and she hesitantly opened it. After opening it, she finds a piece of paper, a letter, inside.

I erase the red heart,
I erase your number from the number one spot on the phone
I change it to a different number
but it doesn’t work

I clean up the gathered up pictures
I rip up the letters you wrote me
I try everything that I can
but it doesn’t work

She held the letter, still unopened, in her hands as she thinks deeply whether to read it or not. With a sigh, she finally opened the letter and as she read it, tears started forming in her eyes.

Fany darling,

I’m glad you’ve found this letter... I was just s bored waiting for you to come back from your client call, so I just did some treasure hunt... but this is different... without clues or a straightforward challenge, I’m letting the fates help you find this letter... and if you really found this, that means that we are destined to be together... I love you...

She could not believe the man’s goofiness and innocence. How could he believe strongly at destiny, and how could he have a mind of a ten year old. Even if it’s hard to admit, she does miss him, but mistakes could not be taken back and they’re now apart from each other. Remembering him, and the good times they had together, she controls her tears from falling.

It’s not like we loved for a hundred years
We barely lasted over 100 days
But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter