Chapter 3: Thinking of You

When I Thought of You, Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fany-ah... can we at least talk about it? It’s been more than three weeks since we’ve seen each other... and I’ve been missing you so much... just give me a chance to explain... then it would be your decision if we go back to what we were, or if we just remain friends... I hope you answer this time...”

He left another voice mail in her phone, just how he had been doing for twenty two days since their breakup. That day was the last time he had seen her. He went to her office and looked for her but they all told him that she’s not in, and when he tried to barge in one day, he was dragged by the security and ever since then, he had been banned in that building. One day, he saw her assistant, but the woman just ignored her after she gave a sad smile.

He also constantly failed to catch her after working hours. He doesn’t know if he’s just blind or she gets home too early or too late for him to fail to see her that many times.

The next day, he called again, and he hated himself more when he heard the operator say that the number’s invalid. It took her twenty three days to change her phone number. But he felt happy somehow that she did not change her number right away and gave him the chance of twenty two days to leave voice messages for her. And he also believed that she had listened to those messages, knowing that she was not that cold hearted.

That night, he dropped by the flower shop again and chose a different flower this time. Not her favourite tea roses nor her second favourite calla lilies, but purple hyacinths, the flowers of seeking forgiveness. Upon seeing him wearing a sad smile as he left the flowers on the concierge desk, the staff called him before he could completely turn his back on her. She gave a pitiful smile and allowed him to leave the flower on her doorstep and he smiled a little brighter upon hearing her.

With nervous steps, he went to her floor and breathed deeply as he stood in front of her door. He rang the doorbell but as usual, no one answered. He left the flowers on her door mat and went down to the lobby.

“I should have known... these false hopes...” he sighed as he left.

He walked out of the building but her familiar pink car caught his eyes. He turned his head and saw her walking wobbly out of her car’s passenger seat. He was about to run to her side, when he saw a stranger hold her waist and she leaned on the man’s body for support before she burst into a laugh with the man. Both people looked at each other lovingly and they looked happy and it seemed that they were joking about something.

“Sunbaenim... thank you for driving me back... you really didn’t have to...” she spoke in a drunk voice as her eyes started drooping.

“That’s nothing... it’s my responsibility to take care of all my employees... I’m your immediate boss and I called for this dinner, so it’s my job to make sure you all get home safe and sound...” the man spoke. “And by the way, outside the company, you can call me oppa... okay?”

“Neh, SeunHyun oppa... Hic...” she grinned wide before she hiccupped. The man returned the smile with a sweet one as he was happy.

He was happy that after being her superior at work for over four years, she had finally agreed to see him a different perspective, as someone more special. In other people’s eyes, it could only be a very concerned boss caring for his subordinates, but he had other feelings for her and treated her nicer than he was with her colleagues. And she knew the reason behind his overly nice gestures, but shrugged it every time she gets teased that the boss was having a crush on her.

“Thank you too, for getting me the chance to dance with you earlier...” the man spoke as they walked towards the building doors. She had a hesitant smile as she listened to his gratitude.

“That was my pleasure... of dancing with the most handsome boss in all Korea...” she teased and his grip on her waist became tighter with that compliment. Feeling his closeness to her, she had doubts of whether she was finally ready to move on or not. But she shook that thought away as she changed the topic with a joke before she almost fell again when she laughed.

Looking at the two people slowl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter