Best Friend

Tabisan Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beware of typos,

 

 

 

 

"Congratulations, Dara!"

 

Today was Dara's graduation day from her university. It was supposed to be a special day, where her families and close friends were having dinner together at the Park's. It was supposedly a memorable day for her.

 

But it wasn't.

 

Only because her boyfriend, Jiyong stood her up.

 

He promised me. He's still coming. Dara pressed inwardly. She took a glance at the wall clock and it was now getting late. The clock read 1:24am. She felt really unhappy that Jiyong's absence on their dates was increasing. Last time, she invited Jiyong. the said boy  refused, saying the he had to go somewhere important.

 

Somewhere important. More important than me. That pained Dara inexplicably.

 

"Maybe Jiyong really had important things to do right now. Sorry, Dara." Seunghyun said as he moved closer to where the said girl was seated. Looking all gloomy, with her chin rested on her palms on the dining table.

 

Something important than me, his girlfriend. Dara bitterly thought to herself. That was true, she treated Jiyong as someone extremely important in her life. But it saddened her that her boyfriend did not thought the same.

 

"Maybe, Seunghyun-ah. Don't be sorry, you don't have too. It's not your fault. Thanks for staying with me." Dara weakly said as she flashed the said boy a warm smile.

 

Seunghyun noticed Dara's indifference. Her smile wasn't her usual smile. It did not reached her eyes. Her eyes wasn't even crinkling and it looked really dull. She was unusually quiet the whole time. She used to be the mood-maker in the group, she mumbles a lot, nonsensically sometimes.

 

He could tell, because those were the things he loved about Dara. He loved her smiles, her warm and caring personality, her everything. Literally. She was perfect in Seunghyun's eyes. No one could beat her, for him. She's the best.

 

Dara's the best for me. But I'm just a friend to her and her boyfriend's bestfriend.

 

"Dont be too sad, Dara. Jiyong we'll make it up to you. i know he will. I'm his bestfriend remember, we thought the same." He lied to her. but he did not lie when he said they are the same, because they fell for Dara. Both of them. But one thing Seunghyun's sure of, he loved Dara more than Jiyong did.

 

"It's hard not too." Dara replied nonchalantly. She lowered her head and hid her face in her palms. Then, she shook her head as if the drop all her bad thoughts away, along with those sad thoughts of Jiyong. "Make me happy, Seunghyun-ah." She breathed out.

 

Make me happy, Seunghyun-ah.

 

Seunghyun did not know what she meant by that. He wanted to ask how, but he resigned to doing it. He knew it was a stupid question. And of course he wanted to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter