Pool Party II

Living with the dorks

 

Despite the small argument Soojin and Jaebum had earlier, the two of them didn't let it get in the way – mostly to not attract any unnecessary attention though. Soojin wasn't one to ruin an entire trip that was planned by so many people just because of her dislike for one of them. No way would she be the bad one in this. If Jaebum wanted to pick a fight so be it, but not in front of the others and not on every cost.

 

So, her and the six guys went into their respective changing and shower rooms, promising to meet up after ten minutes. Soojin was walking into the changing room for women and stripped out of her clothes there before she hopped under the shower, letting the luke-warm water run down her bare body. It was a nice feeling; soothing and calming after the useless bicker she had with her former friend. She was almost sad as she dressed into her favorite bikini – a dark red bikini top with white polka dots and shorts with the same muster and a little green line to resemble the top of a strawberry – and left the shower cubicle again. She remembered the day her mom bought this two-piece for her and Soojin couldn't have been happier then since strawberries were her favorite fruits out of all.

After she tied her hair into a messy bun and locked all her things securely into the locker, tying the little key around her wrist afterwards, she made her way outside only to see six s waiting near a small pool. The place should be busy since it was the end of the holidays which meant that most families usually want to spend the last free days together with their kids. However, apart from the boys she only saw a little kid running around and a man watching over her from the edge of a pool. With a small gulp she cleared and took a step closer to the guys but nobody prepared her for what she was about to see. Not the boys turning around and showing their glorious abs (how were they all so fit?!) bothered her, but the gaping and gawking eyes did. It almost seemed as if none of them had ever seen a girl in a bikini since they were all staring at her body – Jackson even moved his eyes up and down with his mouth wide open.

“Okay. How about you go back in and change in something else before these guys here drool over the ing place?” , her cousin Jinyoung muttered quietly after he was done with his own staring which was way more discrete and less obvious though. They were relatives, right?

“How about I kidnap Soojin for the rest of the day?” Jackson asked instead, his eyebrows wiggling suggestively as he rubbed his hands together and took a step closer towards Soojin. Not even a second later he received a smack from Jinyoung though and cursed at how hard the 'prude' - as he called him - hit him.

“Guys..”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

After everyone accepted the fact that Soojin was indeed looking good in her bikini and Jinyoung was almost blowing Jackson's head off for staring so hard, the seven of them decided to test the slides out first before they'd be too full or lazy later on. Soojin was okay with that and gleefully followed the boys to the slide area which consisted of a large black slide that was probably dark inside and went through the wall of the building, a smaller blue one that was shimmering like a rainbow inside, a huge but short yellow one for groups and a small pink baby slide.

Soojin couldn't even decide which one to take first but thankfully BamBam made that decision for her as he asked her to join him at the black one. He was smiling politely but she could see his toes wiggling in excitement which was also the reason she nodded and followed him to the metallic staircase.

“I hope you can swim.. not that we have one of thosedramatic accidents later where someone of us has to rescue you just like in those Dramas,” he chuckled in a light but teasing way as both of them waited on the steps, the little nobs that saved people from slipping tickling their feet.

“Actually, I can swim and am no damsel in distress. My bad, Kunpimook. Seems like you have to watch me drown another day.”

“Hey, I am impressed. You seriously remember? I swear to god the other guys needed days until they could pronounce it since, you know, Kunpimook just screams foreigner, right? People at the university probably will have trouble with it as well.”

 

Hearing the other speak like that kind of upset the usually cheerful girl. It was almost as if there was a kid standing in front of her, complaining about how none of the kids could recall his name and were only calling him a mean nickname. She decided to only call BamBam by his name now, not wanting to be one of those people that can't even remember a name as easy as Kunpimook. It might have been her experience with other cultures and languages, but the name really wasn't hard to pronounce for her and she didn't understand why other people couldn't even take the chance to learn it.

 

“Also, I wouldn't watch you drown, Soojin. I'd save you, of course!” Soojin smiled at that as she continued her way up the stairs since there was already a huge space between her and the next person. Kunpimook really had the aura of a young boy and if there wouldn't be those irritating muscles Soojin really would think of him as one.

 

“Of course I remember. It's not that hard and I'm sorry that other people seem to just.. ignore your real name? I am sure not everyone at the university will call you BamBam. Speaking of it, when did your parents move here?” She was curious about his relation to the other guys and how he met them. It was clear as the day to her that the boy was still young, probably starting his freshman year in the university now and even though she won't be in the same year as him, she could already picture herself hanging out with him during lunch break. However, she was curious as to when he moved here and if he would have troubles with the new institution. His words 'people at the uni will probably have trouble with his name as well' cleary showed that he is new to the Gangneung-Wonju National University as well.

 

He tapped his chin for a second before he took a step forward, the two of them now only a few meters away from the entrance of the slide. “Well, I was born in Thailand if that's what you're curious about, but some of my relatives live around here as well; Seoul to be exact. I often visited them during the summer and soon decided that I like Seoul way more than my own home in Thailand. So, after I met Yugyeom and Youngjae during a random chat on the internet 3 years ago, they asked me if I wanted to study here a few months ago. They knew of my situation at home and just wanted to help out I guess. You should know that my mom is a rather detached person and didn't really care if I stay with my relatives or not. The university that was close to my hometown wasn't really known for offering great courses aynway. There were none I was truly interested in and staying home wasn't really what I wanted either. Therefore I chose to stay in Seoul, but the university wasn't too impressed about my average results and rejected me. Long story short; I moved in with the guys after I finally found a university that took me in and told my relatives that it'd be better this way and that all students in Korea do this community thing. That might have been a lie, but here I am.”

Soojin was fairly impressed by what the male told her. He was still pretty young to move out of his parent's home – let alone move into another country. She could only imagine the independence and strength the younger one had to bring up in order for him to get along with everything here. She was going through quite a big change herself but it was nothing compared to what he seemed to be going through. Also, his parents obviously weren't as supportive as hers and somehow she felt really bad about digging around in his past like this even if it wasn't her intention in the first place. Soojin made sure to stick to Kunpimook though since he really seemed like a guy to hang out with; a guy that wouldn't make fun of her interests and ideas. She might not know him well yet, but she was fairly sure about his mindset.

“Now don't look at me like this. It's nothing big and sometimes I still miss home, but it gets better with every passing day.” With those words being said the male sat down in the slide, turning his head to grin widely at the girl behind him as if he didn't just share his whole life with her and pushed himself off to slide down in rather alarming speed. The boy really was excited and Soojin could only imagine the joy that today could bring to him since he was still this kid, forced to grow up faster than everyone else.

As she followed him down a few seconds later, she squealed in excitement. Just like she assumed earlier the slide was dark and even completely black at some point and without knowing in which direction the turns would go one could easily feel disorientated. It was still a lot of fun and the girl enjoyed the short but amazing ride, Kunpimook's yells echoing through the tube, Shaking from excitement and laughter she came out at the end, smiling up at an equally happy Kunpimook that hold his hand out for her to take.

“Come on, we still have three other slides to test out.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

 

So, I guess I'm still alive? I don't know what happened to this fanfiction and why I neglected it for so long but if there's anyone out there who's still reading this or maybe even stumbling across this right now - Enjoy! 

I will update this story once a week now - probably not fast enough for some readers, but I want to see if I even get some for this old piece of wannabe literature, haha. 

Leave a comment if you feel like it and subscribe to keep in touch with this small child of mine. 


Greetings, Taelihoki.