Laughs & Hugs

Living with the dorks

It took them a while until they arrived at the house in the middle of Wongju. The building was surprisingly neat and big so that Soojin had to ask herself how the boys could afford something like this. If most of them were her age, they'd still attend college and normally the small jobs one does next to it doesn't bring in enough to live in a place like this. But Soojin wasn't one to doubt people and their life; maybe one of the guys was extremely rich and simply suggested to move in a better place than the ones students normally live in. Therefore she didn't spend more time thinking about that and thought about the mere fact of living with so many people instead. Boys on top of that! While she was an adventurous girl and living with others already excited her, the thought about it being boys in their young adulthood didn't really appeal to her. Even if she magically knew one of them, as Jinyoung stated.

 

“It looks huge” was all she said as she moved to grab her luggage but Jackson already held two of her suitcases in his hands, a bright grin decorating his face. “It does, right? JB pays for most of it, though. Probably the only reason why we let that lazy live here.” With a flirty wink being sent her way, Jackson walked into the house and out of Soojin's sight. She still didn't know what to think of Jackson. His whole personality and attitude was flirty yet gentle. He didn't seem like someone who would cross the line too quick or not respect a girl, but someone who loves skinship.. and girls. There was probably not one girl who would be upset at a good-looking guy around her age liking her if he was as polite as Jackson, but Soojin still told herself to be careful of this guy. She just met him after all.

 

“Come on. Let me introduce to the other guys. At least the ones who are here already. Most of them are still on vacation.” Those words being said, Jinyoung motioned for his cousin to follow him into the building as well and with one last glance upwards Soojin obeyed his words. She was just passing through the entrance door and entering the corridor as she heard excited calls and shouts. Her suitcases were placed on the ground and the one who carried them earlier was now hugged tightly by a male she had never seen before. Her hands immidiately hold onto the straps of her backpack and she looked around, trying to seem as nonchalant and 'normal' as possible. No matter how much she prepared herself in the car earlier, standing in front of a total stranger that she'd live with for several months managed to shut her usually chatty mouth.

 

“BamBam, this is my cousin Soojin.” Just then she turned her head to face the male again. The end of his lips were curled up into a wide and honest smile, his whole face emitting a somewhat bright aura and she had to admit that he was pretty cute. He wasn't very tall and looked quite young but his face was handsome and his gaze passionate. The only thing that irritated her a bit was his name; or the names of the boys in general. With a bow and a quick “Nice to meet you” Soojin looked at her cousin again. He was obviously okay with the whole situation, no single worry or thought visible on his face – was he looking as calm as always.

 

“I don't mean to be rude but.. JR? JB? BamBam?” She raised one of her perfectly styled eyebrows and then allowed a small chuckle to escape . “It sounds as if you never escaped the claws of puperty, Jinyoung.” If she was honest, all that reminded her a lot of her childhood – the names, the gang, the fun and stressless times. It was like a time machine that sent her right back to where school or strangers weren't a hurdle and Soojin could surprise others with her outgoing and cheerful personality. Nowadays adults and teachers or professors want you to be all grown up and mature. If a person is too cheerful, they are childish. Soojin never understood why teenagers have to mature so quickly, didn't they have enough time for that later? The most interesting time of your life can't be over in just ten years.

 

“Well, you should remember JB, Jaebum hyung. We also called him that back then and since he somehow managed to become my best friend, we simply kept the gang names. For fun, I guess.” Soojin had to widen her eyes at that. She didn't even remember what Jaebum was like. He joined Get It a month before she was leaving and the only thing she remembered was Jinyoung assuming that she had a huge crush on him (which wasn't true) Jaebum was actually older than Jinyoung and Soojin, but since the two of them were the founders of Get It, JB always stepped down and said he acted like a ten year old anyway. The hierarchy of the gang wasn't really fierce anyway; most of the rules couldn't even be obeyed by Soojin herself.

 

“And BamBam got a cool name because nobody can remember Kunpimook Bhuwakul. Like seriously.”

 

“You obviously can, Oppa.” The laughter of Jackson and BamBam was heard, followed by the latter stating how he already liked Soojin because she was probably the only one to tame Jinyoung.

 

“Isn't she hilarious my future wife?” At that every head turned to look at Jackson with an equally surprised and (somewhat) disgusted look.

 

“Too much?”

 

“Definitely.” Jinyoung stated and just ordered the male to bring Soojin's luggage up to her room.
“You'll be sleeping in the room at the end of the corridor, right next to mine. So whenever something's wrong or anyone bothers you” he looked into the direction Jackson left “you can come in anytime.”

 

Soojin simply nodded and showed her gratitude with a small but sincere smile. Still somewhat awkward she asked if she could look around and once her cousin nodded and went off to talk about dinner with BamBam, she had the first calm moment to herself. The thought about the four others did never leave her mind and even as she stepped into the beautiful living room area all she could do was worry. One day she'd sit here with seven other guys, her cousin and six strangers.

 

 

The girl was amazed at how neat and tidy the whole room was. Like the open space that was illuminated by the sunlight streaming through the huge windows, the furniture was kept in light or even white tones as well. Nothing here seemed as if seven boys would spend their time here. What amazed her once again though was the technology in here. The TV, the gaming consoles – everything seemed so expensive and way out of the reach of students. But as Jackson mentioned earlier JB seemed to be rich now.

 

It was making it easier for her to accept the idea of living here. At least she wouldn't be faced with rooms full of clothes and dirt (- okay she might be a bit prejudiced here.) Her slender legs stepped up to the large windows and as she let her gaze roam around the city outside, the corners of her lips moved up into a wide and sincere smile. She liked the scenery she was greeted with; trees, bushes and a wide sky. Green and blue and nowhere a sight of grey or silver. It was almost as if the house was placed in the middle of a wonderland with the actually close by apartments and houses not being in eyesight.

 

“Do you want something to drink?” Her cousin stepped up to her a minute later and his strong arms were wrapped around her petite frame. Soojin sighed lightly and shook her head. She was fine – for now. “Let me make up for all the time I've been gone, hm? I promise the time here will be fun and you will never be alone again unless you want to be.” It was bittersweet. The way he spoke and promised such things and maybe it was exactly that that made Soojin realise how much she missed the boy behind her; her guardian, her best friend, her playmate – everything.

 

“Thank you.” The way she spoke in that hushed tone, barely audible, indicated that she was close to tears and so Jinyoung withdrew his arms slowly. He may have been away for a very long time but he still didn't forget how his little cousin works. He knew exactly when to leave her alone and when to say nothing. Soojin knew how sorry he was, that was everything that mattered for now.

“Dinner will be ready at six. You can explore the house for a bit and get comfortable with it before that. How about you pay your new room a visit? We carried everything we stored out of it and bought you a bed, a closet and a desk. We can go and shop for some more stuff once you need more.” Then he left and Soojin was left alone at the window again, staring outside with another small smile decorating her plump but pretty lips.

“It will be okay, Soo.”

 

She repeated those words in her head before she turned and made her way upstairs to find her room.