Chapter 3

Family Ties

Kai’s POV

“Where is our little sister?” Chanyeol asked as the 6 of us sat at our table. Suho Hyung just finished telling us what happened with him and Jiyoung.

“Who knows, probably charming one of the many men here” Sehun shrugged.

“As she gets older, it’s getting harder and harder to fight off all these boys” Kyungsoo said as we all agreed. Everybody knew how much we love and protected Jihae. Ever since I could remember any guy that got close to her, we had scared off well everyone except Tao. There wasn’t anything we could do to separate the two of them. I felt my phone vibrate as I pulled it out of my jacket. I smiled as I saw who was calling.

“Speaking of our beloved sister” I told my brothers as I showed them my phone. I answered it and before I could say a word, I heard her scream.

“Jihae?!” I shouted as I got up, my brothers doing the same “Jihae? Can you hear me?” Then it was cut off. “Hello?! Hello?!” I slammed the phone on the table.

“What’s going on?” Suho asked me as I looked at him.

“I think Jihae is in trouble” I told them. I quickly redialled her number but it went straight to voicemail.

“How do we find her?” Sehun asked.

“Let’s spread out” Suho said “Contact each other when we’ve found her” we nodded as we all left.

I looked around looking for a red dress but I couldn’t find her anywhere. I noticed that there were corners in this room; I don’t what compelled me to go towards the bar. As I walked there I noticed one of Jihae’s heels. I quickly ran to it as I heard Jihae’s voice.

“P-Please help me” I heard her whisper. I ran behind the bar and saw my sister and Park Dongwoo. I immediately pulled him up and punched him; he landed on the ground as I got on top of him and continued to attack his face.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” I yelled as I brought him to his feet and threw him across the bar, knocking down all the drinks. By now everyone’s attention was on us but I didn’t care as I picked him up again and continued to punch him.

“That’s my sister!” I said.

“S-stop” Dongwoo pleaded as he tried to hide his face.

“Oh so you know what that word means” I smirked as I kicked him.

“Then” punch “Why” punch “Didn’t you” punch “Stop” punch “When she asked you to!” I yelled as I felt somebody grab me. I turned to my right and saw Sehun.

“Let me go!” I screamed as I attempted to get closer to Dongwoo “That bastard needs to die!” Chanyeol grabbed my other arm.

“That’s enough” Chanyeol whispered.

“No!” I yelled “Do you know what he did to our sister!” I thrashed. “I’m going to kill him!”

By now the security team made their way to the scene as I heard Suho talk to them. “Clear everyone out except my family and Dongwoo” The men nodded as they quickly ushered everyone out of the room.

“You need to calm down” Suho faced me.

“H-He touched her” I said.

“I know but this isn’t right” Suho whispered. I looked up as I saw Dongwoo sitting against the wall with Kyungsoo by his side.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” I asked D.O as he held Dongwoo’s wrist.

“Making sure he’s alive” D.O said. You looked at Dongwoo and saw that his face was all cut up, blood staining his shirt. You smirked, that bastard deserved to die.

“No!” Jihae yelled as we all looked at her, my parents crouched down and attempted to grab her. “Don’t touch me!” She screamed. “P-please leave me alone!” she cried. That only made me angrier as I faced Dongwoo again, that bastard. Look at what he did to her. As I attempted to get to him again to finish him off, something stopped me.

“Kai” I heard her say my name “I-I need Kai” She cried as I shrugged off my brothers’ hands and walked towards Jihae. My parents moved aside as I carefully crouched down in front of her.

“Jihae” I called her name as she looked up at me. I could see her face red; I could see bruises forming all over her.

“K-Kai” She whimpered.

“Yeah baby” I smiled. “It’s me” I moved closer. “May I?” I asked her as I held out my hands, she nodded. I took her into my arms and she collapsed and cried.

“Kai” She cried “I was so scared”

“I know” I said as I caressed her head.

“You weren’t here. I couldn’t reach you” She whispered.

“I know and I am so sorry” This time it was me who was crying. “I’m sorry Jihae” her grip on me tightened as I continued to hold her.

“Kai” I heard someone call my name. It was Baekhyun Hyung.

“We need to take her to the hospital” I nodded.

“What happens to that bastard?” I asked.

“The police are coming, mom and dad are going to the station with our lawyer” He spoke as I nodded. “Did you need to see a doctor too?” He asked as he saw the blood that was on my shirt and hands.

“No, this is all his” I smirked. I turned back to my sister.

“We’re going to take you to the hospital” I whispered to her as I shook her head.

“I-I want to go home” She said.

“We have to get you checked out” I told her. She grabbed my hands and looked at me; you could see the fear in her eyes.

“I-I want to go home” She repeated. “P-Please I’m scared, Jongin” She cried again as I nodded.

“Okay, let’s go home” I pulled away, helping her stand up. I noticed that her dress was torn, that bastard. The bottom part of her dress was destroyed and the strap was broken, her undergarments were visible. I took off my jacket and placed it around her shaking body. I informed my brothers that we are going home. We walked to the car and I gently placed Jihae inside. Before Suho hopped in, I stopped him.

“Hyung, call our doctor and tell him to go to our house to check on Jihae” He nodded before I continued “And when we get Jihae settled, I want all information we can find on Park Dongwoo. I will destroy him” Suho sighed and nodded before all 6 of us hopped inside. In the car, my 5 brothers had to sit as far away as they could from Jihae as she screamed every time anyone was near her except for me. All 6 of eyes continued to look out the windows as we heard her cry. All of us feeling her pain. I should have never left her alone. It’s all my fault.

We arrived at the house and I quickly took Jihae in. My brothers followed behind us.

“Prepare a bath for Jihae” I heard Sehun say to one of our maids. “After that, I want everyone gone” He added as the maid nodded. The maid quickly went up to Jihae’s room to prepare her bath.

“Let’s go to your room, Jihae” I whispered as I led her upstairs. We made our way upstairs as I heard her whimper. “What hurts?” I asked her.

“My legs” She cried as I carried her bridal style and made our way to her room. When we got there, the maid was already gone and the bath was set. I placed her on the bathroom counter and gently removed my jacket.

“I’m going to remove your dress, okay?” I asked her as she nodded. She didn’t look at me; she simply stared at the wall ahead of her. I found some scissors and cut her dress open. I felt myself getting angry as I saw the bruises all over her body. He really beat her up. “I’m going to put you in the bath now” I told her as I lifted her once again and placed her in the warm water. She just sat there as I crouched down next to her.

“Why don’t you wash up first?” I smiled as I got up she grabbed my hand and stopped me.

“W-Where are you going?” She asked me as I looked at her.

“I’m just going to get you some clothes” I smiled as I kissed her forehead. “I’ll be right back” She reluctantly let go as I went towards her closet and searched for some clothes. As I picked out her clothes, I walked towards the bathroom and stopped when I heard her cry. I bit my lip as I felt her pain. She just kept crying.

I opened the door slowly and approached her; I placed the clothes beside her and crouched down again.

“I’ll be outside, waiting” I told her as I got up to give her some privacy. I walked out of her bedroom and sat in one of the couches that were in the waiting area, in front of our rooms.

“How is she?” Kyungsoo asked me as I looked at him and collapsed in his arms.

“Hyung” I cried as my brother hugged me. “She’s all messed up” I continued to cry. “It’s all my fault” I whispered.

“It’s not your fault” He whispered to me “It’s that Park Dongwoo” I pulled away. “Don’t you worry; he’s going to pay for what he did to her”

I nodded as the rest of our brothers walked up the stairs.

“The doctor is here” Chanyeol said.

“Where is she?” The doctor asked as I told him.

“She’s in her room” I stood up “Let me just check on her” I went inside her room and I found her sitting on her bed, staring towards the window.

“Hey” I smiled as she continued to stare out the window. “Someone is here to see you” She looked at me. “I’ll be right outside, okay?” I smiled as I opened the door and let the doctor in, I waited outside which proved to be a bad idea because the next thing I heard was her scream.

“NO!” She screamed “GET AWAY FROM ME!” All 6 of us went to her room; we found Jihae curled up in a corner and doctor in front of her with his hands up.

“I’m not going to hurt you” The doctor said. “I just want to make sure you’re okay, Jihae” He walked towards her again.

“NO!” She cried “P-Please leave me alone” She whimpered. “KAI!” She called my name. I walked towards the doctor and whispered.

“I think it’s best if you leave for now, Doc” I said as he nodded. He handed me some medicine.

“Give her some of this so she’ll fall asleep, she needs to rest right now” I nodded. “Then when she’s ready, call me again. I need to check on the bruises” He urged.

I thanked him as Kyungsoo Hyung walked him out. I placed the pills on her bedside table and made my way to her.

“Jihae” I called her name as she looked at me. “Let’s go to bed” I smiled as I took her in my arms and led her to her bed. I wrapped my arms around her. Sehun came in with a glass of water before walking out again.

I grabbed one of the pills and the glass of water. “You need to take this” I told her and she shook her head. “P-Please” I begged her.

She took the pill and popped it in before drinking some water. She placed her head on my chest as I patted her back. “Go sleep” I whispered.

“D-Don’t leave me” She cried as I nodded.

“I’ll be right here” I told her as she nodded and waited for her to fall asleep. After a few minutes she was asleep, I guess the pill worked. I carefully removed my arms from her and gently left her bed. I placed a blanket over her body but not before seeing her bruises again. I kissed her forehead and crouched down next to her bed. “He’s going to pay for this” I whispered as I got up and walked out. I closed the door and leaned against it. I touched the door one last time before heading downstairs. I needed to talk to my brothers. I found my brothers in our kitchen, sitting around a bench top.

“How is she?” Suho Hyung asked me.

“She’s sleeping now, the doctor gave her some medicine” They nodded.

“How about-” It was Chanyeol who asked.

I grabbed a bottle of water and drank it before speaking. “She has bruises all over her body and her cheeks are red, it looked like he slapped her”

“That bastard” Sehun said.

“Kai, your hands are torn up” D.O Hyung said as he grabbed a first aid kit and made me sit down. I flinched as I felt a sting. Hyung cleaned my wounds as I looked at my brothers.

“What do we do now?” I asked Suho Hyung.

He sighed. “I don’t know”

“We destroy him, of course” Sehun spoke.

“Sehun, this isn’t like our business” Suho reminded the maknae. “We have to do this the proper way”

“Proper way?” I said. “He Jihae!” I yelled.

“You don’t know that” Baekhyun said. “We have to wait for Jihae”

“Either way, Dongwoo is dead” I said.

“No” Chanyeol spoke “As much as I want to kill that bastard, Suho Hyung is right we have to do this the right way” He smirked “And we will”

I looked at him as he chuckled “He messed with the wrong family”

“His family had a few deals in the works with us and now that he did this, they can kiss all that goodbye” Baekhyun added.

“So what you’re saying is-“Sehun started.

“We are going to destroy him and his family business” Suho smiled.

“I don’t think Mom and Dad will approve” I frowned.

It was D.O who laughed “Who do you think gave us the idea?” He smirked as I looked at him. “Dad wants nothing to do with Park Industries and I’m sure after the news come out about this, all their shareholders will feel the same”

“Dongwoo just destroyed his name and his family, all on his own” Suho smirked.

Shortly after our parents got home, they immediately asked how Jihae was doing and I informed them. They insisted on checking up on her but I told them it wasn’t a good idea right now, they sighed as they nodded.

“What happens now to Dongwoo?” Sehun asked them.

“He’s been arrested” Dad said. “I’m meeting his father tomorrow to end all ties with his company”

“Don’t you think that’s a bit harsh?” My mom asked, always the peace maker.

“That’s nothing compared to what he did to our daughter” My dad said. “I hope he rots in jail” I nodded, agreeing with him. My mother sighed and agreed.

“Boys” My mom started to speak “I would love to stay and look after Jihae but your father and I have an important business meeting in China” She frowned. “We leave in a few hours and-“Suho Hyung interrupted her.

“Don’t worry about her; we’ll take care of her” Suho assured her as mom broke down and cried.

“Oh my poor baby” she cried as my dad hugged her. He took her to their bedroom and once again we were left alone. We all decided we needed rest too so everybody headed to their own rooms. I was scared for tomorrow, I was scared for Jihae. Did I want to know what happened to her?

 

Your POV

I felt his kisses on my neck as he caressed my thigh. I could feel his breathe in my ear as he continued to kiss me.

“No one can save you now Jihae” He smiled as he ripped my dress.

“NO!” I screamed as I began to thrash around trying to escape.

“Jihae!” I heard my name “Jihae, wake up!” I opened my eyes as I sat up. I cried as I felt Kai’s arm around me. “It’s okay, you’re safe now” He whispered as I continued to cry.

“D-Dongwoo he-“I started to say before he stopped me.

“I know” He said as he comforted me. He pulled away and smiled it was then that I noticed that my other 5 brothers were in the room too, I looked at my floor and noticed sleeping bags.

“We were going to sleep in our rooms but then we didn’t want you to be alone” It was Baekhyun Oppa who spoke “Sleepover party!” He joked as he smiled but you could still see the sadness in his eyes.

“B-Baekhyun Oppa” You cried as Kai stepped aside. Baekhyun slowly made his way towards me. He sat in front of me.

“C-Can I hug you?” He asked as I nodded. He slowly put his arms around me, when he hugged me, I cried again.

“O-Oppa” I cried.

“Sssh” He whispered “It’s alright, we’re all here” He assured me as I continued to cry. Soon all 6 of them took turns slowly in hugging me. I would still flinch when they suddenly touched me but I knew it was my brothers and they weren’t going to hurt me.

“Are you hungry?” Sehun asked as I nodded. “Let’s go eat then, Kyungsoo made breakfast”

“What about the maids?” I asked

“We told them not to come in today” Suho smiled as you started to get up, wincing as you moved. You passed a mirror and stopped and stared at yourself. You lifted your shirt and saw the bruises the covered your body. Before you could look any further, Kai led you to the kitchen.

It was silent as you all ate. Nobody wanted to ask afraid of how you might react but they all wanted to know what happened.

“Where are mom and dad?” I asked my brothers.

“China” Chanyeol said. “They’ll be back in a few days”

I nodded. I put down my fork and looked at them. “That was some party, huh” I smiled as they all frowned.

“Stop it” Sehun spoke.

“Jihae, what happened?” Kai asked as they all looked at me. But before I could tell them what happened, the doorbell rang. Sehun got up and opened the door.

“Where is Jihae” I heard someone say and then the next thing I knew, I heard Sehun yelling at the intruder. The guest found me and my brothers and stopped at the door and looked at me. I gasped as I stood up.

“W-What are you doing here?”