Jongin/Kai (honestly I dont know what to title)

Hiding Inside Myself

Kim Jongin! Naeun shout that name in her mind. She closed her eyes. Kim Jongin, called Kai to his family and friends but not to her. She did not even call him Kai, Jongin. That's what she calll him. The eldest son of my stepfather.

Is it really a long time that she did not almost remember his face? Or maybe she was just tired and depressed because her grandfather died and did not recognize him in the cemetery? Seven years and he is right, there's nothing changed about him since she met him when she is still seventeen years old.

The same arrogance was still very obvious in his tone and aura. The seven years past gave him more character. His dark features became prominent. That dark brown eyes who stab deeply into your bones.

"Finally, you remember. Thanks for that". He said sarcastically, and Naeun knew that. Nothing new, she is used to that tone seven years ago.

Naeun tried herself to walk properly eventhough her knees is shaking, she open the chest cabinet and took a pack of cigarrete and a lighter. Luckily he can only see her back, if not he will see how her hands tremble.

"So you still smoke,". He said while shooking his head and chuckle. His face showed annoyance and disgust.

"How can you maintain your white smooth skin when the first time I knew you you are already smoking?".

"You dont know me, Kim Jongin!". She said coldy. "Less than five months we been together."  She wont tell him that one of the friend who came in funeral left that cigarette. And he wont tell him that she  dont really smoke. She just want him to think she is because the last time she saw him is when he is surrounded by smoking women int the party. And she knows, he wont believe her.

She had a huge crush to him the first time they were introduced in the airport.

Jongin gritted his teeth." Maybe, I don't know you. Anyway, accept my condolence for your grandfather's death,Naeun. I came here this morning but nobody's around. The neighbors told me your on the way to send your grandfather to the  cemetery, they told me where is it and I followed you there. I was there the whole time, I'm just giving you more time to grieve before I come near. I scared you, didn't I?".

"I-i dont talk to..to...strangers..."She stummer. She avoid his gaze. Tried to smoke, even if she dont want too.

"I'm glad you have that sense. But I am no stranger, Naeun. You are my stepsister!".

"I'm the son of your mother's second husband. I'm reminding you since you forgot....." He insisted.

Naeun heaved a deep sight, did'nt he know the truth? She thought. I guess not. She thought again. She faced him again.

"What are you doing here,Jongin? Surely, not just because you are the son of Jessica's husband?".

Jongin look at her seriously and stare at her for awhile,that she avoid it when she feel ackward.

"I'm taking you back home, Son Naeun," He said with authority.

Naeun turned to him aggresively." What?!".

 

"The first reason why I came here is to ask you to have a vacation just a few weeks," Jongin said not minding her shock." But now I know your grandfather is dead, I decided to bring you back there."

"You must be out of your mind,Jongin!". She said." What are you talking about? I live here and not in jeju!".

"Jessica is there,Naeun. Your mother. You should not forget that."

"To tell you frankly, I already forgot. And dont't remind me,I dont want to remember. There's no reason to remember. As of four days ago, I'am now alone," She said seriously. "It's already long time since mm....mo...Jessica had a daughter and I also forget it already---.

"She emailed you but you never answered."

"Email...." She gape and look at Jongin.."Did she tell you that?".

"Yes," he said." She also said that you never reply not even one,".

"And you believe that?".

"Why would I not believe it? You are Jessica's daughter. She loves you and she is worried about you."

Naeun frozed for a moment but after awhile she laughed so hard that made Jongin furrowed his brow.

"Stop it,Naeun!".

She already crying because of laughing so hard. Jongin came near her and grab her shoulders.

"I said, stop!".

Naeun shoved his hands away." Your a bigger fool than I thought, Kim Jongin," She stop laughing and wiped her tears away. " She let you believe that she emailed me and you really believe that? For seven years, Jessica forget my existence! A few months when I came back here I  emailed her but she never replied not even once I even called her, but she told me to never call her again. She twist the situation. And I don't care if you believe me or not. Just leave me alone!". She feel the chest cabinet and leaned on it. If not, she might collapsed.

Jongin stood there long and looking at her, he seems to figuring out if she is telling the truth. He sighed deeply.

"My father is dead,Naeun...." He said sadly and gritted his teeth. The sadness vanished in a second." He died five weeks ago."

Kim Donghae is dead! Naeun thought.

"As I'ved said earlier I sent you an email," Jongin said.

She dont know because she dont want to read her mails from the ranch. She dont want to communicate with them already.

"Condolence." She said but not sincerely." We just the same with Jessica now".

"She just out from the hospital a week ago. She's in shock...."

She shrugg her shoulders." Knowing your financial status, you can afford the best doctors."

Jongin did not listen to her." Six weeks ago my father's friend cameback from ________. Jessica is with them when they go to visit a friend in _______(not in jeju,a place far away not also in seoul,maybe a deserted island. I just mad this place but I made it no name,just imagine lah;)

They were ambush by two armed men. They killed my father and his friend and they died on the spot...."

"Oh!". After all, Naeun cannot help but to worry". I'm....sorry. Je..je...my mom, what h-happened to her?".

Jongin paused, for awhile. Put his two hands in his pocket, look at the ceiling and let out a deep sighed.

"H-how did Mom, survived,Jongin?". She asked again, at that time she forgot the hatred she had with Jessica.

"I really hate to tell you this,Naeun. But I know you will know it eventually....they did not shoot Jessica, but she was......." That word almost not let out in his mouth. Naeun saw him gritted his teeth because of anger.

"Oh!".  She said and hold on to the cabinet for support. Her body is trembling. Jongin quickly came to her and help her sit down in the couch.

"Your pale. Wait I'll go get you a glass of water." He hurriedly go to the kitchen and get water. He is worried.

Naeun is leaning in the armrest of the couch and close her eyes. Theres a tears running down her cheeks.

"Drink this, Naeun." Jongin put the glass into . Naeun open her eyes and drink and closed it again when she is done..

"I'm sorry..." Jongin said when he still notice her trembling, he touch Naeun's cheeck and wipe away the tears. "I don't want you to know it from me. And it's even your grandfathers funeral," He said in a soft voice that made Naeun calm herself because of his gentleness.

She really wanted to sream, her grandfather, her mother...eventhough seven years of forgetting her,she is still her mother no matter what she say. What ever bad happened between then she cannot still not feel pity and shock for what she's been through.

She opened her eyes when she feel his hands carressed her back softly,trying to comfort her. There's a small tingling feeling in her chest. She was seventeen when she first met him. And she had a huge crush on this rude son of her stepfather. Not even once he shows gentleness to her. Only now and it's new to her.

 

 

 

 

To be continued.........

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello,guys...am sorry if this chap.is short. Im too sleepy to continue, but this scene is not yet finish,theres still more for it.. but I'll update next time..am just really sleepy already...good night.^_^