Never should have

Exs Can still be friends.. right?

5 months later.

Jinki didn’t know how he ended up over at the younger man’s place, or why his lips were pressed against his, or how he managed to allow himself to allow the younger man to carry him into his bedroom to crawl on top of him.

 

The last thing he remembered was coming home to get ready for his date with Luna to find the girl sitting on his doorstep.  She broke up with him, saying she was moving to Italy to be with her brother. She told him that she loved him, but that she felt something was missing between them, like maybe she just wasn’t the one he really wanted.

 

They had been together for 8 months and Jinki didn’t know what to do, but he found himself a broken mess on Minho’s doorstep not even 30 minutes later asking if he could come in as he hiccupped. One moment the younger man was just wrapping his arms around him saying it was okay, and the next moment he himself was pressing his lips against the younger man’s. He didn’t know, or understand, how it escalated from pushing the man away saying that this was wrong, and then allowing him to press himself against him, pushing him into the couch.

 

When Jinki woke up the next morning his head was pounding. He tried to move but the warm arm tight around his waist prevented him from doing so. At first he thought maybe he really didn’t know the other man beside him, but then the man hummed, mumbled something and scooted closer, and he knew that mumble.

 

He cursed himself. Not just for allowing this to happen, but for how his heart was warm and fuzzy as the younger man nuzzled against him. His heart was telling him that this was right, that if felt so amazing that it had to be, but his mind was telling him that this should have never happened. Minho had hurt him, and therefore shouldn’t be allowed to have the part of him that used to be only his; that he shouldn’t get that back after throwing it all away just like he did him.

 

His body wanted him to stay in that warm bed with Minho curled up against him, but he knew he shouldn’t be here; that he shouldn’t have allowed this to happen. Jinki gently lifted the man’s arm and gently, but quickly, got up from the bed. He found his clothes, got dressed, and left a note on the bedside table. He took one last look at the younger man, his beautiful face that still made his heart ache most of the time, and softly pressed his lips against the man’s smooth cheek. Minho muttered something and turned, and Jinki sadly smiled before walking out and closing the bedroom door behind him.

 

He never should have let that happen, the or the opening of his heart to the younger man, but then again, he should of let go of Minho a long time go.