Luna meeting the family

Exs Can still be friends.. right?

For the next couple months Jinki and Luna got really close. Going on dates, and laughing, or just staying home at one of their places softly talking over a glass of wine. More often than not it was over the woman's house, or down in the shop, because Jinki couldn't sit there on the couch and do what he did with Minho so many times before.

 

Luna was sitting between his legs, leaning back against him with her head underneath his chin with a book open on her legs. It was the first book in one of Jinki's favorite book series, and he didn't have the heart to tell her that he wasn't really reading it along with her. It was just too familiar to what him and Minho did almost every night of their relationship.

 

Jinki chuckled when the woman's feet wiggled against his leg. "What are you doing?" 

 

Luna folded the edge of the page and pushed the book over onto the table. She looked back at him, softly smiling as she rose her hand to touch his now sandy blond fringe. "My foot itched."

 

"And you decided to use my calf?" Jinki asked with a laugh.

 

Luna shrugged, before leaning harder against the man. "I was thinking, maybe we could go to dinner sometime."

 

"We go to dinner every Sunday night after I close the shop."

 

"No.. I mean with your friends." She said slowly. She sighed and turned towards him, sitting on her heels and taking his hands into her own. "I want to meet Minho, the best friend you never can stop talking about. And I want to meet your brother Taemin and his boyfriend Jonghyun."

 

"So you want to have dinner with my family?" She nodded. He gave her a soft hesitant smile, "Alright. Is Thursday night okay for you?" 

 

She smiled widely and pulled him into a hug. "It's perfect!" 

 

He hugged her back, but how was he supposed to tell her he hadn't seen Minho in over 2 months? 


                                                                                   xoxox

​almost 2 years ago


When the bed dipped with the added weight Jinki didn't even bother to look up. He knew who it was, and he knew what was coming. He lifted his arms, and uncrossed his legs, and a moment later Minho was crawling under them and sitting comfortably between his legs. Jinki smiled softly as the man leans back against him. Minho looked up at him, before placing a kiss on the underside of his jaw with a smile. 

 

"What are we reading tonight?" Minho asked quietly as he wiggled slightly to get more comfortable. 

 

"The Wizard's First Rule." Jinki replied as he held the book off to the side with his finger holding the page. He looked at the slight scowl on his boyfriends face as the man tried to reach for the blanket and bring it over them both, but without success. Jinki chuckled slightly, because Minho was just too adorable sometimes, and reached with his free hand to help the man pull the blanket up. Once done he kissed the man's cheek and smiled. "There. Is my Baby warm now?"

 

"Mmm.. yes." Minho mumbled as he brought the blanket up to his chin. "Now read." 

 

Jinki just smiled and wrapped his arms around the man. He opened the book, using Minho's bent legs as a place to set it, and he placed his chin on the man's shoulder. "You know, you smell really good."

 

Minho giggled before saying in a soft, tired voice. "Only for you."

 

Jinki kissed his shoulder, a small loving gester that he hoped showed the man how close he held him to his heart. He then began to read, loving how Minho's breathing was soft, and how the man leaned his forehead against his cheek as he read. Even though the younger man's eyes were closed, Jinki knew he was still awake. He was just closing his eyes to see the images the older man was reading to him, to take in Jinki's beautiful voice that was softly speaking against his skin. 

 

After the nightly 2 chapters were done Jinki placed the book onto the bedside table, and wrapped both arms around the man between his thighs. Minho softly gasped as he was hugged tightly, not expecting it at all, before giggling as Jinki's soft hot breaths tickled the back of his neck when the man whispered, "I love you."

 

Minho laid his arms on top of the man's and squeezed them softly as he pressed his head back agaisnt the man's shoulder to get a kiss on the temple. "I love you too." 


                                                                          xoxox 


  Minho was sitting in his apartment, staring blankly at the ceiling when he got the call. He pay no mind to his phone though, because it probably wasn't anything important. He shrugged and pushed off the couch. He wasn't necessarily upset that he had Jinki weren't together, not anymore. He knew he had ruined that a long time ago, almost a year now, but it was just the point that he knew he ruined even more than that months ago when they went way too far.

 

 He pulled open his fridge, and almost slammed the door close when there was nothing in there. He sighed and slid down the front of it, and hung his head in his hands as he pulled his knees toward him. He didn't know what he expected when he opened the door, maybe it was always the full fridge from Jinki's love of food or all the little tiny love notes left for him on the containers when the man was working, but that didn't stop it from hurting.

 

If he was honest with himself, and Jinki, he knew why his ex left him. For when they finally had done it it wasn't her name he called out. He hadn't meant to, because Jinki had been the last thing on his mind even though he always was present somewhere in his head, but as he near his peak he couldn't stop the name sliding across his lips. It was almost too quiet, that Krystal almost hadn't heard and when they stopped and went to sleep she acted like she hadn't. But the next day she was gone, and Minho had know it was because of that.

 

Maybe that was why Jinki had been the first person he had went to. Maybe that was why he had found himself rushing over to the older man's shop, using the key that he still had to the shop to get up to him, and maybe that was why when given the oppertunity he reached for the man he had been calling for the night before.

 

He growled, hating the way he had left his life go, because yea Jinki still texted him all the time asking how he was doing, and he still sent over a new book every week for him to read, but he hadn't seen the man in person or heard his voice since he left the man's shop after eating pizza that day after. He knew he was a lucky son of a to still have Jinki in his life in some way, because he knew that not every one would forgive like he had, but Minho knew he kept messing up and that he didn't deserve to have someone like the older man in his life.

 

He had taken the man for granted when he had his everything, and he swore he wouldn't take the man for granted anymore. Jinki didn't deserve that, and he sure as hell hadn't deserve to be used like he was months ago. 

 

When the phone rang again he sighed and pushed off the floor. He didn't even look at the caller id, because he really couldn't care less about who it was.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Uh.. Hey Minho."

 

Minho took a deep breath. "Hey Jinki." 

 

                                                                                 xoxox


2 months after breaking up


Jinki pushed off the bed, his side because he could never sleep on the other side, and sighed. 2 months. Was that how long it's been? Had it been that long since he had seen the face he used to see every morning he woke up and every night he went to sleep? 2 months since he had held Minho and told him he loved him... 2 months since walking in on him kissing another man. 

 

He took a sharp intake a breath and shook his head. He was tired. Tired of the pain and tired of missing the man. It wasn't just all the things that went with their relationship, but just having the man in his life some how. 

 

As he walked into his living room he heard someone coming up the stairs, and unlocking the door to walk into his apartment. He knew who it was. Only 3 people had a key, and one knew to not show up here. Taemin and Jonghyun were coming to make sure he was okay. He gave his brother and the slightly younger man a small smile, trying really hard to show that he was okay, but he knew it wouldn't work. It never did. 

 

As he looked at the two men, one family by blood and the other by love, he didn't know what he was going to do, but he knew he needed the final piece of his family back. Not in the way that he was, but still apart of it. Minho was his family, always had been, since they were friends months before they were together. This didn't feel right without the other man present.

 

So he sat on his stool, leaning on the kitchen counter as his brother moved to look in the fridge. Taemin sighed, because there is always food in his older brothers fridge and now it's completely bare. Mainly because all the man did was wake up, go to work and come up here to wallow in his misery until either Jonghyun or Taemin came with food.

 

"You need to get up Jinki." 

 

He blinked up at his younger brother, and shrugged. "Why?"

 

"Because this, all this, isn't the Jinki we both love." Jonghyun answered as he pushed over the plate of food he had made for the man.

 

Jinki sighed as he pulled out his phone, typing in a text to a number he had ignored for the 2 months no matter how many times the other person tried to contact him, and bit his lip before looking up at them. "I've decided that I forgive him."

 

"And who was that text to?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"Minho." The other two men shared a look, before both going into agruements on why that was a totally bad idea. "Shut up!"

 

"But Jinki..." They both started but Jinki just shook his head.

 

"No. Just no okay." He pushed the plate away from him and looked at them both. "I need him okay? I need him in my life. He's the cause of the pain and the cure. So please stop standing there judging me, or you can leave." 

 

When the man's phone buzzed both Taemin and Jonghyun lunged for it, because they both wanted to put an end to this. Minho was bad for Jinki, and they couldn't allow him to hurt the man more. Though Jinki was closer, and faster, and he had answered the phone and locked himself in his bathroom before either of the two other men could catch him.

 

He heard the soft unsure, "Jinki?" On the other line, and that deep voice almost made him cry, but he in a breath and calmed down enough to hide how he was feeling. "This isn't some prank is it?"

 

After a moment Jinki answered slowly. "No. It isn't Minho. It's me." 

 

"Jinx. Oh my god." Minho breathed out, and Jinki found a soft smile forming on his lips. It was small, and it was gone as quick as it came but it was there. 

 

"I know it's been forever, and everything, but would you like to just go get pizza or something? Catch up?"

 

"What... what are you asking me Jinki?"

 

"I'm asking you to be my friend Minho." He answered softly, honestly. "I'm offering you forgiveness and friendship." 

 

After a moment the younger man answered, and Jinki could hear the emotion in his voice. "Okay Jinki... Louis's at 4?" 

 

"That's perfect. Goodbye. See you then Minho." 

 

Before he could hang up though he heard Minho whisper. "I'm sorry." 

 

He knew that the man probably thought he hadn't heard, but he did know when he heard Jinki say, "I know." Then the call was ended. 


                                                                                     xoxox


 Getting Taemin and Jonghyun on the same street, let along the same table, as the other man was almost like getting a tooth pulled, but he managed to get it. The two only agreeing because they were really curious to meet Jinki's knew girlfriend of almost 4 months. 

 

Taemin smiled, hugging the woman tightly. "You are far too pretty to be with my lug of a brother."

 

She blushed. "I'm guessing you're Taemin?" The man nodded. "I've been told you make the best chocalote in the city."

 

Taemin nervously laughed. "I doubt that, but Jinki is a little biased." 

 

Both of them looked at the man that was standing a little ways behind them, before Taemin lead Luna over to where Jonghyun was already sitting. As Jinki followed behind them he heard his name being softly called behind him, and a hand was felt touching his arm. He turned to see Minho, his big dark eyes and hair blown around his head. 

 

"I'm glad you could make it." Jinki said softly as he rubbed his neck nervously. 

 

Minho eyed the table, and the girl, "Is that Luna?" Jinki nodded, "She's pretty."

 

"I uh, look I'm sorry about not seeing you these last couple months. Please don't think it had anything to do with that night." Minho almost couldn't think of a reply, because leave it to Jinki to bring something that big up right before he's about to meet his new girlfriend. 

 

"Yea.. It's okay." Minho his lips and motioned toward the table. "Let's go. I'd like to meet the girl who's taken your heart."

 

He felt Minho's hand on his back, and to most it just seemed like a friendly gester leading him to the table, but Jinki's throat was suddenly not working and his mouth was dry. He forced himself to pay no mind to it, and smile as he slid in next to his girlfriend, but it fell a little when Minho slid in right after him. Though he couldn't blame the man, because hell, he wouldn't want to sit next to the other two men if they were giving him those nasty looks.

 

Luna leaned over him, smiling at the last person at the table, offering her hand. "Hi, I'm Luna. You must be Minho. Jinki's told me so much about you."

 

Instead of shaking it, Minho slowly kissed her knuckles and smiled. "Well I hope to learn much more about you in the incoming future Luna." 

 

Jinki took a deep breath and looked at the menu, trying very hard to ignore Minho's hand that was laying on his thigh. It wasn't ual, no it couldn't be, because no one noticed it at all, and the younger man wasn't acting like it was. They were aweful close together because of the booth, because Jinki didn't want to squish Luna against the wall. He glanced over at the man and Minho gave him a smile when he noticed the look.

 

"So what do you do Luna?" Jonghyun asked after the drinks were ordered.

 

She smiled and leaned against Jinki's shoulder, holding his hand under the table. "I own a bar downtown."

 

"Really? Something as pretty as you?" She blushed slightly, and Minho forced himself to look at anything but at the look Jinki was giving her. 

 

"Yea. It was my older brother's before he moved to Italy with his wife." When the drinks were brought, Jinki held the straw up to her lips. Taemin glanced over at Minho, because even if he hated the guy he knew this had to be hell for him too. 


                                                                                     xoxox

Everything went okay, they even went out bowling after dinner. Jinki hadn't minded it, because he liked being out and he hadn't with all the other men in some time, but when he saw Luna and Minho softly talking over at the bar he began to worry. She doesn't know how Minho was his ex, or how the night before he met her he had relapsed back into his arms. She didn't know he was bi, and she didn't know the history he had with the man. Honestly he had no idea what the man was saying to his girlfriend, but whatever it was it worried him to no end. 

 

"I'm sure they are talking about embarrassing stories about you. Stop worrying." Jonghyun stated softly after noticing how spaced out the man was.

 

"Huh?" 

 

Jonghyun laughed them, clasping the man's shoulder and walking away to do his turn. A moment later Luna and Minho walked back carrying the drinks, and both smiled at him. He walked over to them, nervous that Luna now knew something he didn't really want her to know just yet, but all she did was softly kiss his cheek and hand him his beer. 

 

"Minho was telling me about how you tried to use your blender and splattered fruit juice all over yourself." She giggled behind her hand, and Minho didn't even try to hide his amused smile. 

 

"Was he now?" Jinki asked as he looked over at the man.

 

"Yep. And I have a lot more." Minho said with a pleased smirk.

 

The older man just snorted and threw a chip at the man's head. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. 

                                                                       

                                                                                             xoxox

​Sometime in the past

 

When he heard the gasp and the curse Minho just thought that maybe Jinki had put too much of something in one of his dishes again, but when he walked into the kitchen what he saw was really not what he was expecting. The older man was sitting by the counter, covered in fruit bits and juice. He turned when he heard the younger man laughing and he scowled. 

 

"What are you laughing at?" 

 

"Did you forget to use the lid again Baby?" 

 

Jinki grumbled, pushing his hair out of his face that was now drenched in juice. "Shut up okay. I'm not in the mood." 

 

"Aww come on Jinx. I'm just messing with you."

 

"I just took a shower okay and all I wanted was a strawberry smoothie but noooo I can't seem to get what I want." Jinki cursed and slammed the spoon he was holding into the nearby sink. He then sighed and leaned against the counter with his shoulder slumped. Minho frowned slightly and walked over to him, bring the man into a hug. "No stop! I'm getting you sticky."

 

Minho just smiled softly and kissed the man. "I don't mind sticky." He then moved to the bit of strawberry that was on the man's cheek, down his neck and the drop of juice that was about to drip off his chin. The older man softly moaned, breathy and quiet. 

 

"Stop it. I have to clean up." He hissed.

 

Minho did stop, just long enough to whisper against his lips, "Don't need to when you have me.", before giving the man's adams apple a gentle . He hummed, "I like this. Maybe even more than the whip cream." 

 

"." Jinki cursed, because he knew as soon as he placed his hands on the man's and pulled him in closer that the man was going to end up being ed against the counter. 

 

"Come on Baby, let me get you into a better mood." Minho slurred against his ear before giving the lobe a slow tauntly .

 

Jinki growled and lifted the man against the counter. "Too late." 

 

Yea, Minho really loved strawberry smoothies.

                                                                                   xoxox

​uh yea. here. Hope it's not too bad.. and yeaaaaaaaaa