Jonghyun Judgement and Luna

Exs Can still be friends.. right?

Jinki looked up when the bell rung on the door, and he gave a sigh of relief when he saw Jonghyun. He needed Jonghyun more than anything right now, because he was the only one that he could really talk to. He knew everything that happened, hell he was there through it all to help the older man through it, and even if he didn't say a single thing about what happened a day ago the man's presence made him feel better. 

 

Jonghyun rose the bag that was in his hand with a smile. "I brought some chocolate. Taemin went a little overboard." 

 

"How is my little brother?" Jinki asked as he opened up the container.

 

"Loving that little shop you helped him open." Jonghyun gave a soft smile as he leaned against the counter on his elbows. "You should actually go see it. He'd love to see you."

 

Jinki took a bite of the chocolate, humming as it started to melt on his tongue. "It goes both ways. It's not like my shop has moved in the last 4 months."

 

The younger man just shook his head. "He doesn't want to come over here and run into Minho."  

 

Jinki rose an eyebrow. "What's he got against Minho?" 

 

Jonghyun just looked at him as he tapped his fingers against the counter. Jinki wanted to shrink into himself, away from that gaze, because he knew that the younger man had a way of seeing right through him. Taemin was the same way, ever since they were kids and he had to take care of him after their father walked out on them, so maybe the two of them shared more than a life together. After a moment the man's eyes widened and he took a step back. "You slept with him."

 

The piece of dark chocolate that was being placed on his tongue was held against his lip when his hand froze momentarily, but he shook it off and continued to eat like nothing happened. "Slept with who again?"

 

"Don't play that with me Jinki." The older man gulped. "What the hell were you thinking? Are you two back together or something?"

 

Jinki looked down, away from the piercing gaze, and shook his head. "It was a moment of weakness. It's not going to happen again." 

 

"Awe come on Jinx."

 

Jinki looked up and glared at him. "What does it matter to you who the hell I sleep with?"

 

"I care for you okay? I was there remember? I peeled you off the ing floor, so don't tell me that it doesn't matter. I hated it when you forgave him and became friends with him. I hate it that you still are so close to him, and I hate it how you allow him to get to you. I know you love him, so you can't tell me differently. There is a reason you haven't even looked at another person the way you look at him in 6 months. Sleeping him was stupid Jinki and you know it."

 

 Jinki sighed and pressed the palm of his hands forcefully against his eyes as he leaned on the counter. "I don't know what to do Jonghyun."

 

Jonghyun reached over and placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Move on. Throw that damn chair away, and every thing that you still have of his or give it to him. He cheated on you Jinki, and I agree that he should be forgiven because every one deserves it, but you've taken forgiveness way too far."

 

"It's not like we got back together."

 

"And you don't think that the idea what you could want to hasn't crossed his mind? You let him in, to a part of you that was shut off completely because of his own actions. You just gave him every single sign of forgiveness he needed." 

 

Jinki gave a short laugh. "He doesn't want me Jonghyun. If he did he wouldn't have cheated." The bell ringed and both men looked over that the door to see a pretty woman walking in. "Now if you are done calling me stupid like you know I already feel I got a customer to help." 

 

Jonghyun sighed and watched the man go over to the woman. He was all smiles and laughter, and the woman seemed to appreciate it. Jinki went to help her find the book she was looking for, and the younger man just shook his head.  He then walked out of the door, and Jinki didn't even look up when the bell rung signaling his departure. 

 

"I'm Luna by the way." 

 

Jinki smiled as he placed a hand on his chest. "Jinki." 

 

"You don't seem like the type of guy to own a shop like this." Her eyes flicked up at him before quickly looking back at the book in her hand.

 

Jinki just smiled, because he had heard that line once before. "I've been told. Apparently I'm too young to love really old books."

 

"You're just too attractive." Luna blurted out before realizing what she said and clasping a hand over .

 

Jinki's eyes crinkled as he smiled. "Thank you. You're very pretty too might I add." 

 

Luna blushed, and Jinki had to admit that he was being to enjoy that soft red color on her cheeks.


                                                                                                                                xoxox


 2 years ago


There was a deep murmur above him, and then a soft cough. Jinki looked up from his book to meet the gaze of two big brown ones. "Uh, excuse me but do you work here?" 

 

Jinki smiled, because of course people thought he was just a reader. " I do. I'm the owner. How may I help you?"

 

The man blinked for a moment before tossing his hair out of his face. "You don't seem like the type of guy to own a shop like this." 

 

Jinki rose an eyebrow. "And what type of guy do you think I am? You don't even know my name mister."

 

The man chuckled, so deep that the thought it came from his feet crossed Jinki's mind. "I guess you're right. I'm Minho by the way." He held out his hand, and the bookshop owner took it with a smile. 

 

"Jinki." He said with a warm smile. "What is it that you are looking for?"

 

"Romeo and Juliet." 

 

Jinki thought for a moment before motioning him to follow him around the bookcase to the next aisle. He leaned down, but before pulling out the book he looked over his shoulder, just in time to catch the other man checking his out. He smiled to himself before coughing and asking, "Hardback or paperback?"

 

Minho blushed and looked away as he rubbed his neck nervously. "Uh hardback. Paperback didn't do me too well last time."  

 

Once the book was pulled out and handed over Jinki asked, "Are you just into tragic romances or do you need this for a class?"

 

"LIterature 101. Something about having to compare relationships then and now, and all the mumbo jumbo that goes with it. Personal experiences included." 

 

Jinki chuckled. " That assignment would if you lack relationships." The man seemed to think for a moment before turning and asking the other, "Is that all or do you need something else?" 

 

"How about a chance to make a personal experience with you? Maybe your number?" 

 

Jinki was taken aback for the lack of a better word. The other man was attractive, and who is attractive would ever ask someone like him out? A young book store owner that got kicks out of fixing very old books? "Uh what? Excuse me?" 

 

Minho frowned for a moment before rocking on his heels. "Yea sorry. Never mind. I don't know why I thought you'd be interested."

 

"Wait wait wait." Jinki was trying very hard to connect everything in his head. Too many thoughts, and way too little time. "I never said I wasn't interested."

 

The other man's features rose slightly. "Really?"

 

"I can't just fathom why you would."

 

"Let's just say I have a thing for cute little book lovers with glasses." 

 

Jinki blushed and looked up at him for a moment before ducking his head and walking to the counter. He stumbled on the way, on that stupid piece of rug that he always did, and he looked back with a red face. Minho was following shortly after him, with an amused smile on his face. Jinki rung up the book, turning around to get the receipt from the printer, and before placing it in the book he wrote his phone number on the back. He handed it over with a smile.

 

"If you need help with that assignment, just look at the receipt I gave you. Have a good day Minho." 

 

Minho looked confused for a moment, before smiling and walking out the door. Giving a small last look at the book owner who was trying really hard not to combust. At the bus stop he opened the book and he couldn't get the huge smile on his face even if he tried. Not even his damn calculus class brought him down. As he went to bed that night he softly said the other man's name. "Jinki." He liked the sound of it.
                     

                                                                                           xoxox