The First Time

Exs Can still be friends.. right?

 He sighed as he pushed open the washer. How many clothes could one man go through? It was like someone had come in and tried on every single sweater, pair of jeans, shirt and even his overalls, that he really didn't like admitting he owned. After pulling the nob and the warm water began to pour into the machine, he tossed in a little bleach and some soap, before shoving the clothes in after. When he thought he could hear someone at his door, he paused in his movements and craned his neck to listen a little closer. 

 

He shrugged when no other knocking could be heard and finished shoving the clothes with, slamming the top down before making sure that all the jeans that were in the dryer weren't stuffed too much. Then he heard the knocking again, and after tossing a dryer sheet in he yelled, "I'll be there in a minute. Hold on!" 

 

The knocking stopped, and he closed the dryer door with a move of his hip before walking out of his laundry room. He dried off his hands before tossing the cloth on the kitchen counter before looking through the peep hole. He softly smiled when he saw his best friend, and quickly opened the door. "Hey Minho!"

 

"Uh, Hi Jinki." Minho wasn't looking at him, and that worried him. The younger man ran his hand over his neck, shaking his unruley dark hair around his head. "Do you mind if I come in?" 

 

"Do I ever?" Jinki asked as he stepped out of the doorway and allowed the man to walk into his apartment. Minho shuffled in, not even bothering to take off his coat and hang it on his hook, and basically fell onto the couch. Jinki walked into his living room with a concerned gaze. "Minho is something wrong?"

 

The man didn't answer just looking up at him and forcing a smile. "Why don't you go get your tea." It wasn't a question, and the thought that the younger man still remembered he loved to have tea right before his late dinner warmed his heart. 

 

"Will you tell me what's wrong after I do?" Minho nodded, and Jinki gave a nod before walking to get the hot water that was still sitting on the burner. 

 

He laid his cup on the table, one that he failed to recongize as Minho's favorite one when he lived with him a little too late, before going to get an ice cube. He returned to see his tea already made, the color a little off dark brown and the spoon laid across the top. Minho gave him a small smile, a message saying that it was the least he could do because he remembered just how much he had hurt the older man, before his head was hung back into his hands. 

 

Jinki took a drink from his mug, the tea bag being placed on the coffee table before him. He offered the younger man some, not really caring about the germs because they've shared way more than a drink or two in their history. Minho shook his head, focused on his jacket that he had yet to taken off. "So what to I owe this pleasure Minho?"

 

"I went home to find her gone Hyung." 

 

"Who?" 

 

"Krystal." 

 

"Oh." Was the only thing Jinki said. Krystal was the girl Minho had been caught flirting with back when they were together, the professors daughter down at the university the younger man still attended. 

 

"I don't know what happened Jinki." The younger man mumbled. "She seemed so happy with me, and then she was gone with just a note pinned to the refridgerator."

 

Jinki frowned as he watched his best friend beat himself up over a girl. "How long were you two together?"

 

"3 months." Only 3 months after their 2 year relationship ended. A deep emotion that should have been long forgotten began to bubble up to the surface of the older man. Jinki pushed the burning aching jealous down and brought the man into his chest. He hated seeing the younger man upset. Someone as amazing as Minho deserved to always smile.

 

"She just wasn't the one." Just like I wasn't , he added silently inside his head. "You'll find someone else." Someone like Minho didn't stay single for long. Jinki knew that first hand.

 

"She was so pretty though." He said softly. "Hyung am I handsome? Do you think Noona left to be with someone more fitting of her looks?"

 

Jinki just smiled as he shook his head. "Of course you are handsome. And attractive. And funny. I've always thought so. It's her loss." Minho found himself enjoying the feeling of the older man's soft breath against his hair.

 

The younger man smiled softly up at him as Jinki's fingers rubbed his hip bone like he knew calmed and comforted him. Ignoring how familiar the touch was or how it meant more for Jinki than it seemed at first glance. "I'm glad I have you Hyung. You're always here for me."

 

He kissed Minho's hair softly and held him close, remembering how much he had always loved to do so as the younger man slept beside him, and tried to ignore the soft sound of contentment that he heard leave the younger man's lips. "I am your best friend." But I used to be your everything. "How about a drink? I have this new wine I really wanted to try."

 

"Sure Hyung." Minho forced a smile as he withdrew from the embrace and followed Jinki into his kitchen.

 

Jinki pulled out the two wine glasses that he hasn't touched in over 6 months, and slowly poured the rich red wine into each. He offered one to the younger man, the action way too familiar for him. "Though I can't drink much. I still have to open the store tomorrow." 

 

"But Jinki! It's sunday tomorrow. Who comes to buy books on Sunday?" 

 

The older man's eyes crinkle as a huge smile forms on his face. "You did." Minho just mumbles about how that was a one time only thing, and he really needed that copy of shakespeare. "How's school going? You had a chemistry final last week didn't you?"

 

"Yea, but I probably did okay on it." 

 

"You always do." Jinki said with a smile, which fell when the younger man was staring at his wine instead of up at him. "You need to forget her." 

 

"Easy for you to say. You haven't been through this lately."

 

Jinki gave a short laugh. "Because what happened between us needed only a couple days to get over. Yea. Right." He downed his wine in one go and poured another glass. "Do you want some more?"

 

Minho shook his head. "No thank you."

 

 Jinki shrugged, turning and beginning to work on food for them. They really didn't to communicate, even if it had been 6 months since they've lived together, because they were used to this. It was normal, the connection between them never really going away. Jinki knew how the man liked his meat, and how much sauce he would want and the fact he needed it on a seperate plate. He knew it all, and would always know. 

 

Minho just sat at the counter, watching the older man move around his kitchen cooking as he himself twirled his finger around the wine glass' rim. He remembered all the times coming home from a long day at school, so many classes and so much homework, to find Jinki in their kitchen, this kitchen, cooking his favorite. He remembered watching him swing his hips as he hummed a tune, and then walking up behind him to dance along with him. All pressed together close.

 

As they ate and drank wine, the memories of the girl that had brought the younger man here in the first place began to fade. Laughter as they played mario kart. Memories of the late night drinks and laughter while watching movies, and the sloppy kisses as they ignored the movie completely. 

 

And as the man laid out a set of clothes, Minho's that he still hadn't taken from the older man, he knew that Jinki hadn't expected him to be out so quickly. The only shower that was in the apartment was the one in the master bedroom, and the older man hated to admit that he had missed seeing the younger man in the room that used to be theirs. Minho walked out of the bathroom, only wearing a white towel wrapped around his waist, to see Jinki looking at a picture that he was holding with far away eyes. The man quickly shoved it back into the drawer in which it came from and smiled embarressenly up at him.

 

"Uh, I found some pajamas. I just watched them." The idea of Jinki doing laundry made Minho remember all those times making out against the washer as they did laundry, which always lead to more. And when Jinki smiled, those plump lips spreading into a smile he suddenly started to miss it being given to him as he touched him. So before the man could move out of hte room, Minho's hand was wrapped around his wrist and pulling him back into his embrace.

 

Jinki placed his hands on Minho's shoulders, and gazed down at him as the man wrapped his arms around his waist. Minho remembered how it felt to receive that heated gaze, and he missed it.

 

"Minho..." Jinki warned softly as the younger man's hand pushed under the fabric of his soft sweater. Minho looked up at him with those big brown eyes of his, and the older man felt his barriers falling.

 

All the memories of how the younger man felt rushed back, so when Minho pushed his hands under the waistband of his jeans to run his fingers over the smooth tailbone of theman, he didn't tell him to stop. In fact he leaned further against the man, and his touch.

 

And when Jinki moved to straddle him, his tight jeans leaving nothing to memory and press his soft supple lips against his own, Minho gripped his and pulled him hard against him and kissed him back. The older man pulled open the towel that was the only thing the man was wearing, and grounded his hips against him to create the friction he had forgotten how it felt.

 

His mind told him to stop, that they shouldn't do this, but with every kiss and every single  other touch of the younger man, Jinki began to care even less. He needed this, telling himself that Minho needed it too, that he was helping him get over the girl who's name neither of them could recall. 

 

And even though it had been over 6 months, both men remembered what to touch and how to move. Both knew how to work the others body to get those oh so beautiful reactions they both had missed. 

 

And when Jinki pushed him back, Minho bouncing a little before the older man attacked him, they both knew they were far to gone to even think about the consequences of their actions. 
                                                                                 xoxox