Chapter 2

Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung sat at a corner inside the class, smirked and started to write on her opened diary, “Day one,” she mumbled, “Korean Folklore Literature, Lu-han.” She flicked her pen in satisfactory and raised her head, inspecting the class. The class was almost full, it was 10 minutes before it started. Sooyoung threw a glimpse to her wristwatch, “Mister Perfect is not here? Did I get his schedule wrong?”

“Good morning, class.”

Sooyoung shifted her head, the lecturer was already inside! She sighed- positive that she got his schedule wrong as there was no sign of him and thanks to that, she had to spend a boring 2 hours of Korean Folklore Literature class. Sooyoung groaned loudly when the lecturer started explaining. Apparently it didn’t go unnoticed by the lecturer.

She threw Sooyoung a look, “Yes, Miss…?” The whole class shifted their heads to Sooyoung’s direction, looking in curiosity.

Sooyoung quickly gave her an apologetic look, “Choi, Miss. Um… Choi Sooyoung,” she answered nervously, “I-I… I-I’m…” her words cut when a loud knock on the door was heard. The door opened with a loud click and a face showed up. The class’s attention shifted to the door and the lecturer raised her eyebrows upon seeing the person who just entered the class.

He grinned boyishly to the lecturer while scrubbing his head, making his way inside the class, “I’m sorry for being late, Miss. I read my schedule wrong. Thought I would have this class at 1,” he gave her an apologetic smile, “Can I still join the class?”

The lecturer rolled her eyes, “Have a seat, Luhan.”

His grin went wider, “Thanks, Miss.” He took quick steps to a vacant seat, half-running comically, making the whole class laugh at him.

Oh, he’s the joker, Sooyoung concluded, reminded of what Yunah told her the other day about his unique sense of humor. She snorted, her eyes following him until he walked to her direction and their eyes met. He grinned charmingly, “Hi. Is this seat taken?”  

 

-----

 

Sooyoung opened her diary and started to write, “20 facts… of… Luhan…” she paused for a while, her mind flew to what happened that morning.

Sooyoung stared blankly at the lecturer during the Korean Folklore Literature when suddenly she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She shifted her head and saw Luhan smiled at her, “Hi. Do you have a pen you can lend me?” he whispered.

“Oh,” Sooyoung answered, forming a small O. She opened her pencil case and sighed. The only pen she had left was a pink pen with a rabbit hanging onto it. Pretty sure that he would never use such pen, Sooyoung handed him a normal-looking pencil instead, “Here you go.”

Luhan didn’t take the pencil, instead, he gave Sooyoung an apologetic look, “I… don’t really use pencils. Don’t you have pens?”

“Well…” Sooyoung showed him her rabbit pencil, “The only pen I have is…”

“Pink rabbit?” he chuckled in amusement and Sooyoung frowned.

“If you don’t want this, I have no other…”

“No, no,” he quickly cut her words, “Rabbits are pretty cool,” he grinned as he took the pen from her, “Oh and by way of speaking,” he cleared his throat, “I’m Luhan.” He raised his hand, wanting to grab hers.

Sooyoung’s fast mind worked- the best way to know a person up-close-and-personal is to become their friend! Sooyoung hence raised her hands in return and offered him a small smile, “Hi. I’m Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.”

Luhan grinned and took her hand in his, “Nice meeting you, Choi Rabbit. Are you new here?”

Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “It’s Choi Soo…”

“Do you guys mind telling me and the whole class the seemed-to-be veeery interesting topic that you’re currently discussing, Choi Sooyoung and Luhan?”

Sooyoung and Luhan quickly shifted their heads and saw that the lecturer was looking at them, her eyebrows were raised oh-so-high until it disappeared in her thick hair, “Please?” she continued, “Otherwise you can continue chatting outside the class.” She gave them another threatening look and pointed at the door.

Sooyoung mumbled a low “Sorry, Miss…” with her head down while Luhan confidently raised his head and gave the lecturer an apologetic smile, “It was my fault, Miss. I was asking Miss Choi Rabbit here- I mean,” he paused momentarily when Sooyoung gave him a look, “Choi Sooyoung- whether she has an extra pen to lend me.”

“I believe this won’t happen again in my class?”

Luhan shook his head, “For sure, Miss.”

“Good,” she continued with a satisfied look on her face, “Ok class, as I was speaking earlier, our folklore was highly affected by the Chinese culture, that…”

Sooyoung sighed in relief and shifted her head to see him. Luhan gave her a toothy grin and mouthed, “Sorry, Choi Rabbit.”

“Number… one… he never uses a pencil. Reason? To be discovered.” She underlined the phrase and nodded to herself, continuing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter