A Bad Fall

Dark Lake Academy

Sooyoung sat on the ground, just staring off into space. A sad smile formed on her face as her vision of the future faded. She glanced around, finding that she’s just missed falling down a hole in the next couple of floors that the explosions had created. At the bottom of the hole was a bunch of debris, plaster, wood, and metal all twisted together and making the fall even more deadly than it already was.

“Well,” she sighed, “that’s unfortunate.”

“What did you see, girl?” a voice called out and Sooyoung turned slightly to see Jihoo coming towards her.

“You know my powers?” she asked, trying to delay what she knew in her heart of hearts was going to happen anyway.

“Of course I do,” the shifter scoffed, “I have friends who told me on your little witch council. I had at one point hoped your power of sight would develop into something I could make use of.” Jihoo frowned, “it would seen it finally has, but I still cannot make use of you.”

“That’s an understatement,” Sooyoung smirked.

“What did you see?” Jihoo growled, very much done with anymore delay tactics that Sooyoung could try.

“You’re going to die,” Sooyoung told him, “and it’s going to be painful.”

“Tell me what happens,” Jihoo hissed, grabbing Sooyoung by the front of her shirt and holding her over the hole in the floor.

“Drop me,” Sooyoung challenged him, “I’m not going to tell you anything, so go ahead and drop me.”

Sooyoung knew she was going to die. She had seen it happened and it had felt so real she almost believed she was already dead. Because she knew her fate already, she felt no fear at facing it like this.

“You don’t fear death,” Jihoo observed, “which means that you saw this coming.”

“I did,” she nodded, “in that future, I told you what I saw because I was scared. I will not make that mistake again.”

It was a lie. She had not foreseen herself ever telling Jihoo a thing. This was nothing but another attempt to delay what was going to happen. She needed just a few more moments for Sori to arrive, then the fate she had foreseen for the female shifter would change. she just needed Jihoo to hesitate for a few more minutes.

“A shame,” Jihoo laughed, “if you had of told me, maybe I would spared your friends.”

“You wouldn’t,” Sooyoung replied, a small smile lighting up her face when she noticed Sori entering the hallway.

“You’re right,” Jihoo nodded, “so die with the knowledge that you at least won’t have to see me kill them.”

Jihoo let Sooyoung go and she fell to her death.

As she fell, she heard Sori scream and smiled slightly to herself. Yes, seeing Sooyoung fall to her death was what Sori needed in order to win against Jihoo. Or at least she hoped so. There was a chance she was wrong, but Sooyoung decided that she had faith Sori could win. And if she couldn’t? Ravi was on his way, he could protect her. He would win if Sori couldn’t.

A/N: sorry the chapter’s so short this week guys. It’s been one heck of a week, all ending in blood work (which was……that was a thing. A thing that left me white as a sheet and on the edge of passing out for a while after). I’m…..not even slightly good with needles. Basically it’s all ended up in a big mess of getting no lengthy writing done and making me feel sick. Anyway, sorry for the short chapter, congrats to 9 Muses for their first subunit, and I can’t wait for VIXX’s comeback and EXO’s repackaging coming up.