Chapter 5

하나 (One) SHINee's oneshots collection.

 

Granted Wish

Taemin &&you. with a tad of the fabulous Key here and there.

 

 

“Look, you’re going with me to Apgujeong, you need new clothes. No buts.” Key pulled you from your messy bed.

 

“All right, Sir. At least let me wear something proper! Geez, I’m the one who’s going to date him, why are you THIS excited...”

 

“Taemin is one of my precious friends, I’m not going to let him date an older girl who doesn’t even consider what to wear for the date.” This is the reason why you can’t be with him, you feel that you didn’t deserve a sweet and caring boy like Key. He deserves someone who can take care of herself, who can be his fashion advisor, definitely not you. You hugged him. You were going to throw out your feelings for him, tonight. Or anytime soon, you guess. Key set you and Taemin up on a date. Mostly because Taemin had been hitting on you and Key wanted you to spend your day with someone’s special other than him since he’s going to leaving soon to America.

 

You liked Taemin too, but he’s younger than you. You didn’t feel like dating someone’s younger than you and hoping that Key would notice your feeling and be your boyfriend instead. But he being your best friend was enough for you.

 

“Thank you, Kim Kibum. You’re the best thing that ever happened in my life!”

 

“Excuse me, miss. You only have 3 minutes to change and let Mr. Key do his magic on you!”

 

******************************

 

“Noona… you’re really different!” Taemin reached the curl on your hair in glee. It made you fidgeted a little, uncomfortable.

 

“Err is it a bit overdone? Oh God, I’m going to kill Key…”

 

“No, you’re way more beautiful today! I can’t believe that I’ll spend tonight with noona.” He smiled.

 

“Taemin, you’re not that shy junior I met months ago.” You chuckled slightly.

 

Sweetly, he said, “Noona changed me. I want to be someone who’s compatible for you.”

 

******************************

 

You both went to the Namsan tower after a movie and dinner. Wrote each other name and wishes on two tied locks like a couple.

 

“What did you write, Taemin?” You asked while flipping the lock to see his writing behind it. ‘To be with this lovely noona forever.’ He wrote. You missed a bling of hope in his eyes, waiting for you to respond it. He only got a smile from you, he get it that he’s not anywhere near to make his hope come true soon. But, he determined to make it happen someday, you just need to know his heart a little bit more.

 

“And what about you?” He reached for your lock, ‘To make Taemin stop calling me noona~~♥’ He chuckled.

 

“Really? What do you want me to call you? My love? Darling?” He bound down a bit to see your eyes in the same level.

 

“Oh so romantic, Lee Taemin. You should stop hanging out with Jonghyun.” You smiled again, feeling all special because of him. You leaned on his shoulder, sighing a little. He was really surprised but he managed to hold you in one of his arms from behind.

 

“I really, really want to be your girlfriend. You’re a sweet boy, I’d die to have your attention all for me alone. But I don’t want to be selfish, Taemin. I like someone else, I hope you know that. I’m so sorry, I’ll cherish the moment of our date today for the rest of my life.” You kissed his cheek, regret filled up your heart. You wished you didn’t just say that to him, instead you should’ve said that you like him too, everything will be easier, right?

 

“I know, _____. I wished you would forget hyung, but I don’t think you can do anything to avoid your feelings, and so do i. I guess, good luck for both of us? Wait, good luck for me because if the luck fall on you, my wish wouldn’t come true.” You reached out to hit his forehead playfully, he hold your hands to prevent it to happen.

 

“Hey, I just granted your wish, I didn’t call you ‘noona’ anymore! Don’t be so cruel, old woman!”

 

“OLD WOMAN?! YOU’RE GOING TOO FAR, LEE TAEMIN! LET NOONA TEACH YOU SOME MANNER!” But suddenly, he tightens his grip on your hands and put them on your both side and leaned in to peck your lips.

 

“That’s my gift from you for granting your wish. Now, let’s go home!” Taemin showed his sweet smile once again. For a while, you feel like granting his wish too.

 

******************************

 

After the date, your mind were only shuffling from the Taemin’s sudden peck, Taemin’s wish, Taemin’s cute handwriting, Taemin’s this, Taemin’s that. You felt like you’re going to explode anytime soon. Your wondering was cut down because your phone vibrated twice. 2 new messages.

 

How was my girl’s day?

Did Taemin do something inappropriate to you?!

Did he hold your hand? REPLY ME ASAP

- Key

 

You smiled, how could you let this special boy go to another country without him knowing about your feeling? Feeling. Taemin popped up in your mind again as you recalled that word.

 

No, it must be because he’s just being sweet today, I’ll forget about him soon. Will you? You were deep in your thoughts as someone called you, Key.

 

“Yes, oppa?”

 

“Yah, where are you? Aren’t you going to reply my message? Do you know how worried I am? How would I leave you if you’re going to do this to me?” Key whined on the phone.

 

“Seriously, oppa.. I’m typing the reply now. I’m at home already, safe and sound. Yes, Taemin held my hand. Well, not really because he was practically dragged me everywhere, he’s such a hyper furry ball. And no, he didn’t do anything inappropriate. Holding hands are not inappropriate. Are you happy now?” And please don’t leave me, I don’t think I can’t handle being without you. You wished you could say that.

 

“I’m relieved. Okay now, go to sleep, _____ baby. Good night!” You mumbled some good night, sweet dreams to him. You frowned as you realized that you should get used to not hearing him calling you baby. He’s leaving…

 

You fell asleep with your phone on your hand. There was still one message you haven’t opened yet.

 

******************************

 

The next day, you were going to the school with Key. It was a bit weird since Taemin usually stroll along with you both but not today. You felt a bit uneasy.

 

What is he doesn’t want to meet me again after last night? Or maybe he’s sick? Yeah, maybe he’s sick. Wait what?! He’s sick?! It must be from the cold weather last night! What am I supposed to do?! He’s sick because of me..

 

“What are you thinking about? You wouldn’t want to get those permanent lines on your forehead.” Key flicked your forehead slightly. You usually liked it when Key did it to you but not today, not this morning.

 

“Taemin, where’s he?” You asked him as he arranging his locker.

 

“In the hospital, of course. Didn’t he tell you last night too? About the accident?” Key turned to you but you were gone, running with all your might to the hospital. Something wasn’t right. Either Taemin or your heart.

 

You took a cab and dialed Taemin’s number but you forgot to charge your phone and the battery was drained.

 

Once you arrived at the hospital, you saw Minho, Key and Taemin’s friend from their dancing group and went to him.

 

“Minho, is he alright? When was the accident?” You approached him and shook him a little bit. He looked so surprise but stayed calm, like always.

 

“It happened last night. It was so bad, he said that he was going to meet his crush and ask her to be his girlfriend, but what I know is the girl rejected him and he got into this serious accident. He hasn’t given a sign that he was going to be conscious anytime soon.” You felt your heart sank, little by little. You fell on the waiting room bench and brought your palm to your face, massaging your temple a little bit. You didn’t know why you did that because the pain comes from your heart not from your head.

 

“Oh my God, Taemin, I’m so sorry, you could call me noona all you want, I don’t care! You said you wanted to be with me forever, you couldn’t do this to me, you have to get up and I’ll grant your wish, I promise.” You sobbed so hard when you feel a hand hugging you.

 

“Minho, please tell me that Taemin will be here with me, please tell me that he’s going to be alright.”

 

“Noona, I’m not Minho.” Taemin. Taemin’s voice? Did your ear betray you to make you feel better? You looked up to see Taemin, healthy with a shy smile on his face.

 

“Taemin.. Why are you here?”  Minho laughed like there’s no yesterday. Taemin just looked at you with a grin, probably because he heard what you said before.

 

“Onew hyung is the one who involved in the accident but he woke up just now, the doctors said that he’ll be fine after two weeks or so.”

 

You just sobbed there, confused. Taemin brought his thumb to erase your tears.

 

“Were you worried about me? I’m so sorry, I told you about this accident last night and I wouldn’t be at school today, but I guess you didn’t get it?”

 

“Taemin, how dare you making me worried like this! Oh God, I think I left my heart somewhere else.” You hit your chest slowly in embarrassment. He took your hand into his and kisses it.

 

“At least, you’re opening your heart for me...” He smiled and everything seems to turned upside down. I think I’m going to grant your wish soon, Taemin...

 

∞ to be continued ∞

 

picture credit: [email protected]

word count: 1648.

*******

i didn't know this story would get another subscribers but yeah i did, even in my hiatus mode and because of that i decided to throw a Taemin oneshot for you all. enjoy and don't hesitate to leave me a comment! i love you all~

i'll post some sort of the epilogue of this story later, kay? ;)