First Week

I Like You [revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoomi rubbed her eyes sleepily as she and Chanyeol waited for their ride to school. She teetered on the sidewalk, her head turning left and right to look out for Minah's car. He yawned as he boredly skimmed through his songs.

"Hey, you two!" Their heads shot up at the loud voice and waved at the short boy before going back to whatever they were doing before. Minseok rolled his eyes as he brought out his phone to text Kyungsoo.

A few minutes after he arrived, a loud honk echoed throughout the street. All three of them looked up with wide eyes and groaned collectively when they saw Kaeun, Minah's cousin, at the passenger seat. They scrambled to get their things and entered the car.

"Good morning!" Minah shouted in their faces as soon as they got in. Chanyeol leaned back while Yoomi gave her a look of disdain. Minseok wiggled around, uncomfortable in his place at the end.

"I got you, bro." A pair of arms lifted him up and placed him on the taller boy's lap. Minseok scowled as he readjusted his bag on his lap, "Why do I have to be on your lap? Why not Yoomi?" He glowered at the two siblings and sent a pleading look to Minah.

"Because I'm much taller than you." Yoomi coyly smiled at the male, who sent a face in return. Minah sighed at her friends and slipped in her earphones, blocking out their voices.

Chanyeol scoffed and rolled his eyes at his sister, "Uh, no. It's because you weigh much much more than Minseok."

Yoomi's eye twitched as she swiftly turned around to look at her brother, "Did you just call me fat?!"

Before he could retort, Kaeun hissed from the front seat, "Be quiet! It's too early in the morning for your childish bantering." Afterwards, she turned the volume of the radio up and ignored them for the rest of the ride. Minseok rolled his eyes and whispered to the Park siblings, "She sure is friendly."

 

  

"Sunhee!"

The girl inwardly groaned as she shut her locker door hesitantly, turning her head to see Kai running towards her. Hwayoung stifled a laugh and nudged Yejin on the side, earning a glare from Sunhee.

Kai got to her and surprised everyone by grabbing her and lifting her up. Sunhee yelped as he spun her around in his arms, laughing melodiously, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I swear I could kiss you right now!" The statement caused a few jaws to drop and whispers to arrive. The only ones who weren't giving a reaction were his friends: Chen, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Yixing.

"Uh, let's not." She grimaced as she pushed his face away, "And please put me down." Her head spun a bit because of his forceful hug.

He set her down back on the ground and beamed at her, "What do I owe you? Food? Homework?" He paused and took a step towards her, tilting his head a little, "Perhaps a kiss?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her as he bit his lip.

She made a face at him before pushing him away again. He laughed heartily along with Yejin, Hwayoung and Jiyeon as she scrunched her face up in displeasure. Swinging an arm over her shoulders, he reassured her, "I kid, Sunhee. You know me."

Chen rolled his eyes at him and whispered something in Yejin's ear, making her double over in laughter. Kai shot them a look, "I've got my eyes on you two." He made a gesture and mock-threatened them. The warning bell rang, indicating that there were ten minutes left before classes had to start. The corridors quieted down as the students each filed into their own classrooms.

A few minutes before classes were gonna start, Sehun and Seobin barged in the classroom and joined their group of friends, both of them panting and sweating.

The group paused from laughing at a funny story Yoomi was telling them about Chanyeol's pants. Minah glanced at the two of them, "What happened to you?"

"You look like you joined a marathon." Minseok remarked, eyeing the two siblings. Seobin frowned to herself, combing her hair with her fingers, as Sehun wiped at his sweaty forehead, "Our car broke down...so we had to...run about eleven...blocks." He leaned against the wall and breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath.

Yejin grimaced, "Ugh, how do you even?" She scrunched her face up and made an act of vomiting, "Exercise repulses me."

Sunhee rolled her eyes, "You've been saying that for years."

"Yeah, so the barfing was pretty unnecessary." Jiyeon added.

Yejin frowned at them and grumbled, "Why do you guys always gang up on me?" Before any of them could reply, the door opened and revealed their first teacher. "Sit down, everyone."

 

 

"It's free period, Kai. Can't you leave me alone just once?" Sunhee sighed exasperatedly as she stomped her way towards the Study room. Kai snickered and matched her pace, "Aw, but where's the fun in that, dear Sunhee?"

Seobin, Yejin and Chen looked back and forth as the conversation bounced between the pair. They've been bickering ever since Ms. Han, their English teacher, had dismissed them. Actually, they've been bickering since the first day of school, which was a few days ago.

"Should we go?" Seobin asked Chen, her voice as soft as a whisper. He had to lean closer for him to hear her. He shrugged and replied, "Maybe."

Sunhee huffed and hugged her notebooks and papers closer to her chest, "Stop following me!" She shouted at Kai, not even looking at his face while doing so.

The latter smirked and jogged up to her before turning around and walking backwards, his hands stuffed in his pockets, "Nah. Let's have some bonding time."

She squeezed her eyes and grumbled something under her breath. "They probably already forgot that we're right here." Chen chuckled, crossing his arms behind his head. Yejin frowned and slapped his arm, whispering angrily at him.

"Let's go to the ballet room or something. Wanna see my moves?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose, "No, I don't. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to— Hey! Give me back my notes!" He laughed and ran down the corridor with Sunhee trailing after him, their voices becoming inaudible as they got farther.

"Finally. I couldn't stand watching them any longer." Yejin huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, "I swear, if he even dares to hurt her again, I'll—" Chen placed his hand over , cutting her off, "Now, now. Let's not curse Kai. He is still my cousin and your friend after all."

She bit the inside of her cheek, "But still—"

"No buts."

Seobin looked between the two and sighed. No way am I going to thirdwheel. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go to the library. I'll see you later." Before they could even reply, she dashed away from them and went down the stairs.

Humming a soft tune, she made her way to their school library on the second floor. It was quite spacious yet had a great amount of books. Wooden bookcases lined the beige walls with a number of wooden desks and chairs situated neatly in the center. She sighed in delight when she was welcomed by the quiet noise. There were a number of students and teachers present in the room, but the loudest noise they woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter