Apologize

I Like You [revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you want?” The girl asked him monotonously, her eyes not even looking up at him for she was busy writing down some reminders.

Kai drew in a breath and puffed his cheeks, “We're actually classmates.” His gaze didn't waver, even when she looked up and returned his gaze. He gave her a sweet innocent smile while she refused to show her emotions.

Sunhee stared back at him with a poker face and looked down at the pen in her hands, “Yeah, I can see that very well.” Her tone was so cold that Kai felt goosebumps rising on his skin.

He scratched his head in confusion and raised one of his eyebrows. He looked down, mumbling some things to himself, “Do you remember the days when my world practically revolved around you?”

Sunhee looked up at him confusedly, twirling her pen between her fingers, “Excuse me?”

He chuckled before staring straight into her eyes, “Remember kindergarten? When I, one of the hottest guys in the universe, bullied only you. I mean, imagine how many girls would have died to have my hundred percent attention on them.”

He spoke with so much arrogance that Sunhee wanted to throw her pen right at his big head, “Hot? In your dreams.” She scoffed and leaned back into her chair, arms crossed.

He rolled his eyes playfully and raised his arms up, “Hey, I'm only stating the truth here.”

“Yeah, whatever. All you are is an arrogant high school heartthrob.” She glanced at Yejin from across the room but she was busy talking to Chen. She sighed, all of her friends were busy.

He scoffed dramatically, his hand on his chest, “I am so not arrogant!”

"Uh, yeah, you are!" She countered, one of her eyebrows raised.

“Am not!”

“You are!”

“If I'm arrogant, then you're stupid.”

“My lowest grade is like 88!”

“That doesn't mean you're not an idiot~” He sing-songed as he wagged his finger at her.

“You're so annoying!” She huffed and crossed her arms in anger. Kai blinked as she narrowed her eyes and turned away from him. She was mumbling incoherent things to herself as her eyebrows furrowed and her lips formed a pout. He chuckled before shutting up when she threw him a glare.

Clearing his throat, he got up and stood before her. Earlier, his plan was to befriend his ex-victim. He felt bad for pulling on her ponytail, throwing dirt at her face, stealing her toys, and a lot more childish things. He continued messing with her until they reached the age of 10, when he actually grew a conscience.

Kai kneeled down and lowered his head until it met the ground, which startled Sunhee. She stared wide-eyed at him before telling him to get up. However, the boy stayed still as he spoke words of remorse, apologizing for his ways. Their classmates started looking, and eventually, they started cooing.

“Yoo Sunhee, oh dear Sunhee, I hope that you find it in you to forgive me. I know that I was a jerk and that I hurt you, so I'm sorry. I'm sorry for stealing your food, I'm sorry for calling you ugly when you're not...”

Sunhee looked around for her friend's faces, hoping that they would help her somehow. However, when she glanced at them they were either laughing, shaking their head, squealing (Jiyeon) or cheering. She pursed her lips before coming to a decision. She made Kai look up, as he refused to sit up or stand until he got a response from her.

“Kim Jongin,” She paused for dramatic effect as she looked down and sighed. She looked up and stared at his eyes, hoping that she could dig up any emotions he was feeling. She sighed when all she was sincerity, “you ...but I forgive you.” Everyone celebrated, giving the male claps on the back and thumbs up.

“Truce?” He held out his hand again as she stared at in wonder. She glanced at him then his hand then him again before shrugging and taking his hand into hers. He gave her a light squeeze before pulling her into a short hug. “Truce.” He smiled before pulling away, ruffling her hair.

 

Sunhee tilted her head to the side, observing Kai's facial expressions, “Why are you staring at me like that?”

The boy smirked at her before yanking her towards him, “I was thinking of how to make you fall for me.” He whispered in her ear.

She scrunched her face before pushing him away, “Yuck, no way! You're too...Jongin.” People nearby laughed as some just shook their heads in amusement. Kai, on the other hand, was sputtering, “Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!” But no one answered him. They all just continued laughing.

 

 

“Okay. What was that?” Hwayoung leaned against the lockers as Sunhee and Minah took out their things.

“What was what?” Sunhee asked back, raising an eyebrow at her friend.

Yejin sighed exaggeratedly and removed the lollipop from , “What just happened with you and Jongin? Weren't you at each other's throats for years?”

“I think you're talking about you and Suho, Yejin.” Seobin chided. Yejin stuck her tongue out at her in reply.

Sunhee shrugged. “If I'm being completely honest, I have no idea what just happened in there.” She pursed her lips as she looked at the photos taped in her locker, “Do I hate him? No. Do I forgive him? Eh, yeah. Are we friends? Uh, probably not.”

“Well as long as you don't fall for him, I'm okay with you guys being friends.” Minah shrugged carelessly as she fixed her belongings. Yejin gaped at her as if she grew two heads.

Minah sighed and popped her head out from behind her locker door, “Oh come on, Yejin. Just because you and Suho aren't on good terms, doesn't mean the rest of us have to be as well.” She eyed Hwayoung for a few seconds before adding, “Okay maybe some of us can... but you get my point!”

Jiyeon snickered, deciding to support Minah, “She's right, you know.” Yejin turned to glare at her but she just waved it off. “I mean, we're juniors already. How many more months until we have to leave this school?”

“Do not remind me. My parents have been badgering me about the company for years. I'm going to explode!”

Sunhee laughed and shut her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter