Friday

I Like You [revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on, Yejin. Put your back into it!” Chanyeol groaned as he and Yejin pushed the van from behind with Jiyeon behind the wheel.

Yejin glared at him as she huffed and whined, “Give me a break! I'm exhausted.” She fanned her face with one of her hands and paused for a while, looking at the sun disdainfully. It was bright and there was no cloud in sight. This is not my day. She thought to herself, wishing that she could just go home and lie on her bed.

Chanyeol flashed her a look of disbelief, “We've been doing this for literally five minutes!” He caught Jiyeon's gaze from the sideview mirror and exchanged looks of exasperation. She shrugged at him, “I'm not even surprised.” They had to bring the old vehicle to the staff's parking and fix it up there to pass their practical test.

Her eye twitched in annoyance as she barely put any effort in pushing the vehicle, “I'm not as fit as you, okay? Plus, we just came from P.E. class so...”

He grunted and muttered under his breath, “Just help me out, alright? The sooner we get this to the parking lot, the better.”

Yejin pouted as they got back to pushing, “I hate this class...” She scrunched her face, fixing cars and dealing with mechanics wasn't something she was so fond of.

Jiyeon sighed and said out the window, “Yejin, you hate all classes so quit complaining.” She twisted the key in the ignition, but it still wouldn't start properly. She moved the steering to the right to guide the car through the school. She heard Yejin starting up another conversation with Chanyeol and shook her head, deciding to ignore them.

“You still like Sunhee, don't you?” She inquired, determined to pass the time while doing work. Might as well just talk to the giant, she figured. Chanyeol's head whipped to look at her, but her eyes remained focused on the road.

“What do you mean?” He chuckled to cover up his nervousness. He sent her an uneasy glance quickly before turning his head away from her.

Yejin scoffed, “Don't even pretend, Yeol. I know you've been interested in her for, like, years now.”

There was silence between the two. She smiled smugly while he bit his lip in anxiety. “Man, am I that obvious?” If Yejin knows, who elese does? He bit his lip harder as he thought about it. Damn, does Sunhee know?

“Well, there's nothing wrong with that.” Yejin grinned at him mysteriously, “Besides, it's been years. Why don't you go make a move on her already?“

Chanyeol frowned and turned his head away, “Me? As if. I don't stand a chance.” Yejin furrowed her eyebrows as her lips pressed into a small frown. She was about to say something back to him when Jiyeon popped her head out the window, “We're barely moving, guys! Hurry it up back there.”

 

 

“I have no idea what to draw...” Tao tapped his pencil against his pouted lips as he stared blankly at his sketch pad before him. Suho tutted at him, “You better start soon. Class is gonna end in about ten minutes.” He glanced at the clock and sighed in boredom. He had already finished his drawing several minutes ago.

The clock was ticking and Tao only drew a sun. He banged his head with the pad, mumbling incoherent things under his breath. Suho ignored his whining and sighed, “Eignt more minutes, Tao.”

“Shut up.” He mumbled, his face buried in his hands.

Kyungsoo, who was diligently doing his work beside the latter, slammed his pencil down on the table beside him and pumped his fist in the air, “Finally!” He massaged his right hand and his wrist as he smugly looked at Tao, “How's yours going?”

Tao glared at him and flipped him off, grumbing to himself. Kyungsoo only laughed and returned the favor, “Yeah, you too, bud.” The latter looked around the art room in boredom before deciding to bother Kris, who sat behind him. “Yo dude.”

“What?” Kris grunted in reply. His eyes remained focused on his paper as his hand drew some light on it. He let go of the pencil and narrowed his eyes at it, gazing at it so intently.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes before going behind him to take a look at his drawing. His eyes bulged out, “Oh...wow. Did you take art classes over the summer or something? You've improved a lot.”

Kris stiffened before quickly flipping a new page over his drawing so that his friend wouldn't be able to see it. “Hey, don't hide it!”

He glared at Kyungsoo and lightly pushed him away, “Shoo. Leave me alone.”

The latter held his hands up in surrender before going back to his seat. Kris sighed to himself. That was close. If he looked at it any longer, he would have known what it was. He flipped the page back and gazed at his finished drawing.

“Kris!” A shrill voice suddenly screamed from across the room. He exchanged looks with Minseok, who sat beside him. The latter gave him an eye roll as he nodded towards the door. He flinched and looked up, hoping with all his life that it wasn't who he thought it was.

Unfortunately, his thoughts were correct. Nana, who he hated with a strong passion, was by the wide open door, her smile so wide and her eyes so bright. Nana, who was his Hwayoung's half-sister. Nana, who was the main reason why the two even broke up. Nana, who was sashaying towards him that very moment.

“Kris!” She called once again with her high-pitched voice, “I can't believe it! We're classmates!” She dropped her bag next to the chair beside him. She looked at the girl sitting there and raised her eyebrow at her, “What are you waiting for? Get up, that's my seat.”

She tapped her foot impatiently as the other girl gathered her things. Kris frowned and lightly grabbed her arm, “Sulli, stay where you are. You don't need to move.” She looked back at him with wide eyes before sitting back down quietly. He sighed and stood up, a hard look on his face as he spoke to Nana, “Look, I'm not interested in you, Nana. Never was, never will be. So stop forcing yourself to be a part of my life.”

However, she stood firm and tall, her smile still as wide and her eyes as bright as to when she first entered the classroom. She giggled softly, “Oh, that's what they always say.” She waved her hand as if she was dismissing the matter. Her hand was placed on her hip as she pouted, ”Besides, only a few weeks ago you—”

“That's enough, Nana.” Suho stood up from his seat, a firm look set on his face. He crossed his arms on his chest, “You're disturbing everyone's work here. Please sit down and be quiet.”

Nana scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Oh please, Suho. You can't tell me what to do.” She raised an eyebrow at him intimidatingly but he wasn't fazed.

“Maybe I can't, but I can give you detention. How about it, Nana?” He glared at the girl and smirked when she moved away from Kris' area and sat down on an empty seat beside Kaeun. He looked at Kris and smiled at him, which the latter returned. They both sat back down on their seats.

“Five minutes, Tao.” Kyungsoo whispered to him.

Tao groaned and grabbed his sketch pad in frustration. He took his pencil and immediately started sketching what he had in his mind at that very moment. Kyungsoo, Kris, Minseok and Suho watched in wonder as he swiftly drew lines and shaded his sketch. He worked fast and raced with the clock, determined to pass his work on time.

“He's not gonna make it.” Kris pointed out.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “He's gonna make it.”

“The question is... would it actually look nice?” Suho wondered as he tried to peek at Tao's sketch.

Minseok snorted, “Considering it's Tao, I doubt it.”

Tao sighed as he continued working, “Will you all just please shut up? Be like Yixing over there.” He nodded towards their friend who was seated in front of Suho, fast asleep. Kyungsoo pretended to think about it, “Nah, annoying you is just way too much fun.”

Suddenly, the sound of a loud timer resonated inside the room. Their teacher came back from outside and turned the timer off, “Okay, everybody. Pass your sketches. Don't forget to put your name on the paper!”

They ripped their drawings off of the sketch pad and passed it forward. Tao set his pencil down and sighed happily, “I'm done.” Kris took a look at his drawing and flattened his eyes, “Bubble tea? Really?”

Tao huffed, “I really want some, okay? We should get some later.” He smiled at all of them cutely, trying to convince them for a hangout by being somewhat cute.

Kris cringed and pushed Tao's face away, “Yeah, yeah whatever. Just stop making th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter