CHAPTER 2

A Song to Love

CHAPTER 2

                “Ma’am, are you okay?” Tae Hee was shocked by Kwang Sik.

                “Yeah, I’m okay. Where were we?” Tae Hee turned back to Kwang Sik.

                “Your car is ready, Ma’am.” Kwang Sik is Tae Hee’s butler.

                “Sure.” Tae Hee stood up and walked out of her office.

Everything happened so fast, all of them were still a dream to Tae Hee. It started when a lawyer who claimed himself as her family representative, came to her house at Qingdao, China. He invited her to visit her dying mother in Korea. Tae Hee resisted accepting the invitation, but she missed her mother so much.

She’s finally met up with her mother after years apart. Unfortunately, Tae Hee’s mother died after few days meeting with her long-waited daughter. Now, Tae Hee had to run her family business. The worst thing was, she left her only son who was in comma alone.

Six months passed, she missed her late husband and her son.

No one in Korea knew about her new family in China. All of them thought she’s still unmarried. Today, she couldn’t focus on her work. Her head was busy thinking about her sweetheart in China.

How’s he doing? Has he awakened? Does he miss me or not?

The questions kept bothering her. She had to find a way to meet her son.

 

                “Yogu, what should I do?” Tao was talking to Yogu, Dr. Changmin’s ragdoll cat. Yogu laid on Tao’s lap and meowed at him. Two months passed, the only information he had now was a photo of his parent. After Dr. Changmin investigated more, he got an info that Tao’s mother is in Korea. What made Tao so upset was;

                “How can I find my mum?”

Tao felt uneasy because he had lived at Dr. Changmin’s house for free. Tao decided to gain some money and rent the room which he stayed now.

                “Yogu-ah, I think I should go out and find some money to buy you some snacks, okay?”

Yogu played around Tao’s legs, she wanted him to stay and play with her.

                “I won’t be late for dinner. I promise you a tin of tuna. Bye!” Tao wore his shoes, grabbed his bag and left.

Tao saw an advertisement of a job to be offered. He entered the premise and met the supervisor, Kris. He then headed to Kris’s office to be interviewed. Kris agreed to take Tao as a storekeeper. Tao would be in charge in the cold-room and chiller. On his first day working, Tao had to memories all the name of the products and he had to record the total quantity of the stocks. Kris reminded him to be honest and diligent in his work.

 

Tao fed Yogu with tuna as promised.

                “Yogu-ah, I hope you enjoy your first meal from me. You have to be thabkful to be the first one to spent my money.” Tao was patting Yogu’s back.

                “Zi Tao, where are you? Can we have a talk?” Dr. Changmin was searching for Tao around the living room.

                “I’m here. Wait for me at the living room.” Tao replied from the kitchen.

Dr. Changmin lend down on the couch. Yogu who was still unsatisfied with the tuna followed Tao from behind.

                “Yes gege, what’s the matter?” Tao sat on the other couch at the opposite side of Dr. Changmin.

                “I got some informations about your mother.” He started.

                “Is that true? What have you got?” Tao looked so excited.

                “Her name is Kim Tae Hee. She’s 48 years old. The most important info is, two days after your accident, a lawyer brought her to Korea.” Dr. Changmin explained.

                “A lawyer? Is he a Korean?” Tao asked.

                “I do think so. Because, the neighbors said they were talking to each other in Korean.” He added.

Tao sat silently with Yogu right next to him. Yogu looked interested with their story too.