CHAPTER 3

A Song to Love

CHAPTER 3

                “We made a deal don’t we?!” BoA shouted.

                “Yes, Miss Kwon. But, this is an emergency case. The boy is now in the hospital. His condition doesn’t allow him to be in our team. About the theme ‘Kung Fu’, it’s a small matter. We can find a new boy for you.”

                “Stop giving me your excuses! Listen to me, I won’t return back to China and spend out any of money for other boys. My decision is final, bring him back to me.” BoA exploded. She grabbed her pouchbag and left the meeting room.

Tao was having his lunch at the café. He was a bit rushing. Tao had promised Yogu for another tin of tuna for her dinner. If he finished his work earlier, he can go back early and stop by at a supermarket nearer to Dr. Changmin’s house. Tao pulled out a smartphone out of his left pocket, the wallpaper was a photo of Yogu. The phone was bought by Dr. Changmin to make it easier for him to contact Tao when needed. Tao dialed up Krystal’s number. They promised to go to the supermarket together. Day by day, they became closer and closer.

 

                “Tao! You’ve a visitor.” Kris called Tao who was in the coldroom.

                “Okay, gege!” Tao changed his uniform and headed to the waiting room. A girl who was about 5 to 8 years older than him sat on a chair in the room.

                “Yes, may I help you?” Tao approached her.

                “Mr. Huang, don’t you remember me?” BoA shook hand with Tao. Tao was still confused sat in front of BoA.

                “My name is Kwon BoA. I am a singer and I’m now looking for you, Mr. Huang.” BoA spoke softly.

                “Me? What is it for? And how do you know my name?” Tao finally asked her.

                “6 months ago, I came here from Korea and held an audition for my new music video. You were one of the participators on that day. But, after my company decided to choose you, they told me to forget about wanting you and replace your place with other participator. Mr. Huang, I can’t just let you go. You are a talented boy and really love it. Today, I’m here to propose you to join me. Will you come with me to Korea?”  Tao froze with his eyes widely opened; shocked.

 

                “So, are you going to Korea?” Krystal slightly bend down her head to show her disappointment.

                “I don’t know yet.” Tao had a walk with Krystal at the park.

                “When is the flight?” Krystal still didn’t lift her head up.

                “She said the flight is on this weekend.” Tao clasped his hand around Krystal’s gently. She was shocked and lifted her face up to look at Tao. Tao then pulled Krystal into his arms.

                “Krystal, I won’t forget you even when you’re not in front of my eyes. I promise you.” They hugged each other warmly for another couple of minutes.

 

                “So, you’re going?” Dr. Changmin stood at the door.

Tao was busy packing his clothes into his luggage.

                “Gege, I’m sorry for not telling you about this. But, I’ve no choice. This is my only chance to find my mother.” Tao sat on the edge of his bed. Yogu looked weak and sad. She could feel Tao’s sadness. Tao clung Yogu in his arms and her fur softly.

                “Don’t be a naughty cat, okay?” Tao then kissed Yogu.

                “She’ll miss you, Tao.” Dr. Changmin teased Tao.

                “I know she will. And, I know you are going to miss me too.” Tao smirked out at Dr. Changmin.

 

At the airport.

                “Tao, we have to go now.” BoA called him.

                “Yeah, let’s go.” Tao looked a bit pale. His steps were so weak and slow. Tao queued behind BoA. As it reached his turn, his phone rang, it’s from Kris.

                “Sir, please switch off your phone before departing.” A stewardess who’s in charge at the front door warned him.

                “Wait a minute; I’ve to answer this call.” Tao ran out and gestured to BoA that he’ll be in the plane in a moment. BoA left Tao behind.

                “Hello, Kris-ge?” Tao answered.

                “Where are you?”

                “I’m at the departing counter. What is it, ge?” Tao turned around.

Kris and Krystal were running toward him.

                “Are you leaving my sister just like that? Do you want to die?” Kris teased Tao. Krystal came closer to Tao. As Tao hugged her, she cried heavily.

                “She cried the whole night.” Kris revealed Krystal’s secret.

                “Gege, how could you?!” Krystal slapped Kris’ shoulder.

                “You are the first one who broke the promise. You promised me not to cry, right? What is this?” Tao wiped Krystal’s tears. Tao kissed Krystal’s forehead.

                “Take care of yourself okay?” Tao loosened his arms. Krystal was still hugging Tao tightly.

                “Krystal, do you want to kill Tao with your killer hug? Come here, let him go.” Kris slowly pulled Krystal away from Tao. Tao waved to them and walked pass the main door to the plane. Krystal hoped Tao will return back home with his mother.

As Krystal put her hand on Kris’ car to open the door, something was hanging around her wrist. It’s a bracelet with the name ‘ZiTao’ and a little paper was pinned at the end of it.

Don’t flirt other patient at the hospital, promise? You’re mine and forever be mine. – Zi Tao

Krystal giggled at the note. Kris shook his head and accelerated his car on the road.