CHAPTER 1

A Song to Love

                “Doctor, Huang Zi Tao has awake.” Krystal rushed into the doctor room to inform Dr. Changmin about Tao.

                “Where am I?” Tao asked cluelessly.

                “You’re now at the hospital Mr. Huang.”

                “Mr. Huang? My name is Huang?” his question made the doctor and the nurse looked at each other.

                “Looks like you can’t remember your name. It’s normal for a patient who has just awakened up from comma.” Dr. Changmin set up an appointment for Tao to meet the neurologist. He was talking to the nurse in charge, Krystal.

                “Nurse, since when I’ve been here?” Tao questioned.

                “It has been 3 months. You had a car accident with your late father and comma after the surgery.” Dr. Changmin explained.

                “Late father? Do you mean I lost my father during the accident?” Tao’s eyes widened.

                “Unfortunately, yes! He didn’t make it to the hospital. When the rescue team arrived, they found your father’s dead body 3 meters from the car. He was thrown out of the car.” Dr. Changmin believed Tao is tough enough to accept the truth.

 

One month later..

                Tao realized that no one ever come to visit him. Krystal walked into the ward, as usual she’ll read and record Tao’s blood pressure reading on the sfigmomanometer and his body temperature too.

                “Don’t I have any family member?” Tao curiously asked Krystal.

                “I’m sorry, I’m not really sure about it. But, so far no one ever come here for you.” Krystal helped him to sit on a wheelchair.

                “After you father died, we tried to contact your mum, but we have no idea where she is.” She added. Tao was totally into Krystal’s story about his family.

                “But,..”

                “But what?” Tao moved forward for a bit.

                “She visited you once, during your comma.”

Tao froze, thinking of the next question that he would ask the nurse.

                “How does she look like?” Tao stared deep into Krystal’s smiley eyes.

               “Ahh.. Hmm..” She stuttered with Tao’s eyes locked at her. “She’s pretty. No, she’s so pretty. She has two big eyes, milky white skin and she’s actually a Korean.”

                “She’s what? Korean? Are you kidding me?” Tao surprised of his mother nationality.

                “I don’t know. That’s what people told me.” Krystal felt uncomfortable as Tao tightly gripped her wrist.

                “I’m sorry. Can you please let me go?” She pleaded in whisper.

He blinked few times before noticing how strong he had been holding the nurse’s wrist till it turned reddish.

                “Ahh.. Sorry.. I didn’t mean to.” He rubbed his back head.

 

 

               “Mr. Huang, here’s your stuff. Please stay healthy and make sure that you’ll take the medicine as scheduled, okay?” Krystal gave out her brightest smile.

               “Thank you, nurse.” He grabbed his bag walked out, heading to the exit door. One thing that Tao felt right now was the sadness of leaving a home. His legs had brought him to a park in the hospital area and lead him to a bench under a shady tree there. Tao decided to take a seat on the bench.

Three hours passed and Tao seemed like he didn’t realized it. He’s staring into nothing, alone in the park.

                “It’s hot here.” Dr. Changmin sat right nest to Tao. Tao, who was shocked, lifted his head up and looked at the doctor and faked out a smile. No word came out of his mouth.

                “Looks like you are thinking about something serious. Don’t mind to share?” His question made Tao once again looked at him.

                “Anything?” The doctor convinced him.

                “Actually, I don’t know where to go.” He replied shortly.

                “Have you tried to contact your family?” Dr. Changmin suggested.

                “I don’t know who my family is or maybe I don’t have one.” Tao was helpless.

Dr. Changmin stayed silence for another few seconds, thinking of a way to help his patient.

                “What if, you spend few days at my place while I try to find your family?” The doctor left the choice in Tao’s hand.

                “I’ve to say ‘yes’ for that idea.” Tao agreed.