One

Love in the Altar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lip gloss, check.  Blusher, check.  Narrow and short-but-not-too-short pencil skirt, check.  Diplomatic smile, check.  She tries to ignore the probing look she got from other people as she studies her reflection in the mirror.  They were just curious, she think.  Curious about who she is, and why they had never seen her before.  This is her first day after all.

 

The elevator makes a few stops, and by the time it reaches her destination, she was the only one left.  It is not surprising since her new post required her to be resided on the top floor of Jung building.  She heaves a last puff before she gracefully walk out, her face shining in anticipation as various pigments of fantasy displayed itself on her mind.  From her serving coffee to her employer during work (in which he thanked her by flashing that million dollar killer smile of his) to him looking at her fondly as he drove her home (he insisted even after she declined his offers) after a really tiring OT.  She smiled dreamily. 

 

Yes, she’d seen him before.  On the national papers.  She’d seen his stern and unforgiving eyes (the pictures had been stationary but his eyes gave her that vibes in almost every pictures of his she had ever encountered), his straight pointy nose, his sensual bow-shaped lips, his sun-kissed skin (some of the pictures were monochrome but that’s out of the topic isn’t it) and his smile (that never seems to reach his eyes, in her opinion no matter how joy-worthy the news it, be it him taking over large corporations in the country or him being named Seoul’s Most Eligible Bachelor multiple times).

 

She had worked far too hard for this, graduating excellently from one of the most exclusive secretarial academy in Seoul.  She almost jumped in joy the moment she heard about the current secretary of the CEO having to resign after she settles down with her long-time lover (the secretary’s sister used to be her teacher.  That’s how she knows of the news to begin with.)  She immediately resign from her job and sign up for the multiple interviews the Jung Corp held.  And now here she is, a step closer from her lifelong dream. 

 

It’s going to be fun, she giggles excitedly as her legs stop in front of a grand mahogany door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She winces bitterly as she heard yet another smack from inside office.  Her legs suddenly suddenly turns into jelly as her eyes fell on the tea tray she’s currently carrying.  Should she enter?  It seems like a bad timing. 

 

But- she reasons- it’s always a bad timing when it comes to Mr. Jung.  There was not a day where he didn’t give everyone his coldest glare for everything he finds peevish, even the tiniest of the tiniest mistakes there is, like the concentration of sugar in his tea.  He never speaks unless it’s absolutely necessary, but his eyes spoke enough volume. 

 

 

 She sigh, this is her 3rd month as the CEO secretary, and her dreams had never felt as unattainable as it does right now.  Not even when she hadn’t become his secretary and can only fangirl over him in the comfort of her bedroom.  She always knew he was cold, like really, pictures can’t lie.  And she can always see the sneer of bitterness carved upon his lips in every magazines he’d ever graced.  Call her oversensitive or overanalyzing or anything, but she know. Psychological studies were a part of her secretarial course in her academy.

 

But she never thought he’d be this detached.  She thought (or rather, hoped) he’d at least shows a little bit of warmth to his staff, particularly those closed to him, like her.  But she thought (hoped) wrong.  To him, she and his PA –yes, he’s got another PA that are hired to manage both his schedule and his private life- were no different than the rest of the staff.  The only good there is in them is their brain capacity and works, anything other than that is completely out of the picture.

 

She tensed up, her thoughts immediately flew out of the window the moment the door is opened.  Mr. Kim, their executive manager walks out, shoulder slumped and eyes casted downwards as he lifelessly walk past her.  She looked at him in sympathy. “He hates me,” Mr. Kim mutters slowly.

 

She looks around her, finding no one within his perimeter, except perhaps her.  So he was talking to her?  Don’t get her wrong, she’s not being a narcissistic .  It’s just that, she barely talks to anyone else but Mr. Jung’s PA, Han Seol.  And everytime she talks to him, it’s always about work. She never thoughts the upper parts of the company like Mr. Kim Jun Su here would want to converse to people like her.

 

She carved an encouraging smile.  “He hates everyone,” she corrected.

 

Jun Su grins upon hearing her, his smile is so wide she can tell he’s really friendly.  “You wouldn’t want him to hear you,” Jun Su warns playfully.  “Besides, this is different.  I’m not talking about his usual hate towards his employee.  The hate he has in me, it’s different.  I kinda deserve it,” he laughs bitterly.  “I mean like, not really.  Like it’s not really my fault.  It’s just that somebody did something and I had to pay for it.” Jun su mumbles.

 

“But seriously, I don’t even know why hyung would do that?  Mr. Jung is handsome, rich, nice, loving.  He has all that qualities woman seeks for in a man!   Well, it’s not like hyung is a female, God forbid, he hates it when people calls him that!  He’d skin me alive if he hears me right now and-“ Jun Su gaped, looking at her astounded expression. 

 

His face froze that instant as an awkward smile worm it’s way to his face.  “I spoke too much, hadn’t I?” he rubbed his nape awkwardly. He clears his throat before he nodded to her, stalking off to the elevator.

 

She watches his retreating back for a while, at least until the elevator door closes.  “Whoa, what the hell was that?  What was he talking about?” 

 

She stayed frozen in her place for a while, deeply thinking and musing.  When she decided that she had stood long enough, she blew a raspberry and turn towards the CEO’s door. 

 

She knocked on the door gently, and when she heard his voice, she enters the office, tray still in hand.  “Sir, your coffee,” she politely said.

 

Mr. Jung didn’t look up from his computer at all, as if she wasn’t there.  She wouldn’t know he knew she was there if he hadn’t speak. “Just leave it there,” he ordered short, hands still typing on the keyboard.

 

She nodded to his request and left the cup on the shiny mahogany table, the ones one can always see in rich people’s office in dramas.  Her eyes darted back to her employer’s profile as she stood there like a statue.  Funny how everything about her employer seems unreal.  Mr. Kim is right, he’s handsome, he’s dashing, he’s rich, he’s smart.  People like that should’ve only exists in dramas or novels.  Where the male character is perfect and female character isn’t, but he didn’t care and they fall in love.  But this isn’t a drama so he can’t be that perfect, right?

 

He finally looked up from his tempting screen which was filled with blueprints of his next project when he sensed that his secretary hadn’t leave yet.  There was a slight strain of disapproval in his face when he saw the dreamy looks she’s sending him.  “Anything else?” he asked sternly.

 

That seemed to have had snapped her out of her reverie as she shook her head profusely, tiny tints of red spreading across her face as she immediately bow. 

 

Maybe she’s wrong.  Maybe he is perfect, she thought as she walked out of the office. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“He’s perfect,” Hee Chul sigh dreamily as he rest his chin on top of his hands, eyes looking straight into the back of a guy.

 

The said male is currently sitting at the very front row of the lecture room, sitting quietly to himself while reading his notes amidst all those jumping bunch of bubbling monkeys around him.  

 

Even from his back, Hee Chul knew the man was from a different level than the other – Hee Chul scanned the other male students before he concluded – Neanderthals they had as classmates. 

 

Unlike them, he’s poised, he’s classy, elegant, refined.  He’s perfect!  And he didn’t know why, but Hee Chul got the feeling that he is dependable, just by looking at his back.  His shoulder is broad, the muscular type, while his back is tense and rippled and pleasing to the eyes.  He seems like the type of person one can always depend to.  For a second, Hee Chul wonders how it feels to snuggle close to the back.  It seems comfy~, he grinned foolishly to himself.

 

“Why don’t you just go over and kiss his feet?” he heard someone beside him remark.  Hee Chul’s eyes narrow down to a slit as he smacked his friend’s head off. 

 

“What?!  I was simply being helpful!  You were ogling at him as if he was made of gold!” Yoo Chun whimper as he rubbed his sore head begrudgingly. 

 

“I wasn’t ogling!” Hee Chul rationalize, “I was simply watching with great interest.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter