Rain, Toad, Muffin & Sweet Hugs

Fight for Love

 

 

Ignore the grammar and enjoy this. Jongin character here is resembled of my niece.

 

Baekhyun keep fiddling the golden handkerchief in his hand. His delicate fingers trail the pure cotton material while his mind battling whether he should return back this fine handkerchief or just keep it as a sweet memory. This thing is not cheap what is Baekhyun know after he saw the initial embroidery in the corner of the handkerchief. The initial showed ‘P∞B’ and Baekhyun very confident that the infinity symbol represents the never ending relationship between the two.

Baekhyun feeling uneasy to have something precious like this. The Alpha must treasured this too much but yet give it to Baekhyun just to wipe his tears. So in final decision he determined to return back to the Alpha and thanking him for his kind heart accompanied Baekhyun on that night.

Luckily, Jongin came in that day after he finished prepared pumpkin muffin for the Alpha. It’s not nice in Baekhyun opinion to not give anything as a return for the Alpha. And having Jongin as his companion to make his nervousness fade away, was a good idea. The little toddler, of course excited to follow him as he always adored the Alpha after his Joonmyeon once see him.

In that evening, the cloud is getting dark sending along a sound of lightning. Baekhyun is not fond of bad weather.  He almost cancelled his plan but Jongin stand in front of door already prepared with his tiny yellow umbrella in his hand and he’s already wear the yellow raincoat which Baekhyun think it too bigger for his body. The bright red boot only made him too adorable to handle.

“Hyung~I’m not getting back even you cancel your plan. My mom gives her permission today and you already know her right? It’s not easy to convince her to release me in this weather.”

“But, It will be fun to enjoy a warm milk while sitting in the window and enjoying the rain scene. I thought you hate getting wet?” Baekhyun and in return the little boy giving him the most adorable pout.

“No~ I wanted to see the Alpha. It’s not fair Joonmyun got to see him while I’m not. I have to see him Hyung~” Jongin jumping in little loop and trying to be cute to persuade Baekhyun.

It’s not like Baekhyun can win against Jongin. So, the plan is getting on. Baekhyun put the muffin in fined container and wrap it with cotton cloth to make the muffin keep warm. At first Baekhyun want to decorate the muffin in the bamboo basket so it will look like a gift but in this weather, he thinks he just wrapped it using a beautiful cotton cloth and put in the backpack. In this way, the journey will be easy as they need to walk a few kilometers in the rain and the muffin not being ruined by the rain.

Baekhyun wearing a light blue raincoat and it covered up all of his body and the backpack. He’s wearing the chocolate dark boots and he almost sure he’s not getting wet as the raincoat is too bigger than his size. Looking at outside, the drizzly rain is not heavy and he decided to not bring the umbrella. They can use a bus stop or any shop as their temporary shelter if the rain and storm keep getting bad.

 

 

Jongin can’t stop talking about his huge crush, Little Joonmyun. Baekhyun never see him but he wanted to know what he look alike and why Jongin is so overly attach towards this boy. While he don’t stop talking his mouth munching a pumpkin muffin and Baekhyun need to always watch him as he always go to small puddles and jumping in without even care of anything.

Both of them already had mud in their raincoat and moreover Jongin seemed liked it if the mud is all over his boot. Baekhyun spotted some of the mud stuck on Jongin face and he wiped it using his thumb. Jongin swinging the linked fingers of his and Baekhyun and never stop talking about this and that.

Baekhyun noticed some women and man gives him a warm smile and praised him for to be a good dad. They said, both of them are cute and Baekhyun’s shocked expression appeared when one old lady asking him where is his wife. Baekhyun honestly told that he is still single and this little one is his best friend. Jongin only grinned in amusement when he sees his hyung in red embarrassment.

It’s not far away from the temporary mansion of the Alpha, but suddenly the downpour giving him a hard time to continue the walk. His hair is wet, and in every minute he has to check the backpack to make sure the muffin in good condition.  They sit on the bench prepared by the owner of the clock shop. The kind old man voluntarily, made a bench in front of his shop for the pedestrian so they can wait for a while from getting wet in rain.

Baekhyun having a little chat with the old man named Kim Heechul. While Jongin busied himself poking a toad with a stick.

“The Alpha is really nice. The elite people usually don’t socialize with us but I saw him once when he lost in the market. He looked comfortable with village people and I almost didn’t know he is the Alpha if I don’t notice the wolf council mark on his hand.”

“Wow, so you talk to him?”

“Oh yes, and I must said, he is the most polite person I ever met. I help him find the way out and in return he’s asking me to have a lunch with him. But I have to make a run to my shop because one of my client meeting so, with heavy heart I have to refuse his offer.”

Baekhyun suddenly remember his precious dumb giant friend. The Alpha personality is same like him. Chanyeol too come from respected wolf bloodline but he never compares himself with the others. Chanyeol eat the tasteless canteen food even the canteen prepared the luxury food for the elite students. He never touch a little of that food. Chanyeol willing to shared his textbook when one of the students forgets to bring it. Chanyeol voluntarily help to organize charity campaign and he didn’t get enough sleep just to make sure everything is perfect. Chanyeol refused to follow his family vacation trip just because Baekhyun is having a bad fever and his mother not around because she’s admitted in the hospital after break her hand.

Chanyeol is everything that everyone doesn’t have.

Chanyeol is everything that Baekhyun doesn’t have.

Chanyeol is everything in this world.

And now, Baekhyun doesn’t have Chanyeol.

It’s only a one person but the emptiness like a thousand people.

“This time, the council is choosing a right leader. Wolf and wolfdog waiting for this moment to come where we all live in one family without spills a blood and tears.”

“If my father’s is still alive, I’m sure his bright smile never fades away. I still remember how we are struggling to protect our family from dictator Alpha army. My father willing to sacrificed himself just to save me and my mother from being taken away by them. Before your era, the hard time is miserable and the Alpha is the cruelest person in wolf history. Wolfdog is taken as a slave, e and the child are trade in the black market.”

“No one happen to stop them?”

“Of course there is one little group, they formed the group after they feeling like this cruelty need to stop. It’s a one simple group being lead by a greatest leader ever existed. Too much surprised, they successfully take a throne from that disgusting creature. They agreed to make their leader as the next Alpha and coincidently the leader is from pure blood wolf.”

Baekhyun and Heechul give their attention to Jongin when the boy squealed in joy after the toad, jumping in his raincoat pocket. He’s giggling while his hand patted the toad head.

“But why the wolfdog still degraded after I’m being born if they succeed to abolished all the cruelty?” Baekhyun asked in anticipating attention.

“He is the nice leader but his family mostly greedy to make more money. The political condition is getting worse when the Alpha is died suddenly after he’s attending one ceremony.”  His light up his tobacco pipe and inhaled the smoke slowly. Baekhyun eyes keep following where the smoke will go and disappeared in thin air.

 “He’s died?”

“No one knows why and what the cause of his death, but one of my dad friends’ told me someone poison him. Rumor said, the family members disagreed to abolished wolfdog grade and that’s why they killed him to make sure his plan not gonna happen. Until then, the next appointed leader has to carefully make a decision because of this accident.”

Heechul is one of the veterans who are still alive today and Baekhyun feel grateful to met him and heard his story. For sure this not including in his history lesson as in that time the wolfdog is still degraded and the little rebellious group never mention in the book. Heechul is lucky to meet that leader. His experience is too much bitter and painful. His father death, his mother disability and his sister hard time in being e, Baekhyun can’t imagine if he’s in that place. The pain is too much to bear.

Heechul apologized about not prepare anything for him to warm himself. Baekhyun is fine and he’s the one should thanking him to allowed him sit for awhile here.

“Hyung, can I keep ‘Crong’ as my pet? He is lonely here and I’m afraid he will be sad if I leave him alone.” Jongin hoped in front of Baekhyun and Heechul while the toad comfortably rest on his head.

The little creature is not fond to look at or having an idea to keep a toad as a pet might be too hardcore for most people. The light brown toad is not cute and it has a dry leathery skin. The toad sound is not nice to hear and Baekhyun can already imagine the pale face of Jongin’s mom when she saw her dearest son keep a toad as his pet.

“Sadly, no Jongin. Toad can’t be keep as a pet. They’re hard to take care of. Beside they’re a wild animal.”

Jongin happy expression is fell and Baekhyun feeling bad after that. Jongin is different from other kids. When most of kids target on the cute one, he is only attract on the weird things. And Baekhyun starting to mad at himself when he’s suddenly think if that Joonmyeon kid is look like weird strange looking face.

Heechul smile and he excuse himself to go back at the store room for awhile. Jongin pouted his mouth and take a toad from his head.

“Crong, I guess we have to separate. I wish you could see Myunnie because he like toad and bug so much! But its okay, I can bring him here to visit you.” He put it down the toad on the ground and the toad happily jumping away from Jongin and disappeared in the bush.

Now Baekhyun knew where he got that exotic obsession.

After that scene, the rain is slowly stop but the dark cloud still covered up the sun. The windy air made him and Jongin shuddered in coldness.

Baekhyun politely bid’s one farewell from Heechul and the old man handing him a little pot full of various flavor of candies.

“This for that little one for his sadness break up with his lovely toad.”

Of course in the meantime, having a pet as a toad suddenly forgetting by Jongin when he rubbing the little pot on his cheek and cherished it with a lot of thanks.

 

 

 

It’s nice to walk around in outside after rain. Even it’s not bright but the windy air is fresh and the scent of rain is so strong. It was the scents that calm Baekhyun down.

Because the pot is made from the glass and easily to break, Baekhyun take out all the candies and filled in Jongin raincoat pocket. The pot is keep nicely in his backpack and he’s always remind Jongin to make sure the candies is not drop away from his pocket and the wrapper must throw in dustbin. And Jongin look ridiculously adorable with fat pocket in both side.

 

“What? The Alpha decided to live here? You’re not telling lies right?” the middle age woman voice got Baekhyun attention when he stop for awhile in the cafe to get a warm milk for Jongin.

“Why should I lie about it when this news I got it from my uncle? He’s working for the council and of course he knew about it.”

Baekhyun secretly listen to the conversation while his eyes focusing on Jongin.

“The Alpha refused to leave this village and he directly spoke up when they having a private meeting.”

“This is a small village and we don’t have anything to offer him. What makes him changed his mind?”

“The council is confused too. My uncle said the Alpha will make this village as his administration centre and help us to get a better life.”

“He doesn’t make a sense but didn’t mean I disagreed with his idea. I mean he is so kind, handsome and powerful and I wonder why he wants to stay here.”

“I don’t know. He just mentioned something precious which belong to him brighten up this village.”

 

Jongin ‘woah’ and ‘oh’ is non-stopping come out from his mouth after they reach the mansion where the Alpha stays. Along the walk path to the mansion they are accompanied by a various blooming flower. Baekhyun have to persuaded Jongin from pick up any of the flower because just think how much effort to take care the plant until it’s produced a beautiful flower. Jongin is too full of spirit but in the same time Baekhyun need a rest from him.

They stand up stiffly in front of the giant wooden gate. The wolf carving is too beautiful and Baekhyun really interested to know who the person is made this fine art.

The deep cough make Baekhyun flinched and he almost screamed when the tall figure hovering over him and Jongin. Jongin quickly hide under Baekhyun rain coat and the only thing you can see is his bright red boot. Now, Baekhyun has four feet.

The person is so tall and Baekhyun cursed himself for being tiny. He’s a man to but why everyone told him his body looks like a woman.

“The beauty and his pet I see. Can you be more adorable?”

Baekhyun give a sharp look, offended by the stranger word. He don’t know why, but lately he is so sensitive of the word of sweetie, dear, beauty and anything that so girly.

Jongin suddenly struggling out from Baekhyun raincoat and give the fiercest face he can do. His little step is full of courage and rage. He stopped his track in front of the giant.

“Hello Mister, I’m not a pet you know? This is Kim Jongin the bravest and the strongest.” Jongin to looked up very highly because a wide different height.

Baekhyun blinking froze with that scene.

The stranger is chuckled and his big hand reaches Jongin cheek. He pinched the both side of cheek. Jongin is struggling to slap that big hand.

“Oh~ you have the most adorable face and you know what you deserved this.” The man release his hold and handing Jongin a bar of chocolate. Baekhyun started to feel jealous when he’s only can look that boy devoured the sweet thing.

After handed the chocolate, Jongin hugs the man legs and mumbling ‘this is expensive chocolate’ and ‘I saving this for Myunnie’.

The man giving Baekhyun a comfort look and he feels like this man anticipated about his visit today. The blonde hair makes him look like a foreigner and from his lean body figure Baekhyun can guess this man is work out.

“I’m sorry about the sudden visit, but if you could give us permission may I see the great Alpha?” Baekhyun bows a little and politely asked. He doesn’t know what position this man hold but if he can walk around this mansion with that expensive suit, he must sure one of the council or the staff here. But he’s mentally prepared any rejection because it’s not easy to meet an elite person. The security is so tight and who is Baekhyun to meet him.

“Well, of course you can.”

“W-what?”

“You want to see him then I bring you to him. I just want this entire thing over with happy ending.”

Baekhyun don’t quiet catch that. He gladly follows the man.

“By the way, you can call me Kris. I’m one of the council and the best friend of the Alpha.”

Baekhyun nodded. They enter the main living room and he felt shame after looking at his boot. Dirty and covered in mud. The floor is made by fined wood and of course Baekhyun take this seriously.

“Er…Mr. Kris, I think I just wait at outside. Moreover we just want to give something to him and it’s not that important.”

“Ridiculous, it’s so cold outside. I don’t want he kill me if I don’t treated you nicely.”

“It’s fine. Really. It would be nice if you could help me to give this thing to him.”

Kris look at Baekhyun and the container cover up with cloth in his hand. They look at each other silently for about 2 minutes until suddenly Jongin tugged Kris sleeve. 

“Baekhyun. Please. Speak with your heart and deliver with faithfulness.”

He waved off his hand wishing him luck while lifting up Jongin like a piece of paper. The boy enjoying so much with the action and Kris muttered something about car and chocolate. He noticed Jongin eye lit up in happiness.

Oh. How did he even know his name?

“Baekhyun? Walk directly until you see the big portrait, then take left and after three doors, the fourth one is the Alpha room. Just knock it, I sure he is not busy. Well he will busy after he see you.” The smirked is giving him an uneasy feeling. He wanted Jongin follow him but the two figures already gone in between the big bush.

Baekhyun take a deep breath. The silent in the mansion is kind of uncomfortable. Baekhyun don’t like a big house. He rather has a small wooden cabin with a fireplace and decorates his house with different type of flower.

Baekhyun nervously follow the direction until he stand in front of the black door. The initial A is of course represent this is the Alpha room and why that Kris allowed him to meet this Alpha like he is an old friend.

He knock slowly, afraid if too loud it will only shocked the others.

He knocks again after not getting any response.

He knocks twice little bit louder. Oh god is Kris play on game with him. He swear if this a trick Baekhyun will stuff all the muffin inside his mouth.

Final act, he banging the door after his patience can’t be control anymore.

‘I will kick his like a piece of trash.’ Swear Baekhyun before he grip his knuckle hard and ready to give the loudest knock.

Before his knuckle can even landing on the hard material, suddenly the door is open and Baekhyun mentally cried and willing to be punish with anything because he definitely sure his knuckle will make a contact with the Alpha face.

And, everything is stop like someone controls the time. His knuckle only few inch almost touch the other face and warm source on his wrist is the proof the Alpha had caught his hand.

But that’s doesn’t matter because right now, the person, that person he’s once cherished for a long time ago, is holding his hand with the priceless expression.

With tousled hair and crumble T-shirt, the Alpha widening his eye and tightening his hold.

“C-Chanyeol?”

“Baek…?”

They missed this. Sharing the look to each other. Baekhyun missed Chanyeol curly hair and right now his hair is so matured with cut clean jet black color. Baekhyun missed to pinch the bony arm until he can feel the bone but today, the well build muscle take over that place. Baekhyun missed where Chanyeol is only few centimeters high from Baekhyun and this time, Baekhyun only reach his chest. Baekhyun missed to smell coconut scent because one day Baekhyun challenge him but right now he can smell musk and masculine scent.

Baekhyun missed the old Chanyeol and today he got to him but old one never return back.

This Chanyeol is hard to reach. Yet he really wants to have a piece of his heart.

Funny on how Chanyeol can change himself into a successful person and Baekhyun is still Baekhyun after this year. The gap between them is like sky and earth where both is really close but never attach together.

“So, how are you?” the deep voice, similar with the voice that comfort him last night, pulled up his reverie. Baekhyun cursed himself to not realize this too soon.

The small force from Baekhyun hand is a sign he wanted Chanyeol release him. The Alpha almost read what in his mind and let it go the beautiful hand even though he missed to touch them.

“I’m…fine.” He spoke to slow afraid he can’t control his emotion and burst in tears.

‘It will be okay Baekhyun. Just give him the handkerchief and muffins and after that all settle.’

“If you purposely coming here only to give back my handkerchief, I suggested you can keep it.”

He sighs in desperation. He didn’t come here to play pull and push. Dear god, he willing to walk in the rain just to return back this thing and right now the ungrateful Alpha told him to keep it?

“Listen, I would not waste my time to argue that or this. I would appreciated if you could take back your handkerchief which is doesn’t belong to mine and respect my visit.”

It was so tense and Baekhyun hate this situation.

“Whatever, you already waste your time by return that thing. If you don’t want it then just throw away.”

Oh, how much he wanna punch his face. His knuckle almost turns to white and he can feel his nail digging his skin. He clenched his teeth in anger after Chanyeol expressionless giving him a hard time.

“You know what? I’m taking back what I said about apologizing to you or whatever I spilled out that night.”

“You think I even care? You think I desire your apologize?”

“Listen­­­----“

“No Baek. I don’t think you have a right to say any word right now. I’m so stupid to wait you every night hoping you will appear in front my eyes and guess what? It was not ing happening. You ruined my life but I never mad at you. You broke our beautiful friendship but you don’t even trying to fix it.”

“Then, why not you fix it?”

“Because I have no guts! I’m ing coward to face you. It was a nightmare every time I remember back the time you leaving me alone without any words. If I fix it, I’m afraid it will break again!”

The harsh breath broke the silent between the two. For the first time, they argued over something stupid. For the first time Chanyeol dared to yelling at him. For the first time, there are no loving gazes given by the taller to him. And for the first time, Baekhyun think this is not Chanyeol he ever misses.

“I worked hard to become most successful Alpha so one day you’d notice me and come back to me.”

It’s hurt but no one say anything. The beautiful relationship maybe can’t be fixing. Or, maybe Baekhyun need to move on.

“Either you accept this or not, I leave it here and it’s your own choice to keep or to throw away.” Baekhyun finally give up. He is so tired with all this thing.

Baekhyun placed the wrapped container along with the handkerchief on top of it on the coffee table beside Chanyeol room. His intention is to say thank you to the Alpha.

Baekhyun stepped a few step back away from the silent Alpha. From the cold air in that room, Baekhyun can feel the pierce gaze from Chanyeol. He bowed down politely; as he remembers Chanyeol is his Alpha. The great Alpha that a long time ago sharing sweet moment with him.

Once Baekhyun looked up to say goodbye, suddenly the soft thing slammed into his face. Shocked of what happen he blinked his eyes while realized he’s smell a strong scent of musk on Chanyeol’s chest. It was different from the last time he hugged the giant. It was a hard and bony. This time it was soft, firm and very soothing. Then he could feel the warm breath on his head, like the giant buried his nose in his hair.

“Chan---“

“Don’t. Please Baek.”

His deep voice is wavering. Is he crying?

“Please come back to me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun almost cut his finger with the scissor when suddenly Jongin rushed in the shop. The young boy is not alone when Baekhyun noticed one cute pretty boy with white skin being dragged in by Jongin. Baekhyun smiled when he see the pretty boy hide behind Jongin in shyness. He is so beautiful with chocolate brown hair and shining little eyes. His lips are red like a cherry.

“Hyung, this is Myunnie, my future wife and Mommy to my kids!”

Joonmyun face started to red in embarrassment.

Baekhyun kneeled in front of two little kids. Jongin is so possessive because Baekhyun can see how tight he held the little one hand.

“Hello Joonmyeon. Is this your first time come here?”

Joonmyeon nodded but still hiding behind Jongin. Jongin seems like it because he can be more intimate with Joonmyeon.

“It was your lucky day because I just made a one beautiful flower crown today. Do you want it?”

“I…I really like flower.”

“And bugs! And toad!” Jongin interrupted suddenly because he just feeling jealous his favorite hyung not giving any attention to him.

“Woah~ I just got the feeling someone is jealous here. Don’t worry Jonginie, you’re always my number one dongsaeng but Joonmyeon might get that place when you still cheating in test.” Baekhyun while pinched his cheek. Joonmyeon giggling, funny when he look at grumpy face of his future husband.

“What about me? I was your favorite too.” Chanyeol come out from nowhere, spoke beside the kids. The pouting and the buing buing aegyo are so hardcore to see.

“Stop it Chanyeol. It’s so disgusting you make that cute face.” Baekhyun stand up and put his hand on his waist.

“But you said cute just now.” Chanyeol smirked and stand beside his beloved one. He placed his big hand on Bakhyun waist and whispered “just admit it that your y and hot husband is so cute either in outside or inside our bedroom.”

Then he Baekhyun ear slowly as he trying to feel every inch of Baekhyun body.

“Y…Yah! Control your hormone giant. Can’t you see we have an underage guess right now!” hissed Baekhyun in red. He quickly pushed Chanyeol muscular body only is pushed again by the giant.

But Jongin and Joonmyeon is busy to notice what happen as the tall boy very focused in placing the flower crown on top of Joonmyeon head.

Jongin voice made Baekhyun squirming under his husband hug.

“So Myunnie, Kris hyung said, when you kiss me, you have to use your tongue also so the kiss will be sweet.”

“You mean like this?” Joonmyeon ask while stick out his pink tounge.

“Yup! We have to each other tongue. You want to try it?”

 

“Yah! Kim Jongin!”

Kris got a kicked on his later on.

 

 

 

 

“Park Chanyeol.”

“Yes Park Baekhyun.”

“Where’s in the world my t-shirt and pants?”

*crick* *crick* *crik*

“And why this wardrobe only is filled by your clothes?”

“Don’t know. Maybe you misplaced your thing I guess.”

“Okay. Then I just go outside like this.”

Baekhyun wears his socks and sneakers while he’s only in boxer and Chanyeol oversize T-shirt. The milky shoulder is exposed and holy bloody wolf spirit, Chanyeol is okay if they have a seven round that day. That is why Chanyeol loved Baekhyun linger on their cabin house only that outfits.

“Why are you so nastier day by day? This is the last warning Chanyeol. If you hide all my clothes, then I will seduce the other wolf by these clothes.”

“Aw baby~ you wouldn’t dare.”

“Huh! Try me!”

“You wouldn’t baby because today I will make you even sore and can’t remember your name for the whole week.”

Baekhyun feel like crying. Just how come the lovely Park Chanyeol become the y beast in just 2 years after they’re married?

 

Blame Baekhyun for being y wolfdog.

 

 

 

/clapping like a retards/

So, it’s finished. There are no or y time but hell yeah we have a y wolf wearing Chanyeol T-shirt.

Thank you for the subscribers and the voters. This story is nothing; just wanted to share Baekyeol feels with everyone.

And I would like to make an announcement, I will continuously used Kris in my stories and Krisho is always my favorite pairing. No one can stop me. I’m unstoppable.

 

p/s: my mom said my bob cut hair is like a mushroom.