Chapter twentyone

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...sister..."

"..a familiar voice.." Joona's eyes fluttered open only to be met with Sungyeol's face. The young boy's hair was brushed and he was already in his school uniform.

"I'm hungry Joona!!" He pouted. 

Joona slowly sat up and realized that she was home, in her own bed. Or "mattress". 

She looked around, confused. Indeed she was home but how come she had overslept? She never did that. Also, why did she question herself if she was really home? What happened yesterday? 

She began to scan her memories, yesterday she had school and then she went to work... 

"Kh..!!!" She curls herself into a ball with both her hands on her head as if she was suddenly attacked by a headache. 

"I remember." She shakes her head. "The apartment.. the black clothes with blood stains... and.. and Hwang Myungsoo pointing a gun at me." 

"Joona what is it?" Sungyeol continued to pout next to her not realizing his sister was shaking. "I'm hungry Joona... dad made breakfast but I can't take it down from the counter. He told me to wait for you." 

Joona slapped her cheeks, "Calm down." The last thing she remembers is that everything went black before her eyes but she was sure that he hadn't moved from his spot nor did he fire his gun. 

She turned to look at Sungyeol, "Sungyeol, listen to me. How did I arrive home yesterday?" She asked him with dead serious eyes. 

Sungyeol looked like he was thinking hard about it, "Hm.. I think someone knocked on the door and when I opened Myungson as he called himself carried you right into our bedroom and put you down here. Then he smiled and said that you had passed out during your work." He smiled. "Then he said he had ordered pizza to me since you couldn't cook!" 

She couldn't believe him. Had Hwang Myungsoo actually carried her home? He let her live after she uncovered his secre- wait. She hadn't uncovered it. She didn't know what he was hiding yet, but she knew that it was something. On top of that he was carrying a gun, and those black clothes. Could he possibly be...

 

She froze. 

 

It was in the news, they had clearly warned about a person dressed in black who had been spotted in countless murder cases. Hwang Myungsoo was also carrying a gun and it certainly didn't look like it was his first time. 

"JOONA I'M HUNGRY!!" 

Sungyeol's voice dragged her back to reality, away from her thoughts who began to scare the hell out of her. 

"Ah.. I'm sorry I'll prepare it immediately!" She gave him a weak smile and headed to the kitchen. 

"This... is absolutely ridiculous." She thought as she put the plates of  scrambled egg, bacon and bread on the small table in front of the tv where Sungyeol was seated.

She knew something was up with the twins, but not.. something that could turn the whole country upside down. No, the whole world. As she thought about the extent of what Myungsoo could possibly be and what it meant her head started to spin even more and she thought she was about to pass out. 

That's why... the reason she was alive. Why would he let h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter