Chapter fourteen

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Omo what do we have here?" 

Jessica and Bora were standing in front of Joona, blocking her way. As expected they both were dressed in dresses, their hair were curled and their make up was up to pair with celebrities. 

"I thought you wouldn't come" Jessica said as she eyed Joona up and down. Plain was the perfect word to describe Joona right now.

"I mean, after what Haeri did I really thought you would stay at the hotel and rest." She tossed her hair back. 

What Haeri did was unexpected and well.. Joona couldn't hate her for that could she. But Jessica, it really felt she just continued being mean to her unlike Haeri who had been somewhat kind to her. 

"Yes and I wouldn't have to meet people like you. Unfortunately things doesn't always go the way one had planned." Joona spat earning a glare from Jessica. 

"It's not too late to leave now. Sooner or later you'll under stand why you won't ever fit in." Jessica scoffed before walking off with Bora. 

Joona rolled her eyes, "Like it's the first time I've heard that.."

She turned to walk into the living room where everyone were gathering and chatting with each other. 

"Good day young lady." 

She whirled around. 

A man in his fifties were looking at her with kind eyes. His almost grey hair was combed back and he was dressed in a burgundy colored shirt and black pants. He was quite thin. 

"Good day sir." She bowed. 

"I'm the head of this house, Hiroki Toyoda. May I ask who you may be?" He asked with a soft smile. 

Joona figured out he must have been the CEO of Toyoda since he was alike Sasuke. Tiffany must have been right about the Toyoda's not liking to dress up too much since Joona expected him to wear a tuxedo or something like that. 

"I'm Jung Joona, I attend Hanyang by a scholarship." 

His smile fell. 

Joona knew that not every single person would enjoy hearing the fact that she was in fact not a heir. But did they really had to show it the way this man did?

"I see, that school is still doing such charity." 

It didn't sound like a question. More like he disliked the fact that Hanyang let someone like her attend it. 

"Such kindness that school, I surely must applaud that." He smiled again but the smile never reached his eyes. "Since we have nothing to discuss, pardon me as I take my leave." He bowed slightly before going to someone else to discuss what he couldn't with Joona. 

Oh what she felt like walking right out of the door and never come back. 

But if she did that she would admit that he was right and that she wasn't worth her place in Hanyang which she definitely was. 

Joona stomped to a table in the corner of the room, covered by plants who were extremely high and beautiful. On the table were small delicacies and wineglasses with champagne. 

Joona started to dig in since there was nothing else to do here. 

 

"Having a hard time?" 

 

She turned around with an irritated face. 

 

"Hwang Myungsoo." 

 

He stood around two meters away from her with that smiling face everyone loved. 

"Shouldn't you ask yourself that since Tiffany just worried about you." She thought about when they talked about him in the taxi. Tiffany looked sad since she couldn't help him. 

"I heard you walked around the city with her, thank you." Even his voice was literally smiling. "Sometimes an older brother has to do what he has to. Today I just felt like doing that errand alone and let Tiffany have some spare time. If you have younger siblings you would understand too." 

Joona understood why he did that. But they were twins and Sungyeol was more than ten years younger than her, that's different. 

"You don't have to act so overprotective. You're twins, she's only a few minutes younger than you and is as much capable as you to-"

Ugh, why did she even care? Why did she continue arguing for Tiffany? It's not like they're close friends. 

She looked down to the floor.

But as Joona remembered the face Tiffany showed her during the taxi ride... Never had Joona seen such a sad face on Tiffany, the bright and cheerful girl. 

 

"OOOIII MYUNGSOO!" 

 

Myungsoo turned his head and Joona followed his eyes but couldn't see who it was since the high plants were obscuring her sight. 

"Thank you." He said before he walked to talk to the one shouting his name. 

Joona looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter