Bench and Guitar

Ultimate Fangirl's Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chaerin looks at her reflection while dusting her skirt off. Tonight is her ultimate crush’s biggest night for finally, after a week of waiting, it will happen…

 

…the night that will change their lives.

 

It was pretty fun to stalk him throughout her school days. Heck, he was the sole reason why she enjoyed being a student in the first place! Jiyong taught her so many things she doesn’t know. And the biggest contribution he gave her was…she learned how to love…

 

…and how to be mature enough for that special person. That even though it will pain her to see him with somebody else, as long as he’s happy, then she should also be.

 

Her phone rings, indicating that her friends are already downstairs waiting for her.

 

‘Oh crap! I haven’t even tell them that I’ve already disposed my ticket. Well, I could just leave after we reach the venue and pretend that I am sick. I just hope they will buy it.’

 

Upon descending to the stairs, she immediately spotted the beaming faces of her friends. Minzy grabs her hand while Dara and Bommie bid goodbyes to her parents. Outside their gate is a taxi waiting for them. Chaerin instantly remembers her moment with Jiyong and how he found a taxi for her despite of the pouring rain just because she wanted to go home. Shaking her thoughts off, she silently prays that she won’t break down when they already reach their destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my gee! Is my make-up okay???” Dara worriedly looks at her compact mirror upon arrival. Bom flips her hair while Minzy wears her cap, leaving Chaerin to pay for the cab. ‘Aigoo! I should have known they will do this! Aish!’

 

“Okay, let’s go to the queue! Bring out your ticket girls!” Bom yelled as the other two did what they were told. Chaerin was about to open her pouch when she realizes that she has no ticket with her. ‘Ooppsss…’

 

“Ahh, girls? Ahhh…”

 

“Oh what’s this? A freebie???” Dara shrieks as someone passes a miniature cupcake candle along with a mini lighter to everyone on the queue. Bom and Minzy got excited with that stuff while Chaerin feels her breathing heave. She knows what it means… for she knows what is bound to happen.

 

“Cool! This is so cute!” Bom claps upon receiving hers.

 

“Those cupcake candles will be lightened when Jiyong Sunbae performs his solo song.” That guy instructed.

 

“Really?” Minzy looks at Chaerin teasingly, only to find her gloomy aura. “What’s with the face?”

 

“I…” she bows down, “I couldn’t find my ticket…”

 

“WHAT??!!” the other three shriek simultaneously.

 

“I think I have lost it. You can go inside now, I’ll just go home…” she said, fighting the huge urge to break down.

 

“Rinnie, no!” Dara stomps her feet. “We promise your parents that we will bring you home. What will they say to us if we let you go alone?”

 

“And besides, our tickets came from you. We will feel guilty if it’s you who can’t watch…” Bommie’s smile drops.

 

“It’s okay girls. Juts go inside. Aigoo… Fine! How about I will wait here on the bench for someone who’s willing to sell her ticket for me? Is that okay now? Just save me a sit and we will be fine.”

 

“A..Are you sure?” Minzy doubtfully asks.

 

“I am! Before the concert starts, I will be there already! I promise!” she smiles and pushes the three off. She then walks away and heads to the empty benches.

 

“You better move fast and please buy me a corn!” Bom yelled before Dara pulls her inside the mini stadium.

 

‘Of course…’ Chaerin sighs when her friends are no longer around. “Anyway, when they found out about his plan and started confessing to her, I am sure they will understand where I am coming from…” she lifts the cupcake candle and enviously stares at it. “You are so damn lucky…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been an hour since her friends successfully enters the venue. Chaerin dejectedly sighs for that means it’s also been an hour since she stupidly sits and waits in this bench. Sitting beside her is the Cupcake candle waiting to be lit up. She can hear faint sounds coming from the stadium and that serves as a cue that the concert already started. ‘Aigoo… the girls will kill me if I go home alone, but I just can’t stay here, wondering about him and that girl…’

 

She grabs the lighter and light the candle up. The aroma of the freshly baked Cupcake fills her nose. ‘So it’s a scented candle? That girl seems so special huh?’

 

‘If only I could stop my heart from beating, I would. I don’t want to feel this pain any more…’

 

‘Jiyong….’ Her heart calls for him… but maybe his heart is calling for that girl now.

 

‘How damn lucky could she get?’

 

She looks around, hoping to see someone in particular and that’s when she realizes that she’s all alone. Slightly panicking that a bad guy might approach her, Chaerin gently bite her lips and grabs her phone. She’s about to call her friends to inform that she will go ahead of them when a strum of guitar halts her move...

 

 

 

…and when that guitarist started singing, she feels like her soul left her body temporarily.

 

 

 

There are times
When I just want to look at your face
With the stars in the night

 

 

 

Chaerin slowly turns around, praying and hoping that the owner of the voice is the one she’s always been dreaming of. Her body is shaking and her soul seemingly leaves her body because of the numbness she feels. Upon seeing his handsome face, it took her a great strength not to break down into tears because of the sudden bliss that he gives her.

 

 


There are times
When I just want to feel your embrace
In the cold of the night…

 

 

There standing before her is the man she used to ask the star for. The man who made her believe that doing cliché things are fine as long as it’s for the one person you love. The man who made her more than willing to take those desperate measures just to attain that wish she was goading for… HIM.

 

“H..How co..come…” Chaerin covers in surprise.

 

“May I? Is it okay for me to sing the last line now? Will it be fine to claim that you are mine?” he tearfully asks her, still strumming his guitar. “I’ve been stopping myself from the start…but if you will give me the permission now, then I don’t think I can fight this feeling any longer… Just say it please…Just give me a chance to own you…”

 

That’s when realization hits her. That last line prior to chorus…

 

 

I just can't believe that you are mine now…

 

 

“How…since…when this… Why didn’t you tell me?” she softly asks, still can’t believe what’s happening right now. Her tears slowly falls too, wetting her cheeks.

 

Jiyong walks closely towards her. He gently wipes her tears and smiles wishfully before continue singing again.

 

 

 

(Cause) You were just a dream that I once knew
I never thought I would be right for you
I just can't compare you with
anything in this world
You're all I need to be with forevermore

 

 

Chaerin couldn’t help but smile, reminiscing the time when all she could do was to stare at him from afar, wondering when will be the time he will look at her back. Now standing before him, Chaerin could only enjoy the bliss of this moment hoping that she won’t wake up yet so that this dream won’t stop. She breathes in and out deeply before finally letting him see what her heart desires as she sings what she feels for him…

 

 

 

All those years I've longed to hold you in my arms
I've been dreaming of you
Every night,
I've been watching all the stars that fall down
Wishing you would be mine…
 

 

 

 

He smiles as he listens to her. “You don’t know how long I’ve tried to man up and face you like this…” he whispers.

 

Chaerin started sobbing for this seems so surreal. “Then you don’t have any idea how long I’ve been wanting to hear that from you…”

 

“I am sorry. I know hiding my identity screams cowardice but I just don’t know what to do. I am so helpless Chaerin that when I’ve came up with this idea, all I could think of was…’Will she like it? Will it work?’”

 

“But I thought… I thought you’ve already like someone else?” she bows down.

 

“I do…it was you.” He said, before wiping her tears.

 

“But you said you like that Cupcake girl…” she pinpoints the Cupcake candle sitting at the bench. Jiyong’s brow creases and asks her…

 

“When did I say that?”

 

“When you had that conversation with TOP, when you two are in the…” she stops immediately upon realizing that her secret will be revealed in no time. Looking at Jiyong in alarmed, she bites her lower lip in embarrassment.

 

“When TOP and I were…?” however, Jiyong keeps on pursuing the issue.

 

“Huh? I…Aigooo…” she scratches her head. “Let’s forget about that! Still, you like someone else already! How come you are my… my… my stalker?”

 

That successfully makes Jiyong look away. “Ahh…well, I’ve already told you that..I have no courage to face you so that… I’ve just decided to confess to you secretly. I… Well, I know that for you, that tactic is for coward men only but Chaerin… it was really hard to confess to someone who’ve already rejected you before. I mean…how could I…?”

 

“Hold up! Rejected you before? Who did reject you?” her eyes widen in shock.

 

“You!” he pinpoints his finger at her.

 

“Me?? Why me?” she shrieks.

 

“Well, it was my fault though but still, you rejected me. Uhm, do you still remember when you sat on your cupcake way back our elementary days?” he nervously asks.

 

Chaerin’s face automatically fumes and her lips keeps on twitching upon remembering that day. But wait! How come Jiyong knows about it?

 

“Why do you..?”

 

“I did it…” he clasps his hands in defense as if she will do something.

 

“What??”

 

He scratches his head, “I said… I am the culprit. Remember that boy who looked like a stick with four eyes? That was me…”

 

Chaerin just stares at him.

 

“Are you listening?”

 

However, the girl just keep on staring.

 

“Hey? Chaerin???” Jiyong waves his hand on her face, trying to catch her attention.

 

“That…skinny boy… with…thick eye glasses… is you?” finally, she asks, still shock with the sudden revelation.

 

Jiyong shyly nods at her then look down. “I didn’t mean to do it. You see, when it comes to you, I know I can do many stupid things. That’s the main reason why I’ve decided to just stay away from you and just take my action as secret as possible… I am sorry Chae…”

 

“But…But why did you put the Cupcake on my chair???” she complains. She opens her backpack where the pieces of notes are located and shows him, “And these? How did you manage to give me all this???”

 

“Err…the Cupcake incident, well...I know you might call me stupid with this but… I put it in your chair because… because…”

 

He peeks at Chaerin’s face before looking down again. “Because…Errr….I thought… I thought you will ask around who took it. I… I was hoping that you will ask me instead. But you continue sitting so I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter