[1] Archery

Yoo are my target

Archery. The history behind archery is that this practice is used for hunting. It is a skill where arrows are propelled with the use of a bow. If one participates in archery, they are called an Archer. An Archer has to keep an eye on their target. Why am I talking about archery? I have one good reason.

Right now, I feel like I'm a target.

I can hear the ticking sound of the clock above the whiteboard. My professor is speaking so slowly, the wind is blowing faster than his mouth can move. Thirty more seconds and the bell will ring and I'm out of here. I'm about to run from one classroom to another. It would be great if my next classroom were in the same building but that's not exactly the case. I'm forced to run from the top floor, run down the stairs and transfer two buildings over. Did I mention that I only have 5 minutes to do so? 

Here I am, packing up my notebook and pencil case in a flash and running out the door, bumping a few classmates in the process. It doesn't matter though. I can't be late for class. I have a perfect attendance record and I don't want to break that with just a few seconds in difference. Don't look down on me just because I'm punctual.

I dodge a couple holding hands and hogging the hallway. I turn and quicken my steps now that I'm at the staircase. One foot after another, carefully gripping the rail. I turn again and bump into some guy. I fall but get up fast thanks to mister clutz over here.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Yeah."

I get up and not take a second look. I continue running down the stairs. Third floor... second floor... ground floor! Now I just have to run and get to my class. I'm running like the wind and I make it just in time before the next bell rings. I sit down at the back and catch my breath. I probably look messy and haggard but it doesn't matter. I made it and I can submit my report. My economics professor walks in, his glasses reflecting the sun's rays and hitting my eye. I look down to avoid the light and see my bag open. It's not supposed to be open. I realize that my fall at the staircase probably opened up my bag. That's fine. For as long as my report---

"--is not here..."

"Okay, class. Your reports are due today and I have high expectations. This report is worth at least thirty percent of your grade and seeing as how you most of you failed the mid-term, this report is your last resort in passing this class. When the bell rings for dismissal, please leave your report on the desk."

I'm screwed.

I'm dead.

I'm f-cked!

I can hear the ticking sound of the clock. Is it the clock or is it the pounding sound of my heart? Or maybe it's the ticking sound of a bomb about to go off since I feel like once the class ends, I'm dead. I'm practically dead anyways. I didn't do well in the mid-term. I worked so hard on that report and now I lost it. No... it's not lost. I know where it is. It should be at the staircase. It has to be there! I just need to excuse myself for a second and--oh wait. It's in the other building... it means I'll have to run to get it. How will I do that? I had to sprint just to get to this building. How can I run and come back without the professor getting suspicious?

Tick tock tick tock

The impending sound of my doom is coming to a close.

The class is almost over and I don't know how to get my report. Is it even still at the staircase? Maybe... ah! Maybe the guy that I bumped into has the paper. Maybe I can look for him and--oh... I don't even remember his face. Did I even look at his face? Ugh. Why does this day have to be so bad. I grunt as I slam my forehead against the table. I probably have a couple of classmates staring at me like I'm a weirdo. They can think all they want but this is my grade I'm talking about. It's my future. I need my report or else I'm--

Tiiing Tiiing

Class is over. Breathe, Ami, breathe... you can do this. Maybe if you explain your situation calmly, Professor Choi can extend the deadline for ten minutes. That's possible, isn't it? Okay. The students are placing their reports on the desk. I'm walking from the back to the front of the classroom. I'm just a meter away. Here goes...

"Professor, I--"

"Excuse me, are you Professor Choi Youngsoo?" a guy cuts me off. 

He doesn't look like he's from this class. He looks like he just came in. How rude of him to cut me off. Did he even see me?

"Yes. Do you have a concern, young man?"

"I have this report. It says 'a submission to Professor Choi Youngsoo of the economics department'. It even has the classroom time and venue so I just brought it here."

"That's very nice of you. Give it here."

I walk over to the desk and look at the paper and... it's my report! My report! This is a miracle!

"How about you, young lady? Do you have a concern?"

"Oh... uhm...no, sir."

"Where's your report?"

"Uhm... you're holding it."

"Am I? Oh. You better thank this young man, then."

I turn to my left and bow to the guy. I thank him and feel a little embarrassed. He's probably the same guy I bumped into. I don't know him and after this incident I'm forced to be kind to him. Don't ask why... it's just the way human nature works.

"Thank you for bringing my report to my professor."

"It's not a problem."

There's a short moment of silent awkwardness between. I don't want to prolong the agony.

"I'll be going now--"

"No, wait!"

"What?"

"Uhm... what's your name?"

"Yoo Ami."

"Uhh... nice to meet you. I'm Kim Junmyeon."

"Now that we've exchanged names... Thanks again, Kim Junmyeon-sshi. I have to go to the library now so...see you around." I hope not.

"Wait!"

I groan in annoyance. He keeps telling me to wait. Why can't I just leave?!

"You owe me."

I hear these three words come out of his mouth. I owe him?

"I... owe you? What do I owe you? Ah. Do you want me to buy you a meal or something? I'd understand that."

I take out my wallet and bring out a 10-thousand won bill.

"This will probably cover you a few meals."

"I don't want money."

I sigh. 

"Then what the hell do you want then?"

"I want to take you out on a date."

Bullseye

AUTHOR'S NOTES

OH HELLO THERE~ Who knew I'd actually start a fic like this. HAHA. If you want some background information... or maybe you don't. But I'm gonna tell you anyways. I'm having these ~feels~ for Suho and Chen lately. They may not be the most popular in EXO but there's something charming about them. I finished watching EXO's Showtime and it gave me a glimpse to how their personalities are. "Yoo are my target" is my fantasy fic. It's a fusion of the realities of life and my fantasies.

I want this fic to be real. I want you to understand Yoo Ami as if she was one of your friends. She's not just an ordinary girl. She has flaws. As you can see, she prioritizes studies instead of human interaction. She's more concerned about her future than the present. You'll know more about here in later chapters.

I just want you to sit back and enjoy the series as it goes. Thanks for reading!