I'm Sorry

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been thinking lately about you and me
And all the questions left unanswered
How it all could be and I hope you know
You never left my head and if I ever let you down
I'm sorry.

- I'm Sorry, Sleeping With Sirens

 

[Junhyung’s POV]

 

It was like a wake up call for my longtime sleeping sorry the very moment I saw Hyunseung lying on the cold floor of the practice room. All of my senses stopped and left me with nothing but to only stare as Gikwang immediately released Jiyong from his hold and went at Hyunseung’s side to check the unconscious man.

 

. I felt so pathetic and useless for doing nothing at all!

 

I don’t know why all I can do is stare and I hate my stupid self so much for this! Albeit I didn’t miss Jiyong’s glares while he too carefully approached his step brother and helped to carry Hyunseung in his arms.

 

As much as I hate Jiyoong’s guts, I hate him more for touching what was mine—what was supposed to be mine.

 

This made me quite alarming of course. He just can’t take Hyunseung away from me like that.

 

“Where are you taking him?!”

 

Thank heaven my voice managed to return and not be stuck at my throat.

 

“Stay out of this, Yong.” Jiyong spat while still glaring at me. Slowly he moved his self with Hyunseung in his arms towards the door without really minding that my presence is a threat at all.

 

“Wait.”

 

Of course I tried to stop him.

 

I need Hyunseung. I badly need him.

 

“Don’t worry about it, Junhyung. We’ll take care of sunshine. It is probably best if he’ll not see you around anymore.”

 

I won’t deny that Gikwang’s words felt like daggers shoot straight at my heart. I thought among the two of them, he’ll be the understanding one but I guess I just lost the chance to redeem myself for staying around so long in silence and letting his best friend to suffer all this time.

 

I quite understand though. I for all honestly hated myself too.

 

But I have no choice but did what I had to do. After all I’m not doing it for myself alone. Hell, I rather kill myself if I’m only doing this for me but no, all of it—all of the heartaches—all of the sacrifices—all of the tears—all of the betrayal and painful parting were only for one reason: to protect Hyunseung.

 

I may sound to be some pathetic finding for something to blame and reason out in my defense but I am telling the truth. And I don’t ask for anyone’s opinion to believe me or sympathize with me however if Hyunseung will only take this the other way around then I’ll be totally screwed for life.

 

He is the only one that truly matters to me.

 

Out of the burning frustration, I ran my hand over my hair and sighed heavily before sliding down on the cold floor. Maybe I’m not ought to be as strong as I had believe I was. I can’t deal how everything is happening in rush and it’s only making me more mad than before.

 

The sudden appearance of Hyunseung last night literally shook my entire world. , for the past seven years, I make it sure that the probability of our paths to cross again will be close to zero but obviously something still managed to pass my tight leash and lead into this kind of situation now.

 

I meant it when I said that I don’t want anything to do with him anymore after this dance lesson. I want him out of my life because I want him to live in peace in which I cannot hardly do if he’ll stay at my side. He could be in any danger if he is with me. And hell I die first before something dangerous will happen to him.

 

I only wanted to protect him even if it means to sacrifice my own happiness for his sake.

 

And so I won’t allow putting into waste everything I’ve sacrificed for him just because of this sudden meeting again. I’m not supposed to give in. And it scared the out of me when I saw the brokenness in his eyes from earlier and to think that I did in deed, gave in, I supposed I should thank Gikwang and his damn step brother for ending right away before some unusual stuff may happen.

 

Looking at my surroundings after calming down, I decided it’s my cue to leave and rest at my place. I quickly grabbed my suit jacket and tie from a chair and drove off to my apartment.

 

I was really exhausted and undeniably worried and anxious. The amount of thoughts lingering in my mind about Hyunseung’s current condition is enough to make me go crazy and suffocate me to death. And I never thanked Dujun’s presence in my life except for now. I have no choice but to call him and lash out everything that is bolstering up inside my chest before I go completely insane.

 

You must wonder why Dujun is helping me right?

 

Of course I asked him. He is my only hope for this ed up situation. The only person I trust enough to look out for Hyunseung throughout these years.

 

Flashback Seven Years Before

 

Usually I am so used with my parents not around at my side hence this sudden information of my father calling me to meet him at the mansion is quite making me stirred of any possible reason why this must happen. It’s not like I’m hostile to them but I never like these kinds of meetings. The very last I had was when I was still in New York and he simply blurted out that I’ll be moving in Seoul like it’s so normal and not by the fact that Seoul is in freakin’ Asia.

 

Now I don’t regret though instead I should be thankful at him because if not for him then I wouldn’t have met my angel.

 

I can’t help but smile as I remember my bambi. He is just so perfect and amazing. I could not ask for more, really. Except for us to be together for a longer time. Maybe I could share this juicy information to my father some time during our chat.

 

I know that they do not mind my ual orientation at all. I never heard them complaining or what but I never heard them agreeing either. They simply said nothing. And I hope for tonight that it won’t result to a huge bickering or any arguments.

 

Hell, I would fight for what or who I love.

 

Swiveling my car towards the parking space, I turned off the engine immediately after. I got off and made my way towards the entrance of the big mansion. Mr. Choi, our butler is already in front of the door awaiting for my presence to come.

 

“Good evening, young master.” The old man greeted me as I approach him while bowing.

 

Geez, I hated living like some kind elite spoiled brat. The formalities are not necessary but my father and mother will surely kick their asses out if they find out I’m letting them slid off whenever I’m the only one around the mansion.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Choi.” I returned his greeting while smiling at him. I’m very fond of the older man since whenever we went he will always come with us and literally serve at my family. My mother said they had him even before I was born and so I highly respect the older man more than anyone.

 

“Master Yong is already waiting at his study for you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter