Truth: part 2

A Light Within Darkness.

-6-

"I think I mentioned being brought up in a secret lab before. 

Well, my name is Minho, you two know that, and I don't have a last name. Choi was something I came up with. Actually, I never had a name. Mother used to give me an index number, like all her other subjects, and others who were working there started to call me Minho when I grew older and started to help with the experiments.

Come to think of it, I've never known Mother's name. Even though I know she birthed me, that's why I call her 'Mother', she was anything but motherly. To her, I was just one of her other test subject, and it turns out that I was a successful one. She wanted to enhance the human's abilities, and I had the mentality and abilities of an adult by the time I was seven. I am able to go for longer periods of times without sleep, and my body is able to withstand much more damage. Sickness is a rarity since my immune system is much stronger. I heal faster and am able to adapt faster. 

But growing up in a isolated laboratory without interactions from others of my age deprived me of a normal childhood, I supposed. I never knew what games are, and the only use for a laptop is to do research and document things. By the time I was ten I had became a part of the group of scientists. I was no longer a 'helper', I was participating in the testing of drugs and surgeries. 

15 and I was leading a group of scientists of my own, and by then Mother was no longer interested in me. She had another successful subject and his name was Kai. Mysteriously she passed away soon after he was created, and I took over in taking care of him and studying him. 

Back then I was doing a lot of hybrids. Different species of animals were joined together. It was interesting and I was expanding it to humans. Kai got me interested in human enhancements though, and I started studying that too.

When I was around 17, my first successful subject was created. A human-lupine, or a human and wolf hybrid. He was fast and strong, despite looking quite skinny and small framed. His claws were surprisingly powerful, and could easily slice skin open. His senses were enhanced, enabling him to see in the dark, hear sounds we cannot and a sense of smell rivaling a bloodhound. 

His name was Kim Kibum, and that picture you found was of him," Minho murmured, picking up another picture of Kibum. Jonghyun's eyes widened and he made a mental note to remember the beauty's name.

"A few months after I successfully created Kibum, another subject of mine came out successful. He was an enhanced human being like Kai, who helped me out in the making of him." His fingers drifted over to the leather book and pulled out another picture. 

Striking turquoise stared into the camera, long cascading white spilled over the floor where he sat, blending with the tiled floor and the white cloth that covered his thin, pale body. Water was still dripping off him, beading on his porcelain skin and frozen in the picture. It was taken just after he was taken out of his growing chamber; his 'birth'. He could still remember his shy and quiet demeanor, confused but curious eyes scanning the room while they dressed him up and placed him into his room. 

"I named him Lee Taemin."

The other two men peered at the picture, then Jinki spoke up. 

"So... How come you're here and not in your secret facility place?" A scowl settled on Minho's face. 

"Well... Taemin was a special subject. His creation was revolutionary. 

He was telepathic, and was extremely intelligent. His powers were godlike, and it was still growing. Two weeks and he was able to read minds and communicate fluently, and we wanted to use it to help the society, solving crimes and stuff. But the other scientists had other ideas when I showed them what Taemin could do...

And they kicked me out."

"Ouch," Jonghyun winced. "Wait a second, you're younger than me?"

Minho blinked. "I'm 19 right now. That was last year."

"Jesus ing Christ, Minho. What am I doing with my life..."

Jinki laughed. 

Minho didn't seem to get it, and instead went back to his story with a worried look on his face. "Well... I'm not sure what happened to them after that. The lab moves every now and then to stay hidden. And the other scientists aren't exactly nice..." He sighed. "I just want to make sure they're safe and well. I wanted to bring them to the world outside. There's so much more to see and discover..."

 

A/N: New chapter, and I'm planning to finish with this fanfic quickly so I can work on others :D thanks for subscribing and commenting, y'all!