Truth

A Light Within Darkness.

-5-

"M-Minho...?" The words that came from him was chilling, and the silence was thick and uncomfortable and he was just standing there. Eyes blank and unfocused. Face pale and frozen in fear. It worried Jinki a bit. Maybe he should've gotten him to sit down first before trying to get him to explain himself. 

He turned to look at Jonghyun, who was equally tense and pale. But at least he shrugged slightly and returned his gaze, instead of Minho who continued to stare blankly at the floor with wide eyes. 

What was he supposed to do? It was like the papers were written in a whole different language. But indeed he recognized a few words, but not enough to actually made out something coherent. 

Jinki could tell that Minho was a good person though. Though they didn't know much about the young man's past he had seen the care in his eyes when he helped an elderly customer or just talk. The way he listened intently to Jonghyun's excited babble about games that he wasn't even aware if. Minho was a gentle and calm soul, so much older than what he actually looks. Yet at the same time so young and clueless it hurts. 

Tentatively he took a step towards him. Still no response. He took two more strides, bolder and faster this time before gently placing his hand on his shoulder. 

Minho flinched to violently he thought he was going to fall over. 

His eyes blinked rapidly as Jinki steadied him before they settled on his own. 

"Lets just sit down first, okay?" he spoke, as gently as he could, afraid that he might trigger something in Minho again and scare the kid less. "Lets just uh... calm down a bit?"

Minho gulped, breathing heavily before shakily nodding. 

So the three of them sat awkwardly on the couch again, facing the TV. Jonghyun grabbed his can of beer and chugged everything down in a few gulps. 

"So... are you ready to talk now?" Jinki asked after a couple minutes. He couldn't stand the silence. He wanted it over with and he knew, whatever it was it probably wouldn't be that bad. He was pretty sure that Minho wasn't a raging sociopath or something. 

As an attempt to comfort and encourage him, he gently gave him a pat. He just flinched again. 

Jonghyun gulped a bit before speaking too. 

"Hey- uh... I'm sorry about ...that. I shouldn't have messed around with your stuff like that..." 

Minho's entire body slumped with a loud sigh, and he covered his face with his hands. Jinki patted him again. 

"It's not your fault. I suppose... I can't hide it forever..."

"So are you going to tell us what's going on?" Jinki immediately piped up. Maybe a little too fast. Minho peaked out from under his fingers and stared at him, almost pleading.

"Can we not talk about this?" His eyes seemed to say, and it made him feel bad to pushing him. But Jinki stood his ground. 

"Alright f i n e," Minho gritted out and sat up a little straighter. "This will probably take the whole night."

 

A/N

Alright this is the last chapter I have saved, and I probably won't continue this story unless people want me to. I have it fully planned out and all, but I feel like I'm writing for nothing and continuing it would be pointless. If you'd like to know, in a few chapters these three will be traveling to find the lab with the help of Teamin's occasional mental messages and two certain lab subjects who had escaped. Then they will break into the lab only to find something they had not expected at all. 

That's all I'm gonna reveal. Also, should I write a fanfic in which SHINee is a band like the real world, but 2min quarreled which lead to Teamin leaving the apartment to 'cool his head' only to get attacked and tortured by rabid saesangs? Tell me in the comments or message me. If you have other ideas go ahead and tell me too.