For science

A Light Within Darkness.

-4-

His head was spinning, his heart throbbing almost painfully in his chest. Not good not good. He couldn't think straight like this.

"Get out," he growled at Jonghyun. "Now. Leave."

The other's eyes widened at the sudden harshness in his words, but then shrugged and glared at him. "Jesus ing Christ, Minho," he snapped. "Calm the down. You happen to draw and Photoshop images, so what? They are just ing pictures."

"They aren't Photoshopped." Minho's head turned towards Jinki sharply, and was even more horrified when he saw him looking through his notes. His hand shot out to grab the papers, but surprisingly, Jinki was much faster. "Explain this, Minho."

"I am not obliged to tell you anything.This is something personal-"

"It's not personal when you hurt people, Minho!!" Those words hit harder than he expected, and he took a step away, his face paling.

"I didn't hurt anyone!" he yelled, losing his composure. But then again, he caused Taemin pain and suffering because he gave him those powers, didn't he? All of his experiments, he made them different...

"I didn't... I didn't hurt anyone!!" But his voice faltered, his entire body shook. Was it guilt? He shook his head, trying to clear it. Emotions were unimportant. Emotions get in the way... Now he need to protect his secrets, and if he want to do that, he need to be calm and he need to be able to think.

Jinki calmly stood up and placed the papers down on the table, pointing at it. Once again Minho paled, his heart racing and all of the little calmness he managed to regained was lost. "Then explain this," Jinki said calmly, though there was an edge in his voice and he dared not look at him in the eye. His gaze was fixated on the papers, he silently noted the pictures glued on to them. The notes of the failed experiments. Those subjects who weren't even named.

Teamin and Kibum... they were two of the few experiments that was successful. That lived. Two out of hundreds that failed. Two... of the hundreds that had died. Did that made him a murderer? He tried to make all those that was suffering enjoy their last moments, so called, but there were too many. Cages after cages of them, and he knew that the other scientists who look over them weren't as nice. Sometimes when he entered the room and heard their cries, he just wanted to end it all. To save them from being further poked and prodded. But for all experiments, for all projects, it was necessary to learn from the failed results to improve on the next. They need to see what went wrong, and that means more tests, more experiments, more pain.

It was horrible, but it was necessary, wasn't it? That was what he was taught after all. All of their sufferings were well paid off. It was all for the sake of science.

"You have five minutes, Minho." Jinki's words rang in his ears. "Explain."

His eyes darted towards Jonhyun, who looked downright shocked, and then back at the papers.

His mind raced to think of a lie, an excuse for the strange content of his notebooks. But Jinki was already skimming through the papers, his face shocked and confused as he flipped through pages and pages of science that he could not understand. Written to explicit details with equations and words that he did not even knew existed.

"How do you even know all these..?" His voice was a mixture of awe and shock, a breathy whisper that barely reached a silent Minho.

He bit his lips.

"I... My mother... was a scientist," he mumbled, his mind faraway. Should he even call her that...? "She... raised me... in a lab." Flashes of her appeared in his mind, her words that was repeated over and over to him as a child still stuck with him. Haunting him when he was alone at night, ringing in his ears like she never left.

"You, too, are an experiment, Minho. You are one of my first successful creations and I made you special. I used my own body to bear you. You should be grateful.

But that doesn't make you any different from other successful experiments.

You are to obey, and do whatever we say with no complains."

And he did just that.

He understood.

It was all for science.

 

A/N: I've been really discouraged to write lately. Sorry for the late update, though I don't think many are reading this.