Time is Ticking

A Light Within Darkness.

-1-

1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. 7 hours, 47 minutes and 35 seconds, he thought.

1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. 7 hours, 47 minutes and 35 seconds- wait no- 48 minutes and 2 seconds ago, he would still be in the lab. He would be going to Kim Kibum's room in about one minute, and he would be talking with him and joking around for a while before giving him his meal. For a five months old human-lupin hybrid, Kibum was an extremely fast learner. He could already read by then, and talk fluently in Korean. A couple of times he even uttered a couple of English sentences, which Minho assumed that he picked up from his conversations with the other foreign scientists. 

Then he would go to Kai's room. He probably didn't have to, since Kai had been around for a few years now and his mind and mentality had developed as much as his body. He was Minho's mother's creation, her last before she passed away. 

Kai was an... interesting subject. One that made Minho stray away from experimenting hybrids for a while. He didn't know much about how he was created, since he wasn't the one who made him, but he did found a couple of notes and books in his mother's room about him. The fact that Kai wasn't a hybrid, that he was a super human, fascinated him. An enhanced being that could easily blend into the society, unlike Kibum whose blood was different from a human's and had two ridiculously obvious wolf ears poking out from his head. 

His healing abilities was many times better than that of a human, his bones was denser and his muscles stronger despite not being as big as a normal human. On top of all that, he had an extremely good memory and his intelligence rivals Minho's. 

But he looks just like a normal human teen. And he acted like one, too.

Taemin was the last to be visited. It's not that he didn't like him so he avoided him, but every time he saw him, his heart just thumped a little faster, butterflies formed in his stomach. Minho didn't like it. He couldn't understand why he felt that way. To all his other creations and all those that he  helped to take care of, he was a good friend, a father figure or a big brother. He treated them with care and caution, held them dear to him, but never did he past the point of platonic love. Taemin made him feel differently though. 

He was only two weeks old, but his mind had developed so much that he could understand Minho clearly. They sometimes managed to hold a small conversation, though he would get distracted easily and they would play instead. At first Minho was quite disappointed to find that his first enhanced human didn't really have anything special other than his beauty. Taemin had looked frail when he first seen him, and tests on his bones and muscles didn't  came back with anything extraordinary. The only thing that was different from a normal human then was his long, silky white hair, and his big and clear turquoise eyes. 

Barely two days later Taemin started talking. In Minho's mind. 

It had never crossed him that Taemin could be having other 'enhancements'. He couldn't believe that he had created a telepath. Before he told everyone else though, he made sure that Taemin was ready. He told him his plans and made sure he understood and agreed to them. They had decided that they would wait a couple of weeks before telling the rest.

1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. 9 hours, 25 minutes and 47 seconds ago, he would be excitedly telling the other scientists what Taemin could do, and how he could help in solving crimes, find missing people and basically helping the world to become a better place. Teamin had agreed to everything, he had told them, he wants to help. 

But then they disagreed, wanting to keep the boy to themselves and use him for their own benefits. He tried to fight against them, but what could he do against an army of guards anyways? 

1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. 9 hours,  52 minutes and 35 seconds ago, he would have been knocked out, and two hours later, he would wake up to find that he was out of the organization, lying outside the building on the cold hard ground, knowing that Taemin and the other experiments would no longer be protected by him. Or his deceased mother. 

Knowing that now that the others had finally gotten rid of him, they were free to torture, destroy and use the creatures for the sake of 'science.' Knowing that Taemin, Kibum and Kai could die at any moments. 

----------

A/N: first chapters done~ I hope you like it ^^ do give me comments and suggestions!