Good Night

Good Night

“I don’t wanna sleeeeep hyung,” Sehun whined, grabbing the hem of Luhan’s shirt and preventing him from going to their bedroom.

 

“But I’m sleepy Sehun-ah. Hyung is really sleepy,” he pouted back at Sehun, secretly wanting to give in to the younger boy just because he looked really cute. ‘Just like a five year old,’ he thought.

 

“But hyung, I’m not sleepy.”

 

“We can just cuddle in bed until you are.”

 

“Why can't we just cuddle here?”

 

“Because it's not as comfortable here.”

 

“I don't want to,” Sehun pouted.

 

“Ok fine, you asked for it,”  Luhan gave him a smirk and slowly crept closer to the boy.

 

“W— wait. W— what are you—” Sehun was cut off when Luhan attacked him with tickles. “L— Luhan s— stop,” his words were mixed with violent giggles because Luhan knew all of his ticklish spots.

 

“Let's go to sleep Sehun-ah,” Luhan sang, not stopping his endless tickles.

 

“N— no,” Sehun fought back, trying to kick Luhan off of him but he ended up falling off the couch with him, using Luhan's body as a cushion for his fall.

 

“Hm. I see. This is what you want to do,” Luhan raised a brow and smirked at the reddening boy on top of him.

 

“N- no. It's not like that hyung. Let's just go to sleep,” Sehun stuttered.

 

Luhan successfully managed to drag the mopey boy upstairs with him and they snuggled up to each other under their fluffy blankets. Luhan draped an arm around Sehun and pulled him closer, burying his head into the younger’s hair and inhaling the sweet scent of his shampoo— strawberries? He sighed in content and they stayed wrapped around each other.

 

Luhan quickly fell into a deep slumber. Sehun, however, was still wide awake. He felt the older’s calm breathing and knew he was asleep. However, what on earth was he supposed to do until he fell asleep?

 

“Luhan-ah,” Sehun whispered, but he received no response.

 

“Hyung, are you awake?” he tried again. Sehun pouted and buried his head back into his hyung's chest, hoping he would be able to fall asleep as well.

 

About ten minutes passed and Sehun was yet to be sleepy. He decided against waking Luhan up and instead, thought of several methods to make himself go to sleep. First, he tried counting sheep but he lost track after one hundred.Then he tried deep breathing, but he soon mixed up his breathing pattern with Luhan’s. Sehun gradually became restless and fidgety. ‘Maybe if I exercise, I'll burn off some energy.’

 

He carefully slipped out of Luhan’s embrace and got out of bed. He tiptoed downstairs into the living room. It was pitch-black and he d the wall, trying to find the light switch. As he was doing that, he accidentally kicked a shoe, stubbing a toe and landing with a loud thump. ‘Damn, this wasn't supposed to happen.’

 

Luhan came running downstairs, screaming, “WHO'S THERE? SEHUN-AH, WHERE ARE YOU?” He flipped the lightswitch, only to find said boy on the ground, clutching his toes.

 

“It— It really hurts,” Sehun was on the verge of tears.

 

“Thank god you're okay. I thought some murderer broke into the house and you weren't there when I woke up and god Sehun I thought something horrible happened,” Luhan sighed in relief, falling to his knees to give Sehun a hug. “But what were you doing down here?”

 

“I— I couldn't sleep hyung and I didn't want to wake you up because you looked so peaceful sleeping and I’m so sorry for—”

 

“Idiot. I would’ve sang you a lullaby or something if you told me you couldn’t sleep. Anyways, what’s wrong with your foot?”

 

Sehun explained the whole story, starting with his attempts of counting sheep to tripping over a shoe in the dark, blushing and not wanting to meet Luhan’s eyes because his story sounded ridiculous.

 

“Cute. Now go wait on the sofa and I’ll be back,” Luhan said, ruffling Sehun’s hair and running upstairs. He came back with blankets and plopped them on Sehun, “Do you want tea or milk?”

 

“Milk. Top grade milk. Milk with—” Sehun said in a singsong voice.

 

“Calcium and 8g fat. Okay. Just make yourself comfortable,” Luhan disappeared into the kitchen.

 

Sehun wrapped himself in the warmth of the blankets but he grew impatient. ‘What’s taking Luhan so long?’ He rose and entered the kitchen, finding his hyung standing still in front of the counter. The younger slowly tiptoed closer, discovering that his hyung was dozing off. ‘I’m not the idiot, this is why I didn’t want to wake you..’

 

Sehun leaned into Luhan’s ear and whispered, “Hyung, wake up.” Almost immediately, Luhan snapped his head up, almost colliding into Sehun’s head.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. Your milk is done but I think it got cold. I can hea—”

 

“It’s okay hyung. You don’t have to,” Sehun wrapped his arm around Luhan’s shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you.”

 

The two went to go cuddle on the couch, Sehun warm from the milk, and Luhan’s body heat adding to his warmth. Sehun nuzzled his head into the crook of Luhan’s neck and smiled with content. Luhan was singing a soft lullaby and his melodious voice was making Sehun grow sleepy.

 

Luhan finished singing and felt Sehun’s calm breaths, every exhale slightly tickling his neck. He kissed the top of his head and before falling asleep, he whispered,

 

“Good night.”