What's Going On?

Who Are You, Really?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Run! Run! Don't look back and leave everything behind! I'll find you but for now, run!

Luhan could do nothing but listen to the words the he'd followed instinctively, holding the man to his promise,  remembering what had occured only moments ago.

He'd awoken that morning to the sounds of glass shattering. Though he knew he was capable of protecting himself if anything was wrong and out of the ordinary, he also knew that he couldn't do anything if it was just one of his father's rare outbursts. 

After slowly opening the door to his assigned room, he crept through the pure white walls of the hallway towards the source of the sounds, his father's lab. His heartbeat quickened out of anxiety and he placed his hand over his heart, willing himself to calm down, remembering the things he learned though his training.

"Ahhh! You bastard!"

He quickened his pace once he recognized the voice of his father, though he actually really detested the man, he was his only family so he could not help himself from worrying over the others' safety. Upon arriving at the lab entrance, he did not hesitate to open the door, mind too overwhelmed from anxiety to notice the door was ripped from its hinges. 

"You, you stupid thing. Who told you to come in here. You were not summoned. Leave at once!" yelled his father upon seeing his son's arrival.

Luhan's eyes widened at the sight before him. His father was standing at one side of the room, arm bloodied, eyes bloodshot with a look in his eyes as if he was ready to murder anyone. Across the room, was a little girl. She wore a white hospital gown, torn at the hem, with blood staining it at the abdominal area. She looked at him, eyes full of anger but he saw something beneath that, he saw fear. 

"Wh-What's going on here? D-Dad-"  

"I told you to leave, you stupid piece of sh-wait," his father stopped mid-sentence. 

He saw something change in the man's features. The hatred in his eyes being slightly clouded over with something that looked like amusement, a smile slowly creeping on his face.

"I have a better idea." the man said turning to look at the girl across the room for a few seconds before he turned to face Luhan again.

His heartbeat quickened, his hands slightly shaking as memories of his training flashed before his eyes suddenly, terrified of what the man before his would say.

"Why don't you be useful for once, eh? Show me how committed you've been. Kill her..- slowly and painfully."

Wh-what? I-I don't. 

Do it

I'm not a murderer.

It's our purpose in life isn't it?

No, this- this isn't what I want.

What you want doesn't matter right now. If you don't do it, he'll hurt you again. Is that what you want?

No but, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone else either.

Then fight.

But I-I'm not strong enough, I-

You can do it.

The boy's internal warfare continued, completely oblivious to the man slowly growing impatient of the reluctance the boy was having with the task he'd ordered.

"I guess you really are useless. I knew I should've gotten rid of you before you become even more of a burden." said the man, snapping the boy out of the internal conflict he'd become engrossed in.

The  man turned away from the boy, facing the girl with disgust apparent in his expression. He bent down and picked up a gun by his foot that Luhan had been too shocked to notice and pointed it at the girl.

She sent Luhan a heartbreaking glance. She was silently pleading him to do something, to save her, to keep her from the pain that they both knew the man before then was capable of bringing them.

Luhan was about to open his mouth to oppose his father when suddenly a gunshot was fired, and the girl's eyes widened before they rolled back and she collapsed on the floor, blood pooling around her now lifeless body.

"Stupid idiot, how dare you spill my blood. You should've known better than to refuse the injection." the man turned to face his son.

"What? Were you going to do something? Were you going to try to save her? You?! What could you possibly have done?! You are not even worth be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter