01.

Burdensome

01.

------
Chapter 1
“I’m home,” The sound of a deep voice echoed against the walls. Sounds of footsteps made Kris’s stretch his lips upward, as his puppy had come to greet him, he thought.

“Oh hyung. welcome home!” Chanyeol greeted him happily. He put his lanky arms around Kris’s neck while Kris rested his arms around Chanyeol’s waist comfortably. Kris could see his invisible tail wagging eagerly.

“How was work?” Chanyeol asked the elder as he unwrapped his arms.

“Nothing interesting happened.” Kris answered nonchalantly. “Are we going somewhere tonight?” Kris asked with a hint of hope.

“Nope,” Chanyeol eyes fell down a bit before he shook his head to emphasize. “Tonight, you should take a rest.” Chanyeol deadpanned.

“Again? But I’m perfectly fine!” Kris insisted, he was getting bored since they were barely going out lately.

“No, hyung. Once I say no, it means no, okay? I don’t have any idea of where we would go tonight, anyways. So we won’t be going anywhere.”

“I remembered you wanted to go to Drafthy Coffee Shop.” Kris answered with his stiff face. God! He’s bored with Chanyeol’s excuses about how he will get sick or blah, blah, blah… It wasn't like he was as fragile as that.

“No. The past is the past. I don’t want to go there anymore..” Kris sighed. Chanyeol had always wanted to go to that place before. But now he barely, no, scratch that, utterly didn’t want to go anywhere. Since...

“But Chanyeol, I’m fine. Let’s just go somewhere. I don’t care if it’s nearby or far but please. We haven’t gone anywhere together since I got sick.” Guilt invaded Chanyeol’s face when Kris said that. But Kris didn’t notice it because Chanyeol was way too subtle and covered his face with a fake smile.

“But we are together right now, right? C’mon hyung, just stay here. I’m tired though.” Chanyeol pouted slightly. “And even if you get better, it doesn’t mean you’ll be okay forever. So, home?” Chanyeol’s happy and wide smile made Kris could do nothing. It almost felt like the final decision to Kris.

“Great. Now, let’s eat. I already prepared our dinner.” Kris just followed the younger obediently.

--
              
It was 8 o'clock when Chanyeol and Kris relaxed their bodies into their bed. Kris wrapped his hands around Chanyeol’s waist and kissed Chanyeol’s forehead deeply. Chanyeol let out a little chuckle because of the sensation the elder gave him.

“Chanyeol...” Kris murmured as he pulled Chanyeol closer to him.

“Hmm?” Chanyeol hummed, letting himself snuggle closer to Kris, loving the warmth of his body.

“Is it because you still feel guilty that you don’t want go anywhere with me?” Kris felt the younger freeze for a moment, but he pushed it aside, too focused to hear Chanyeol’s answer.


“Yes, of course. It’s all because of me you got sick!” He knew he was going to say that. They only went out once and Chanyeol had to face the elder feening to take him out only to prove that it wasn't Chanyeol’s fault.

 

But hello? It has to be my fault. Who else, though? I’m the one who always nags, if only I didn't bother him so much…


“No, of course. It’s just I care about your health, that’s all.” Chanyeol looked up and smiled at Kris reassuringly. He pecked Kris's lips and snuggled closer to him. Chanyeol was probably crying inside.

Just if I’m not such a juvenile.


“Okay then, I just want to make sure. Remember Yeol-ah, I didn’t get sick because of you, okay?”

“Yeah.” No, you liar. I know it’s all because of me. Because of me being such a childish and crybaby boyfriend… “Now sleep. You should get up early tomorrow.”

“So, tomorrow we will be going to somewhere, hmm? Pleasee. I really need to spend some time with you. Outside. Not in the house.”

“Maybe. I’m not sure." Chanyeol answered honestly. Yeah, he wouldn't let Kris worry about him more than he already was.

"But I don’t know where we should go.” He quibbled.

“How about going to the park?" Kris suggested.

“Hmm. I don’t know.” Chanyeol mumbled. “Just sleep, hyung.”

 

Kris sighed. Even though Kris knew that Chanyeol was lying, he still couldn’t do anything. Chanyeol seemed very weary today.

“Okay. Night, honey. Sleep tight.” Chanyeol hummed in response.

--

Chanyeol woke at 5 in the morning since Kris should be ready at 6.30. He wanted to be awake to prepare Kris's food and things. But out of the blue, he felt the dizzy and it, indeed, didn’t help at all.

“Ugh...” he slipped by his nightstand beside his bed and fell really hard because of his blurry sight, earning a loud thud when his own knee met the cold floor. The worst part was, he seemed accidentally twisted his own ankle.

“What’s happened?” Kris mumbled worriedly as he tried to look at Chanyeol. But Chanyeol already stood up to reassure the elder. Kris’s sleepiness took away his worry towards Chanyeol. So when Chanyeol said ‘nothing’, he didn’t catch the tremble in Chanyeol’s voice, and he let himself believe what Chanyeol said, and continued his beauty- ahem, handsome-sleep.

Chanyeol got out of the room as soon as possible and despite on how hurt his ankle and dizzy he was, still managed to make his way to kitchen to prepare Kris’s food. He was trying hard to be stable his own foot. However, he couldn't stand still for a while. Hence, he slipped for the second time. He wanted to cry, but, no matter how unbearable the pain was, he couldn't. He was not going to make Kris worry for the nth time. It would add to the pressure Chanyeol felt for always being nothing but a burden to Kris. He tried to stand up again and finally managed to straighten and balanced on his wobbling foot.

In a nutshell, not to mention about how hard and long Chanyeol did his routine that morning, he finally did a great job to prepare Kris things before he headed to work.

When he woke Kris up, he just prayed to God that he wouldn't wince while he faced Kris. Or at least, if he were to wince, just please don't let Kris realize it.

"H-Hyung, wake up" said Chanyeol while he shook Kris's shoulder. No movement came from Kris.

"Hyung, wake up, you'll be late." Still no hint whether Kris would wake up soon or anytime at all. Chanyeol frowned. It was unusual for Kris to be difficult to wake up.

Then  the realization hit him. Of course, I woke him up when I fell. He bit his bottom lip, guilt rushing over him.

Yet, no matter how guilty Chanyeol felt, he should wake Kris up, or else Kris wouldn't get to work on time. "Hyu- AH!" Chanyeol was interrupted when Kris pulled him into a tight hug. But the reason Chanyeol screamed was because his foot now hurt more than it already did. It was pure pain. Tears already leaking on the corner of Chanyeol's eyes, he clenched his fingers into a fist until his knuckles turned white. He definitely couldn't cry right now.

"What's wrong Yeol? Are you hurt?” Kris asked Chanyeol worriedly.

"It’s nothing hyung. It's ju-just I'm shocked you p-pulled me so suddenly." Kris frowned but nodded anyway. Chanyeol sighed in relief and held his tears again.

"Uhm hyung.." finally he managed to speak.

"Yes?" Kris replied lazily.

"You should go to work." Kris groaned but he was starting to wake up anyway, murmuring how he hated work and how he wanted to spend his all time with Chanyeol, and their world; which was only earning chuckles from the younger.

---

When Kris finally closed their house’s door to go to work, Chanyeol immediately sat down because oh god how his ankle hurt. He wanted to go to the hospital, but then he remembered if he went to the hospital, he would definitely be given a cast or crutches. Of course if Kris came home to him in that state, he would know. So for now he would bear with it.

But no matter how he hard he insisted to himself he wouldn't go to the hospital, it was still sore and aching badly, and now he couldn't even go anywhere. So finally, forcefully, he decided to go to the hospital, with begging for help from his best friend, Baekhyun, and the aforementioned boy's lover, Tao.

So, now, how the hell he would tell about this to his boyfriend? Should he tell the truth? No way. So the only thing he could do was the last thing he wanted to do, lying. He sighed, he was getting better at lying, which was really shameful. Chanyeol picked his cell phone.

‘Oh ! Why I have to being a burden over and over?’ Chanyeol thought as he finally called Kris.

“Hello hyung?” he started, preparing for the oncoming drama.

“Yes Yeol?”

“Urm, I want to go out for a moment, can I?”

“Yeah, you can. Sorry, you must be bored there.” Oh, hearing his guy sounding so guilty made him want to kill himself.

“No, no… you don’t have to be sorry. Baek and Tao just asked me. I'm not bored at all.” Chanyeol reassured him. Here I go again. Why is the only thing I give him trouble?

“Okay then. Have fun. Do you want me to pick you up later?”

“No. You must be tired after working all day. And I think I won’t be gone for that long.” Chanyeol heard Kris sigh. Chanyeol chewed his bottom lip.

“I’m sorry hyung. I must have disturbed your work. I-”

“No no Chanyeol. You don’t have to feel sorry. In fact now I’m not doing anything. It’s just, I feel somehow that you avoid me.” Chanyeol heard the vague sigh.

“No, it’s not like that hyung. I’m ju-“

“Not with the health thing again, Yeol. I’m not that weak, gosh.” Chanyeol nervously giggles at Kris's words

“Okay, I know my hyung is reeeally strong.” This time it's Kris who laughs.

“So I’ll pick you up?”

“Urm, you don’t have to. We’ll meet up at Drafthy Coffee Shop kay?"

“Great. At 6?”

“Perfect.” Chanyeol said before bidding goodbye to Kris.

Chanyeol sighed. He hated lying to Kris. Because lying to Kris made Chanyeol feel guilty even more. Yet, no matter he hated it, he felt like he should. Why? Because Chanyeol is scared of Kris being overprotective towards him, that he would panic and worry about Chanyeol and he wouldn't concentrate on his work and would end up neglecting his career. And Chanyeol definitely won’t let that happen.

“Hello Baek?” Chanyeol said straight after his phone picked by the other line.

“Oh, Chanyeol-hyung. This is Tao.” Said the younger at the other line. “Do you want to talk with Baek, hyung?”

“I just want to ask if you two are busy right now?”

“Why?” Chanyeol recognized the voice as Baek’s.

“I’m just asking..” he drawled.

“Liar. Why?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol assumed that Baekhyun had already snatched the phone.

“Fine.” Chanyeol let out a deep sigh. “I need to go to the hospital. Because I think my ankle is injured since it’s swollen.” Chanyeol muttered while he staring at his swollen ankle.

“Wh- How? Okay, I and Tao will at your place within 5 minutes. Wait for us. Don’t move.”

“Thank you.” With that he closed his phone. And now, Chanyeol felt like crying. Either because he was touched by his best friend's attention or because his swollen ankles hurt way too much. Probably the latter.

---

“Are you sure you don’t want to get a plaster cast? It's quite severe. It will help you recover sooner.” The doctor asked for the nth time.

“No, doc. Maybe I’ll be back again tomorrow. But not now.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Okay then. Be careful, don’t push yourself too hard.”

“Thank you, Dr. Lay.”

Chanyeol walked out of the room and headed to Baekhyun and Tao. They seemed too worried. Why? Because he was Chanyeol, who always thinks of other people first.

“Hey you two!” Chanyeol smiled reassuringly.

“How did it go?”

“Nothing. Just a small injury."

“And why didn't you get bandage put on your ankle?”

“I don’t want Kris to know about it and get worried. And since to- wait” Chanyeol stopped when he felt his phone ring. Baekhyun bit his bottom lip while staring at Tao worriedly.

---

 

“Hi hyung, what’s up?”


“Are you injured because you fell this morning?” Kris asked straight away.

 

“I- Uh-“ Huh? How could he know about it? Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and Tao just to see Baekhyun mouthing ‘sorry’ to him.


“Don’t you dare lie to me again Chanyeol.” Chanyeol cringed. He didn’t have much choice now.

 

“I’m sorry for lied to you, hyung. Yeah, it happened this morning when I slipped. But now I’m okay.”


“How come you're okay if you want to the hospital?” Kris’s voice was so strict, Chanyeol winced upon hearing it.


“I just need to check it and make sure, but the doctor said it's okay…”


“So... it’s not okay. Because no matter what the doctor said, you still went to the doctor. Moreover, Baekhyun said that your ankle is now swollen. Now, tell me where you are. I’ll pick you up."


“But it’s only 4 p.m. It’s not the time you go home.” He frowned at the idea. He didn't want to make Kris slack off work.


“I'm the director, so I can go home whenever I want to, Yeol. Just tell me, where are you?”


“No. I’m done being your burden, hyung. I can go home. I’m with Tao and Baekhyun.” Chanyeol insisted.


“Honey, you’re never being a burden. So do you mind telling me?” Kris voiced the words so sweetly just to make it even eerier.


Chanyeol huffed. There’s no way he could win over Kris this time. He knew him much too well. Finally he told Kris where he was. He turned back only to glare to the couple.


“We’re sorry, Yeol. You didn’t tell us in the first place.” Baek answered the glare as Chanyeol softened his gaze.


“Yeah it’s okay. I forgot about it though. How stupid I am.” Finally Chanyeol sighed


“So why did you lie to Kris-hyung?” Tao asked curiously.


"It would have troubled him. And after all, this ankle injury was totally my fault, I was being clumsy. So I can’t let Kris be troubled. As you see now, he even abandoned his work to pick me up.”


“I got it. But this is too much. He needs to know your conditions too.” Tao responds, Chanyeol sighed.


“I know, you're right. It’s just… I can’t stop thinking that I’ll bother him. It haunts me.”


“You always think of everyone but yourself. Sometimes, you have to be selfish”


“I was already selfish enough back then, Tao.” Chanyeol recalled the day when Kris had a cold for 5 days. And when he accidently opened his agenda, tight schedules were all he saw. Very tight schedules. Moreover, right after Kris was sick, Chanyeol is the one who was. That time, Kris seemed to be more busy; while working, he should be nursing Chanyeol. So definitely, Kris was sick because his body was weary since he should do double jobs and then his immune dropped, and what Lu Han had told him wasn't helping at all. Now, just by thinking about it made Chanyeol felt more miserable. He really didn’t want to burden Kris any further than this, but, being by Kris's side, he always failed to do that.


There was a long pause until suddenly a tall man walked over to them. He put his left hand around Chanyeol's waist comfortably. Chanyeol looked to his side, pecked his lips and smiled. The latter just smiled back until finally he saw Tao and Baekhyun.


“Thank you for accompanying Chanyeol.”


“Anytime.” Tao said and the couple smiled to Kris.


“Going home now, Yeol-ah?” Kris asked. Chanyeol let out small sigh then nodded and bidded goodbye to his friends. His injured ankle still feels sore. But he couldn’t say it to Kris. He didn’t want to make Kris worry even more. He’s already done enough.


“Don't you need to bandage your ankle or something Yeol?”


“Uhm, the doctor offered one for me, but I’m not comfortable enough to use it.” Chanyeol gave an excuse.


“You need it though."


“But I’m already tired, hyung. It wasn't even that bad.” Chanyeol gave another excuse.


“Fine.” Kris smiled warmly, though unbelieving. “Tomorrow we’ll be going to the hospital again to buy your plaster cast, okay?”


Not having other choices or excuses, Chanyeol just nodded like the timid kid he is.


---
In the car, silence shrouded them. It wasn't an awkward silence, though. They were just lost in thought. Suddenly, Kris spoke.


“Yeol-ah?”

“Hyung?"
               

“Are you still thinking that you’re a burden to me?” hearing the question, Chanyeol sighed. I’m always a burden to you, hyung.


However, Chanyeol couldn’t lie completely. So,”I don’t know hyung,” would be the best answer.  Kris sighed.


“Look Chanyeol. You’ve never been an encumbrance to me. It was vice versa truthfully. You’ve always been my happiness source. What can I do to make you believe me?” Long pause.


"I believe you, hyung." But I don't believe myself.

 

---


After they arrived at their home, and being the caring and loving boyfriend he is, Kris cooked for Chanyeol, he cleaned Chanyeol up (it’s not like they've never seen each other though), he even helped Chanyeol eat. Chanyeol can’t help but feel more miserable. Moreover, now Chanyeol saw Kris caring for his injured ankle while muttering “sorry” every so often.


“What are you sorry for, hyung? I didn’t fall because of you.” Finally Chanyeol spoke up. Kris caressed his boyfriend’s forehead.


“If I checked you after you fell, it won’t be the same.” Kris smiled sadly. “If I knew it sooner, you wouldn’t have had to force yourself to make breakfast and whatsoever for me. Why I didn't know about your injury? I’m such a fool.” Kris mumbled the last sentence.

 

Before Chanyeol could respond, Kris already cut him off. "Wait, so you fell this morning?"


"Y-yeah..." Chanyeol answered timidly, not sure where the question was heading to.


"So, today when you woke me up, and you screamed, it wasn't because you were shocked but because you were hurt? Am I right?" Chanyeol kept silent. Chanyeol knew, without him answering, Kris already knew the truth. "I'm really such a fool."


"No, hyung. You've never been a fool.” Chanyeol snapped. He felt pang of sorrow in his heart seeing Kris being so sad like this.

 

“It would be same. Be- because I didn’t force myself. Yeah...it felt numb at first, and suddenly it hurt. So it wasn't because of you.” He reassured him. ”Now sleep hyung. I’m tired. I’m sure you are tired too. You still have to work tomorrow.”

 

“No.” Kris answer bluntly.
               

“Huh?” Chanyeol scrunched his nose cutely. “Why no?” Kris pecked his forehead and then kissed Chanyeol’s lips smoothly.
               

“Tomorrow, I’m taking a day off so I can take care of you.” Kris explained.
               

“No, hyung. You should work.”
               

“Why? Do you hate me that bad?” Kris pouted.
               

“No hyung. I would just trouble you even more if you did that.” Chanyeol giggled slightly seeing the elder’s pouts.


“No, Yeol, you aren’t. Let just say that I’m tired because of work so I choose a day off. Now sleep okay?” Kris laid his body beside Chanyeol’s.


“Uhm.”
               

Kris turned Chanyeol so now Chanyeol’s back was pressed to Kris chest.  Kris slipped his right hand around Chanyeol’s thin waist and placed his face on Chanyeol’s crooked neck. Loving the boy’s scent, Kris took a deep breath so he could inhale his scent more.


               

While Kris enjoyed the boy's body warmth and scent, Chanyeol couldn’t help but feel something heavy in his chest.
               

Why couldn't I bring happiness to hyung? Now he’s neglecting his work for me. I’m so stupid, clumsy, and burdensome. And now, when he finally has a day off, he’s going to take care of me. I’m so useless.

 

Maybe Kris always told him that it wasn't his fault or he wasn't a burden. But there was still something missing for him to believe it. He really wanted to believe it but it was just too hard to convince himself.
               

Subconsciously, tears started to come out from the corner of Chanyeol’s eyes.
               

No, don’t! Don’t cry Park Chanyeol. You’ll wake Kris up.
               

After a few minutes of trying, he could finally suppress his tears. But he fails suppress his hiccup.
               

“Yeol?”
               

“Yes?” Good, Park Chanyeol. Very good. Now you woke Kris up.
               

“Are you crying?” Kris frowned.
               

“Nope. Now sleep hyung. I’m sleepy”
               

“Okay then.” Thank God...  “Are you sure?” Ugh.
               

“Very positive.”
               

“But your eyes are wet.” Kris traces his fingers along Chanyeol’s face.
               

“Umm.. It’s because I’m yawning a lot.” Please just don’t let him know.
               

“Okay, sleep tight.” Giving up, Kris kisses Chanyeol’s neck.
               

“Yeah, you too.” Chanyeol sighed silently with relief.
 

After that, he was thinking hard and before he fell asleep, he had already decided something.
 

---
               

Chanyeol wakes up without Kris by his side. He frowns. Out of the blue Kris opened the door with both of his hands holding food and drinks.
               

“Good morning, Yeol.” He smiled.
               

“What time is it hyung?”
               

“Uhm around 8 a.m, I guess”
               

“HUH?!”

 

“Ohmygodi’mlatei’msupersorryhyung!” Chanyeol said quickly and hurriedly got up from his bed.
               

“No, you’re not. Today, I’ll take care of you. Completely. So now, rest.”
               

Chanyeol blankly said “Huh?”, making Kris chuckle. Kris walked calmly towards Chanyeol.  He put the drinks and food on their bedside table and pushed Chanyeol to the bed slowly.


“All you have to do today is rest. Oh, and tell me why you cried yesterday.”
               

“I didn't cry yesterday...”
               

“Yes you did. Your eyes are all swollen now.”
               

“But I al-“
               

“Sshh. Not the time to tell me. You should eat first.”
               

Being the obedient kid he was, Chanyeol opened his mouth and let Kris feed him. After eating, Chanyeol drank hot chocolate that Kris made for him.
               

“Thanks hyung.” Chanyeol said sincerely.                                                                                              
               

“It’s nothing compared to what you do for me every morning and night.”
               

“No this is bigger. You work everyday so that is my responsibility.” Kris laughed because of Chanyeol blunt words.
               

“What?” Chanyeol asked while raising his eyebrows.
               

“You act like a wife.”
               

“I’m still a man hyuung.” Chanyeol whined.
               

“Yeah, whatever.” Kris teased Chanyeol, making Chanyeol pout. After that, Kris got up and walked out the door.
               

It will be the last time I be your burden, hyung. This day, will be the last time.

               

“Chanyeol!” Calls Kris from outside.
               

“Yeah hyung?” Chanyeol tried to get up, but failed miserably. The pain was unbearable. Chanyeol winced. He suppressed the pain and got up. After he managed to stand up, he limped to the door, and finally succeeded in opening it.
               

“Oh my god! Chanyeol, you don’t have to get up. Your ankle is far from better!” Kris said anxiously and ran to Chanyeol immediately to help the latter.
               

“ It's boring to be in the bedroom all day long, hyung.” Kris smiled hearing Chanyeol whining.
               

“Okay. You should have just called me though.” Chanyeol nods. Kris helps Chanyeol sit on the couch.
               

“Hyung.” Chanyeol grabs Kris’ wrist.
               

“What?”
               

“Why did you call me earlier?”
               

“Oh, I just wanted to ask when you want to go to the doctor to get the bandage for your injured ankle.”
               

“Oh.. It’s up to you hyung.” Chanyeol smiled.
               

“Chanyeol,” Chanyeol looks up facing the elder. “Don’t say you came out of the room because I called you?”
               

“I-“
               

“Oh my god, you’re supposed to just answer me from there.”
               

“No hyung listen, as I said before, I’m just bored. So I came out when you called me.
               

“Are you sure?”
               

“I’m perfectly sure.”
---
               

They finally decided to go to the doctor at three. Before they headed off to the doctor, Chanyeol called Baekhyun.
               

“Yeah, Chan?”
               

“Do you want to help me?” Chanyeol directly asked to the other line.
               

“What?”
               

“Give me Dr. Lay’s number and don’t tell Kris about me calling you.”
               

“What are you planning huh?”
               

“Just give me it. I’ll tell you later”
               

“You promise?”
               

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said it nonchalantly.
               

“Fine. Tao? You heard it? You’re the witness okay?” Baekhyun childishly asked Tao. And then Chanyeol smiled hearing Tao's giggles.
               

“Okay then. I’ll message you the number.” After mumbling ‘thank you’ he ended the conversation.
               

After he got the number, he messaged Dr. Lay immediately.
---
               

“Chanyeol is getting better. But his ankle still needs to be bandaged.” Dr. Lay explained to Kris and Chanyeol.
               

“Okay then. Thanks Doc” Kris said, bowing politely.
              

“Chanyeol, I’ll put the bandage on right here. And Kris, you can pay now.” Lay smiled politely. After Kris left the room, Dr. Lay hurriedly laid Chanyeol on the bed and started to put the bandage on Chanyeol’s injured ankle.
               

“How come you fell twice? I already told you to be careful.”
               

“I’m sorry Doc, and I’m sorry for asking you and lying.”
               

“Yeah and speaking of that, why should I lie to him? Seems like he cares a lot about you. You’ll just make him hurt more if you lied.”
               

“I know Doc, but I have my own reason. And however, this is will be the last time I hurt him. So it will be the last time I lie to him. At least I hope. So, it’s okay.”
               

“Okay, be careful.” Dr. Lay patted Chanyeol’s head.
---
               

“Hyung, let’s go outside…”
               

“But what about your injured ankle, Yeol?”
               

“Uh-uh. It’s okay now since I’m wearing the plaster cast.”
               

“Okay.” Kris was way too happy. This was practically the first time Chanyeol nagged to him since he caught a cold. Hence, he missed whenever Chanyeol winced multiple times.

            

Finally, they went out to the Drafthy Coffee Shop, the one Chanyeol wanted to go to. After that, they walked to the park and stargazed. So much like what couples usually did on their dates. When they came back to their house, they watched a movie on their bed with Chanyeol's head laid on Kris’s shoulder comfortably. It was weird that Chanyeol was back to his normal self; nagging-Chanyeol was normal, at least for Kris.
               

“Yeol, why do you love Drafthy Coffee Shop so much?”
               

“I don’t know hyung. It’s just I find that it’s a comfortable place, maybe because the interior is somehow my type.” Chanyeol answered.
               

“Hyung, today, you smiled a lot hmm?”
               

“I guess.”
               

“Why?”               
               

“Because you're finally being the old Chanyeol.”
               

“Huh?” Chanyeol frowned.
               

“You nag me again, and you being cute Chanyeol again.” Chanyeol giggles.
 

"Thank you hyung"
 

"Yes, you're always cute though." Kris answered bluntly.
               

“No. I mean it. Not because you said I'm cute." Chanyeol laughed.
               

“Why so suddenly?”
               

“I just felt like I wanted to say it.”
               

“And what are you thankful for?”
               

“You really patient when dealing with my childishness. You're a really great boyfriend.” Chanyeol smiled. I don’t deserve you.                

 

“Yeah we complete each other too. So thank you as well.” Kris answered it as he blushed because of Chanyeol’s blunt words.
               

“Hyung, are you working tomorrow?” Kris raised his eyebrow.
               

“Yeah. Do you want me to take another day off?”
               

“No, you should work.” Chanyeol chuckled as he hit Kris’s shoulder softly. Chanyeol looked sad when he saw the elder yawn, but he covered it quickly with a wide smile.
               

“Hyung, you should sleep.”
               

“Okay, you too.” Kris hugs Chanyeol tighter.
               

“Hyung?”
               

“What?”
               

“I’m sorry too.” Kris was taken aback at Chanyeol's words, so now he really listened carefully to what Chanyeol was going to say.
               

“Why? You didn’t do anything wrong.” Kris frowned.
               

“I’m always being a burden to you.”
               

“I told you for many times, Yeol-ah. You’re never a burden to me.” Kris sighed.
               

“Just, I’m sorry”
               

“Fine, I already forgive you okay? Now sleep.”
               

“I’ll never be your burden again I promise. This is the last time.” Because of the sleepiness, Kris didn’t get the hidden meaning in Chanyeol’s words.
               

“Yes, Yeol. I believe you. Now sleep, honey.” Then he let Chanyeol snuggle closer to him, drawing the circles on his back to reassure the younger until Kris fell asleep.
 

Little did Kris know that Chanyeol wouldn't sleep that night.
---
               

Around midnight, Chanyeol crawled off the bed silently. He looked at the elder rather sadly. He walked to his wardrobe get clothes and important stuff. He came to see sleeping Kris once again.
               

“Sleep tight hyung. Goodbye. Now you won’t feel burdened ever again. Ever. You will be happy, okay?” Chanyeol whispered to the elder.
               

He came out from his bedroom to write a letter. Now it was nearly 5 in the morning. He should go faster or else Kris will wake and find him. After he writes a message for Kris, he prepares his food and clothes for work.
               

He smiled sadly before finally he left the house, their house, while muttering ‘goodbye’.

 

I'm sorry for weird margins. i don't really now how to edit it...

So, this is it. I finally having a slight of brave to post it.

Comment and Subscribe <3

4k - 5k words.

I swear I will change thingsfor the nth times if I read it again '3'~