Chapter 4

The Love that I Wanted...

Sungyeol’s POV

I was reading the book when the Ji Won came walking in with her friend. She looked pretty annoyed by the girls that have been hovering around me since I had sat down but I didn’t care. Why would I care? It is not my business at all. I was expected her to be taking some 3 quarters of the space assigned to us but she had settled in her own seat where she didn’t even cross the imaginary “boundary” that I had created and just did her own stuff. I just hoped that she wouldn’t become like those girls that keep following me 24 hours. I wouldn’t want to have that burden of someone being my admirer being my desk-mate… though I would admit that I want to have lots of popularity but when I’m walking with Infinite, L would shine in the lime light because of his visual (even if he isn’t as tall as me…),  and Woohyun would suddenly transform into his aegyo prince image sending his followers flying hearts and the girls would just go crazy over it (although I felt that it was quite greasy… but he lives up to his name of greasy-nam then).

It was when I turned over and I met eyes with her when I put down the book when I met eyes with her. She looked away instantly, blushing a bit and I can’t imagine that I found it cute. Has she been looking at me that way for some time already?

When the teacher was teaching, I peeked over to her notebook and saw that she had already done the homework that had been designated for that day’s homework and that it seemed to be on par with what the teacher had been teaching. I guess rumours about her studying in America were true…

(Lunch Time)

I saw that Ji Won made her way to her friend’s desk to eat with her.

“Hyung!”Sungjong whined as he made his way to my desk. “I want to eat with you!” Infinite soon after followed him…

“Yah! We should eat together!” Sunggyu commented, while giving me ‘the glare’.

“okok.. Chill. I’ll come along.”

“Yay~~” our Sungjongie cheered and pulled Sungyeol by his hand to the cafeteria.

(On the way to the CAFETERIA)

“L-Oppa! You are so handsome!!”

“Sunggyu OPPA!!! You are so cool!!”

“Sungyeol OPPA!! You are so manly and tall!!”

The fan girls were going crazy in the hallway seeing INFINITE walk through to the cafeteria. They were practically screaming and squealing in joy at the sight of their ‘oppas’…

I actually felt quite suffocated with all these attention given to me.

As usual, we went to the table where we always sit at which is around the corner of the cafeteria with the food that we had just gotten from the cafeteria– rice with kimchi and potato pancakes with fried chicken. I had been feeling hungry since math period with my stomach growling a little, totally killing my image. I wanted to be as cool as Myungsoo but with his god-given looks it is almost impossible to be on the same level as he is, not taking in my height into account.

The cafeteria was packed like sardines and I was thinking that I should have just bought a sandwich and go up to the rooftop to enjoy my alone time.

And as expected, we started to talk about the dare that I had agreed on because I was too proud to be called a coward or something… -.-”

Woohyun: So, Sungyeol-ah, did you receive anything in your locker today?

Sungyeol: Just some letters written on WHITE paper. I hope that no one will find out about my favourite colour. I even changed my stuffs to black to camouflage behind Myungie.*(acting cute) Turns to look at Myungsoo and that he is like -.- not helpful.*

My whole day just passed like that, worrying about when there will be pink letters coming…

Just like that the entire session of lunch passed by quickly.