The New Sitting Arrangement

The Love that I Wanted...

INFINITE-Second-Invasion-Evolution-Conce

Ji Won’s POV

It was the second semester of the second year in this high school. I was being directly put in the third year senior class. Haishh~ how weird, I’m like a year younger than all of them. It doesn’t seem too good to start out from…

I was walking along the corridors of the grand school alone. There didn’t seem to have anyone that had reached yet. Phew~ I heaved out a sigh of relief, I don’t want anyone to come over to me while I’m walking around to tell me how much weight I have gained again. In fact, I wasn’t in mood to hear anyone talk about anything. I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I couldn’t hear mi yeon chasing after me. I was so shocked when she placed her delicate, slim hand on my shoulder.

“Hey! Couldn’t you hear me calling you?” Mi yeon waved her hands in front of my face, “Which class are you in? I’m in class 3!”

“Really?! I’m also in class 3!” we squealed in delight, hugging each other before moving on to our new homeroom.

SungYeol’s POV

(at home)

“It is the new semester again… I don’t really want to go to school. It is annoying, for Sunggyu hyung to pull me out of bed so early in the morning…”

“It is only the first day of school but it is such a chore to wake you up.” Sunggyu complained, trying to lift the lengthy arms of mine.

(in school)

“where’s the homeroom for class 3?” sungyeol thought to himself, looking at the map provided at the side of the stairs, scratching the tip of his almost perfect chin. Actually almost every thing of him was near perfect, his face, his appearance, his height. Dongwoo came over, and looked at sungyeol who was analysing the map carefully. “Why are you still here? The rest have already went to their classes. You are in the same class as Myungsoo right? It is next to my class... Let’s go!” he nudged Sungyeol’s arm.

(at homeroom)

Sungyeol peered inside the windows to see who was inside already, and saw that Myungsoo hasn’t arrived yet, and there was this “kind-of-fat” girl sitting at the corner of the room chatting with her friend. “Ahh~ so this must be the Ji Won that everyone was talking about. Seems like she is what they described her to be.” he smirked, before making his grand entrance into the classroom.

He sat in another corner of the classroom, and when the other girls saw him coming in, they rushed to get the seats near him,some screaming,"sungyeol Oppa!" and some started to chat with him.

 

Ji Won’s POV

I was chatting with Mi Yeon when this guy walked in. I admit, he was kind of good looking. The girls that were already in class changed their seats to the places nearer to where he was sitting.

“He must be one of those kingkas…” I didn’t really know who he was, a total effect of being a little anti-social with schoolmates. “don’t care.” I thought to myself, and continued to chat with mi yeon about what we were going to eat for dinner tonight after school ends.

After that, our supposed-to-be homeroom teacher strutted into the room, wearing a pair of jimmy choo’s from last year’s spring collection, and a checked dress of probably a brand that mum doesn’t even wear… it kind of made her look a little older than what we had expected, carrying a fancy box that seemed like those kind you would receive during Christmas. She introduced herself as mdm Kim.

“Well, well… since everyone here is new with each other, you may have friends that you know and schoolmates that you are not familiar with.” She started off, “I want everyone to change their seats according to random. We have here a box full of all your names.” She pointed to the fancy box. “We’ll pick two names at a time... and you two will be desk partners for at least the rest of this semester.”

I looked towards Mi Yeon hopefully… wanting to sit with her again this year in class. I don’t know what will happen to me if I sit next to someone that I don’t know at all. I was kind of sad…

Slowly, Mdm kim picked up the little slips of paper inside the fancy box two at a time…

Sungyeol’s POV

“Why couldn’t she let us choose our own seats? I hope I wouldn’t end up with that Ji won.” Praying really hard that it wouldn’t happen. Myungsoo just sat next to him looking at the teacher blankly like he was about to fall back asleep.

“Why am I so nervous?”

“Ji  Won! SungYeol!”

Ji won’s pov

Did I hear properly? I am not going to sit together with Mi yeon for the next six months? How am I going to survive all this chaos right now in my mind? He seems to be popular and wouldn’t want to care about hanging out or even talking to a person like me.

“mi yeon-ah I don’t know how will I survive this semester already…”

“You don’t have to feel this way. It is an exciting new beginning! Meet new people too!”

Hearing what mi yeon just said, I thought that I kinda makes some sense and continued to listen to what mdm kim had to say.

“I know some of you may be unhappy about this new arrangement, but it allows you all to meet new people and get to know more about your friends! Do change your seats tomorrow! :)”she smiled.

Luckily, we didn’t have to move right away or it would have been totally awkward…

Sungyeol’s pov

“What?! I have to sit with her?! And for six months too?? How am I going to survive? I don’t want to have ANYTHING to do with her. It would be weird to be seen aound her… Haishh~~”

Sungyeol eyed Myungsoo, who was sleeping. He whacked his head, and Myungsoo immediately raised his head high and looked at Sungyeol. “Yah! Hyung!! I was sleeping so soundly!” Myungsoo complained.

“Ottoke? I have to sit with that girl for the rest of this semester…” Sungyeol pretended to cry on myungsoo’s shoulders.

 

Ji Won’s POV

Finally, Lunch break came. People rushed to the cafeteria to get their lunch, I decided that I should go to the school’s open roof. It was really peaceful and quiet there, with no one to bother me, diss me or anything. Anyway, I had my household helper, mrs lee, to pack a lunchbox for me.

I opened the cover happily and looked down into it, to see what delicacies were being prepared.

“yay~~ I got the rilakuuma shaped bear J!!” it was made up of kimchi fried rice and was accompanied by some salad at the side, you ate it up in a moment and opened the second lunchbox.

Inside the lunch box were a few nicely cut up sandwiches, and flower-shaped apricots and the seedless grapes that were being brought home by mum the day before. It made my stomach feel like putting them in again, and immediately gobbled them down.

Ahh~ there was still one more lunch box. I made me curious as if I were to request to make lunch for me, she would only make 2 boxes of it for me. I opened it up filled with curiosity. It was filled with my favourite gyoza!!

While Ji Won’s mind was so preoccupied with her thoughts on the food, she didn’t realise that someone else had also came up onto the roof top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave your comments!:)