Chapter 4

I Promise You

Chapter 4

(Boa’s POV)

I arrived home and walked straight to my bedroom. I lay down; thinking about everything Mrs Han told me.

“One day, he told us he was going for a walk,” Mrs Han started. “He wanted to explore the neighborhood more. He wanted to meet new friends before he started school.”

Mrs Han took a short intake of breath before she continued. “He never came back.”

I shook my head. It can’t be true right? But it’s Mrs Han. She told me herself. She wouldn’t lie about something like this. But how come a part of me is saying that I shouldn’t believe her?

“The police searched for him for 2 and a half years. Mr Han and I travelled all over the world looking for Jaejoong. But we couldn’t find him at all. Until the police came into a conclusion that he was dead.”

He’s dead. I have to face the facts that he’s dead. He's never coming back and I'll never see him again.

He's Gone. Forever.

--------------

(3rd person’s POV)

Yeonhee arrived in front of DBSK’s dorm. She just came back from Korea after her mission but the boss unexpectedly told her to come back to Japan to check on Jaejoong. Of course, she couldn’t argue back and quickly went to the nearest airport to get a ticket to Japan.

She knocked on the door. “Jae? It’s me. Yeonhee.”

She waited for a few minutes however there was no answer so she knocked again. “Jae? Jaejoong?”

She remembered that the boss gave her the dorm’s keys just in case something happened so she opened her bag, rummaging through her belongings until she found a small key. She inserted it through the keyhole and turned the knob.

The dorm was awfully quiet and it was seemed to be empty.

“Jaejoong?” She called out again, expecting an answer. She then walked towards the bedroom. “Are you still sleeping? Yah-”

The bedroom was empty. Yeonhee began to panic and started looking to see if there were any clothes and bags in their closets.

There was none.

“S**t!” Yeonhee cursed as she started searching for Jaejoong around the dorm frantically. He had to be here. He had to be hiding here somewhere. Yeonhee knew that if Jaejoong was missing, the boss will definitely blame everything on her.

When there was definitely no one inside the dorm, Yeonhee quickly dialled a number, angrily.

“Boss,” She inhaled, expecting a scream or a shout coming from the person on the other line before she continued.

“Jaejoong’s missing.”

--------------------

Jaejoong smiled as he sniffed the lovely smell of Seoul. It was definitely different than Japan. He has missed Korea a lot but finally, he’s back. He grabbed his sunglasses and his hat and wore them, hoping no one would recognise him. If any fan girls see him in this very airport, Manager Lee is definitely going to kill him.

“Hmm,” Jaejoong hummed. “I should really think of a plan.”

He walked around the airport, looking lost. He didn’t really know where to go. He knew that if he went to where DBSK is right now, Manager Lee is going to kill him so he has to stay away from where the concert is as far as possible. And he knew that if he went to his Haraboji’s house and stay there, Haraboji is going to phone Manager Lee and Manager Lee is definitely going to kill him.

Jaejoong grew frustrated. He knew Manager Lee is going to kill him either way. He needs to find a place to stay for a couple of days. If he stayed in a hotel, he’d need to use his credit card and then Manager Lee is going to find out and then kill him.

Jaejoong sighed, grabbed is bags tightly and walked off the airport.

“I’ll think about this later,” He told himself. “Right now, I’m going to walk around Seoul.”

--------------------

(Boa’s POV)

I woke up the next morning feeling sad and lonely. It was a Tuesday so it was my day off work. I got up and got ready. I wanted to go shopping as shopping was my way of relieving sadness. I don’t really buy much stuff however, I like exploring the mall and looking at the nice clothes that I could buy in the future.

I arrived in the mall and walked around. I felt alone because I noticed that everyone was with their loved ones. Whether they were with their family or with their boyfriend or girlfriends. I looked down on the floor, continuing to walk not really caring who I bumped into.

I thought about Sunny. Sunny must be in the restaurant all by herself now. When it was my day off, It sometimes scare me because there was no one else but Sunny in the restaurant. Of course, not a lot of people visit the restaurant but what if a couple of people visit today and Sunny needed help?

“Ahh!” I softly shrieked when I felt my body bumping into something hard. Something bounced off my head and I saw that they were a pair of sunglasses. I slowly looked up to find a man. He was truly handsome. I’ve never seen someone this handsome before. He looked like a celebrity! He gave me a soft smile that made his eyes sparkle.

I quickly backed away from him and bowed. “Omo! I’m so sorry! Mianhaeyo!”

“It’s okay! Don’t worry about it!” He said. His voice was very soft but husky at the same time. I looked up at him and he was still smiling.

“Omo?! IS THAT KIM JAEJOONG OF DBSK?!” I heard a girl shrieking and my eyes widened. Is this THE Kim Jaejoong? I rubbed my eyes to see that it was! I’ve only seen a picture of him once but there is no doubt that this man has to be a member of DBSK.

“Omo Omo Omo! It is!” Another girl shouted. That was when Jaejoong bent down, picked up his glasses from the floor and wore them. He swiftly grabbed his bags and belongings.

“S**t!” He whispered. He quickly grabbed my wrists and held on to it tightly. “Let’s go!”

We both ran away from the mall, trying to stay away from the fan girls. However they were still chasing us.

While we were running, we attracted people’s attention and even more people started chasing us.

We ran inside a nearby ally hoping the fan girls (and even boys) have disappeared. We rested on a wall and quickly relaxed and gathered our breath. No one spoke for a couple of minutes until I broke the silence.

“A-are you really K-kim Jaejoong?” I asked him, cautiously. I had to make sure. What if he was just a look a like?

He replied with a firm nod, still breathing heavily.

“Wae? A-are you a fan girl too?” He asked me. He then realised that he was still holding my wrist so he quickly took his hands off me. I looked at my wrist and saw that it turned red. He must’ve held on to it tightly.

“Aniyo,” I shook my head. “My friend just talks about DBSK a lot.”

He simply nodded. He then stood up straight and stared at me. “Do you happen to know any place that we can stay nearby?”

“My restaurant!” I replied enthusiastically. “It’s only down the road. Let’s go!”

I walked in front of him as he followed me. When we arrived in front of the restaurant, it was closed and there were no lights inside. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 8 pm.

I searched for the keys in my bag and luckily, I brought them with me.

We went inside the restaurant and Jaejoong sat on one of the chairs.

“This is a really nice restaurant,” Jaejoong complimented.

“Thanks,” I replied as I sat on a chair in front of him. “It was my parents. But because they’ve passed away, I own this restaurant now.”

“Ohh, I’m sorry,” He said but I just shook my head.

“Don’t worry about it. It was years ago,” I smiled reassuring him that I’m fine. “I bet they’re happy in heaven now.”

There was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes before Jaejoong grabbed my hands and the words he told me made me jump off my seat.

“Is it okay if I could stay here with you?”

--------

BoA and Jaejoong have finally met!
But will Boa say yes and let Jaejoong stay with her?
Hmmm... dun dun dun!
I'll probably do a chapter about their past to clear all the readers misunderstandings :D
It will either be on the next chapter or the one before that :D
Thanks a lot for reading guys! ^___^
Comments are love♥