Final

Flappy Bird Rage

"!"

Everyone turns their heads to look at the youngest. He huffs and goes back to tapping his phone, a series of whooshes being blasted from the Galaxy Note 2. A loud smack is heard promptly afterwards and Sehun lets out a strangled growl.

Luhan leans closer to Minseok and whispers. "Is he okay?" The elder shrugs and looks at the young blonde. "I'm not sure."

Jongin, who is sitting on the opposite end of the couch that Sehun is on, scooches closer and looks at the boy's phone. His eyebrows furrow as he watches a pixelated yellow bird that looks like a potato with one huge eye, a long orange beak, and a tiny white wing try to fly through those green pipes that you would see in a Super Mario game.

"Hey Sehun, what're you doing?" Jongin asks carefully.

"Just trying to beat my high score in- ." Sehun shouts as the bird smacks into a pipe, making the former jump in surprise. He puts a hand over his racing heart and shakily breaths out. "Holy , you scared the crap out of me. By the way, what game is that?"

The youngest sighs and throws his phone on the couch in irritation. "Flappy Bird. It's this stupid game that's nearly impossible to win and it makes everyone pissed off but it's super addicting."

Kris walks out from the kitchen and puts his hands on his hips. "So you mean to tell me that you've been cursing up a storm over a stupid game that you can't beat? That's ridiculous!" Sehun sits up straight and retorts. "It's not a stupid game! Well, it kinda is but do you know how frustrating it is to die after only getting two or three points?!" The tall blonde is about to argue but is cut off when the youngest continues. "Of course you don't because you're always either sleeping, eating, saying this or that isn't your style, calling yourself Picasso when you really can't draw, or trying to act cool when you can barely speak properly!"

The Chinese leader gasps at his harsh words and just when he begins to approach the boy while rolling his sleeves up, Junmyeon decides to step in before the fire got bigger. "I'm sure he doesn't mean that, hyung. Your drawings are wonderful and you can decided what you want to be your style. Plus, your Korean is getting a lot better. And you," He turns and points to Sehun, "chill. It's just a game, nothing more than that."

"I'd like to see your reaction when you play it then if you think it's nothing. Go to the Play Store, search up Flappy Bird, download it, and play. I bet you can't even get past five." Sehun says, crossing his arms over his chest like a brat.

The brunet's eye twitches at his challenging tone and he nods. "Fine, I'll do it."

Everyone gasps at his acceptance and Kyungsoo looks at him with his wide eyes. "Are you sure it's a good idea?" Junmyeon shrugs and pulls his S3 out from his back pocket. "I'm sure it'll be fine. After all, it is just a silly game." Sehun scoffs at his words.

The Korean follows Sehun's instructions and soon has the game open on his phone. "What kind of bird is this?" He snickers at the weird looking bird. "Just play." Sehun orders and he shuts up. He taps the screen and as soon as he sees the pipes, he swoops down to try to get the bird through but instead makes it fall to its death.

"What? But I-" He sputters. A smirk appears on the youngest's face and he nods. "Continue." Junmyeon's eyebrows scrunch up together as he presses the play button and taps the screen once again, trying to get the bird to fly.

A 'ping' and then a smack is heard, making him grunt. "Damn, this is harder than I thought." He mumbles to himself as he presses play again, tapping the screen to make the bird fly.

Yixing walks out the bathroom while rubbing his wet hands on his jeans, a flush being heard in the background, and he stops in his tracks at the sight of his same aged friend tapping at his phone with loud whooshing sounds following it. He cautiously approaches him and looks over his shoulder to see him making some strange looking yellow bird fly through pipes.

A loud smack sound is heard and the bird falls to its death and is followed by a soft "Dang it" escaping Junmyeon's lips.

"Um, why is Junmyeon playing Flappy Bird?" The Chinese asks.

"Because Sehun was making a whole scene out of it before and made Junmyeon hyung play it to tell him that it's not just any ordinary game." Chanyeol pipes up from his seat on the floor, an X-Box 360 controller in his hand. Yixing sighs and shakes his head. "I don't understand why you would play that game in the first place. It's just a bird trying to get past those Mario pipes."

Junmyeon shushes him and goes back to playing the game again. Yixing heaves another sigh and parks next to Chanyeol, watching him play Grand Theft Auto on their flat screen TV.

Kris peers over the other leader's shoulder and blinks. "That's the game? Just a terribly designed bird trying to fly through pipes? I bet can I draw a better bird. Watch, let me get my-" "It's more complicated than you think. Here, try it." Junmyeon shoves his phone into the blonde's hands and he nearly drops it if it wasn't for his fast reflexes.

"I don't get what's so addicting about this game." He grumbles as he taps the play button. Everyone stops what they're doing and turns their attention to the high and mighty duizhang of the group play the game.

The only sound in the dorm is the whooshing of the bird flying and then a loud smack. "." Kris mumbles as he taps play. He tries again and fails after getting past only one set of pipes. His eyebrows knit together and he stares intently at the screen, trying to get the bird fly past more than one set of pipes. He manages to die as soon as he starts the game and nearly throws Junmyeon's phone on the ground in anger. "This is some bull. Why the can't that I get past any pipes?! I just- Sehun."

The boy looks at him and the leader asks. "Is this available on the App Store?" 

Sehun smirks and nods. Kris fumbles for his phone and pulls out his sleek iPhone 5s and goes straight to looking up the game.

"I can't believe Sehun got Kris hyung hooked on to the game. That's saying something." Baekhyun says to Tao in awe. The younger nods and then pulls his phone out, following the elder's footsteps.

After seeing how Sehun managed to get three other members hooked on to the game, everyone pulls out their phone and starts to download the game.

The only thing that can be heard in the dorm is the whooshing sound of the bird flying, loud smacks, and a string curses following afterwards.

"Hey kids, I brought you guys some chicken and I go- What are you all doing?" EXO's manager questions as he looks around the living room, the twelve boys all scattered around with intense looks on their faces as they play Flappy Bird. "Um, boys?" He gets no response and he's a bit scared by how silent they are, only whooshes, pings, and curses being the only sounds that can be heard. He carefully places the bags of fried chicken on the dining table and awkwardly backs out of the dorm.

The twelve members spend a good hour or two (or maybe more) playing the game, only taking bathroom or water breaks when desperate.

"Yes! I finally got to 15!" Jongdae exclaims.

"Such a noob. I'm up to 22." Tao boasts.

"Hate to break it to you but I'm way ahead of you losers. 45." Sehun smirks.

Everyone curses, even Kyungsoo and Junmyeon who are usually the level headed and rational ones.

Jongin looks up from his phone and looks around the room to see everyone extremely focused on their game of Flappy Bird. He sighs and then decides to stop playing for a little bit. "Damn, my eyes hurt like a ." He gets up from his spot on the floor and groans as he stretches out his stiff limbs, a result of sitting in the same position for too long. He yawns and looks around the dorm, noticing the bags of food that their manager dropped off earlier sitting prettily on the dining table.

"Oh, I see fried chicken!" He sings as he saunters over. He takes a box out and caresses it. "I've been waiting too long for you, baby." He kisses the box and then opens it, taking in the enchanting smell of fried chicken. He plops down on a chair and starts to eat, in delight as he bites into the slightly cold and soggy chicken. "Ugh, this tastes so good. Would be better if it wasn't cold and soggy but I'm not complaining." He says to himself.

Eleven pairs of eyes are soon directed towards the dancer of the group and he slowly turns his head around. "Can I help you?" He asks through a mouthful of chicken. 

Luhan points to the food. "Where'd that come from?"

"Wow, I'm not even surprised that no one noticed Sunghwan hyung bring this in earlier." Kyungsoo snorts.

"Sunghwan hyung was here before?" Yixing asks with wide eyes.

Kris lowers his phone and leans back against the couch while rubbing his eyes. "ing hell, it's impossible for me to get past twelve. Heh, twelve. Just like the number of members we have in EXO. Heh." He laughs to himself and Tao shakes his head. "This game is getting to him."

Junmyeon exits the game and stretches his back. "God, my back hurts so much from being hunched over for hours. Hey Jongin, is there any chicken left?" The boy looks up for a moment before returning back to tearing into the leg that he was holding. The leader rolls his eyes and then gets up from his spot, going towards the younger to swipe a box for himself.

One by one, the members eventually put down their phones and grab something to eat to settle their growling stomachs.

"Damn, Flappy Bird sure is one hell of a game." Chanyeol says as he grabs a thigh from the box of chicken. Minseok nods and Sehun merely smirks. "What'd I tell you? It's not just any game. It's Flappy Bird. You should've seen how you all looked. You looked like you were going to punch a baby if you didn't beat your high score or died because of a mistake. I should've recorded it."

Jongdae grimaces. "What the , man. Why would you say something like that? Now it makes me want to stop playing Flappy Bird."

The youngest shrugs and decides to exit the game as well. ", almost out of battery." He mutters. He jumps off the couch and runs to his room, quickly plugging his phone in to save it.

"Wait, battery? I haven't checked my battery since I started playing Satan's game." Kyungsoo's eyes go wide and he grabs his iPhone. The once full green colored battery is now red sliver and he nearly panics. He runs to his room and then screams. "I can't find my charger! Oh my god, my phone's going to die and then I won't be able to use it until I find it and the- Oh wait, I was stepping on it this entire time. Never mind."

After Kyungsoo's little screaming bit, everyone races off to hog the outlets and charge their phones.

"Hey, I was gonna use that outlet!"

"Well find a different one!"

"What the , why'd you unplug my phone?!"

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

"Trying to secure an outlet for myself, that's what I'm doing,"

"Do you really think that trying to get your ridiculously long and weak body stick to the wall will help? You're not Spiderman! That's just stu- Oh , Tao just got his wushu stick."

Junmyeon shakes his head as he plugs his phone into the outlet in the kitchen. "Guys, calm down! There are plenty of outlets for everyone!" He shouts and Minseok snickers. "You sound like one of those workers during those huge sales like Black Friday."

The twelve boys eventually get their phones all plugged in and Luhan collapses on the couch. " Flappy Bird, man. It's so stupid." "And yet you can't stop playing." Sehun retorts.

"Why did you even introduce the game to us?" Kris asks, a scowl appearing on his face. The younger shrugs. "I don't know but I'm glad I did. You guys were hilarious while playing. Especially Kyungsoo hyung. When have you heard him curse that much?"

"When he beats up Chanyeol, Baekhyun, or Jongdae hyung." Tao whispers and Jongin snickers.

Kris rubs his eyes and stretches his legs out, kicking Tao in the process by accident. The boy growls and the leader put his hands up. "Easy there, kid. It was just an accident." He rolls his eyes and reclines back against the couch. "Sehun, I hate you so much for showing us Flappy Bird. Now I can't stop thinking about how I can't pass my high score."

Sehun grins. "My pleasure."

Chanyeol turns his head and asks. "Who even introduced the game to you?"

"One of my friends. I swear he's like a master at it. His high score is like 900 or something. I swear he has no life." The younger replies.

Junmyeon's eyes bulge. "900? Jesus, that's amazing. How'd he do it?"

"I remember the day he told me he hit 900. He looked like absolute . His hair was messy, his shirt was all wrinkled and had food stains on it, plus he had massive dark circles. He told me 'If you want to go the way of the Flappy Bird, you must give up all that is good.' He's basically telling us to give up our lives and just play and play and play. What a ." Sehun snorts while examining his nails.

All of a sudden, Kris sits up straight and declares. "I'm gonna catch up to his score."

Everyone looks at him with disbelief written all over their faces. "Hyung, you're not even at 20 yet. What makes you think that you can catch up to 900?" Jongdae points out. The Chinese man slams his fist down on the floor. "I can do it! Watch, I'll make it to 100 by tomorrow morning and from there on, it'll be smooth cruising."

The boys murmur, saying things along the lines of:

"He'll never make it past 20."

"He's delusional."

"Sehun's a for showing him the game."

Kris frowns and crosses his arms over his chest. "Wow, you guys sure are supportive. You know what? I think I'm gonna start now." He gets up from the floor and stomps to his room, slamming the door once he entered.

"I bet 20 bucks that he won't even make it to 50 by tomorrow morning." Luhan says and Minseok laughs at his bet.

 

~*~

 

"Wow, you look like ." Yixing points out as a haggard looking Kris stumbles out of his room. For once there are dark circles on his perfect face and is that a pimple?

Kris plops down on the couch and rubs his face. "Shut it, Xing." He mumbles, his voice hoarse. He rubs his face as he groans. "I regret everything. It was such a bad decision to stay up and play Flappy Bird. I even got a few pillows thrown at me by Tao."

Sehun skips out of his room and when he sees Kris, he giggles to himself. He then proceeds to open the blinds in their living room and the blonde Chinese man hisses as soon as the sunlight hits his face. He scrambles to the other side of the couch and sits safely in the shade.

"So hyung, what's your score after playing all night?" The youngest asks. Kris merely sighs. "Only 49."

"At least it's not 69." Chanyeol snickers and Baekhyun pushes him for being immature.

One by one, the rest of members emerge from the rooms and all make the same comment as Yixing did.

"Wow, you look like , hyung." Jongin says as his eyes land on the Chinese man. Kris rolls his eyes. "Tell me something I don't know."

Luhan blinks. "Isn't that a Selena Gomez song?"

Tao claps his hands happily. "Oh my gosh that was one of my favorite songs back then. Tell me tell me tell me something I don't know, something I don't know!" He screeches at the top of his lungs. His singing is cut off when a pillow hits the back of his head and he whips around. "Who did it? Was it you?" He points at Kyungsoo who is about to sit down on the couch with a plate of toast in his hands.

The elder scoffs and sits down. "What makes you think I would do that? I was just in the kitchen. There are no pillows there in there." The former scowls and then crosses his arms over his chest.

Junmyeon rubs Tao's head and then looks at Kris who is laying there with a hollow look in his eyes. "So hyung, I'm guessing you didn't make it to 100?" Minseok snorts. "He didn't even make it to 50."

At that moment, Sehun decides it's a good time to play Flappy Bird and whips his large Note 2 out. While everyone is talking about Kris being a , he's playing the game with a tremendous amount of concentration. His tongue is sticking out of the corner of his mouth and his eyebrows are practically glued together as he taps his phone.

Finally taking notice of the youngest' activities, the members all crowd around him and watch his glorious game of Flappy Bird. The number at the top of the screen keeps on increasing and Kris is slowly dying on the inside.

After what seems to be like an hour (which in reality was actually a good five to ten minutes), Sehun finally dies and the boy cheers. " YEAH, 298 POINTS ES. IT!" The members stare at him in awe while Kris crumbles down to the floor, a strangled cry escaping his lips.