Chapter 2

My Handsome Sleepy Head

                                       

                                                                                            Wendy’s POV

                  I hear the police arrest the drunk driver and take him away from the scene. The paramedics try to talk me out of holding Kris’s head. I was still sobbing when they put him on the stretcher; I hold his hand and get into the ambulance. They take us to the emergency hospital doors and the nurses and doctors race to him and quickly push the bed towards the emergency surgical room. The nurses push me away as I try to get into the room too, “I’m sorry but you are going to have to wait out here, Miss.” I push them away as I try to get inside but it was useless. Nine nurses against one raging yet upset girl was not a great scene.

                 As I sit down outside of the room I try to calm myself down so I can call everyone and tell them what has happened.  I take out my phone to call the EXO members; I hear three rings, “Hello?” I hear Tao’s voice and I start to cry again. “TAO!” I wail into the phone, “Wendy?! What’s wrong?!” I hear Tao yell for all the members to gather in the living room because I was crying and that something was wrong. I hear Tao put me on speaker, “Wendy, please don’t cry. What’s wrong?”  I hear Suho oppa say. I try to choke down my tears, “Kris is in the hospital. I need you guys here please. I can’t do this without you guys here, I’m so scared!” The EXO members all talk at once shouting to get ready and leave the house in 5 minutes, they yell into the phone saying that they are coming and I need to stay strong, I sobbed harder and hung up.

I needed to call Kris’s parents now. I cried even harder just thinking of how I would do this. I call his mother’s cell phone, “Hello?” I try to be choke down my tear again and talk calmly, “Mrs. Wu,” I hear Mrs. Wu shout cheerfully in Chinese into the phone, “Yah! Wendy-ah, how are you?!!” I can't help but cry again, “You need to come to South Korea right now. Kris is in the hospital, he got ran over by a drunk driver.” I sob harder while Mrs. Wu tells Mr. Wu to call my parents and book the next flight to Seoul City, “Okay, Wendy please calm down we are coming right now Mr. Wu and I will be there by tomorrow morning. We're calling your parents and tell them what is happening and we will be there together in Seoul by tomorrow morning okay?” She says calmly while I cry quietly into the phone, “Okay, okay.” “Please do one thing for me though Wendy.” I nod forgetting that she can’t see me. “Please stay by his side and don’t leave his side until we get there, I beg of you.” I promised her that I will be there by his side forever, and hang up the phone.