Chapter 3

V.I.U. (Very Important U)

“Morning Dad, morning Mum! and yeah, morning to you too.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. I was very excited for Day 2 of school! Same as always, Dad was reading newspaper, Mum was making breakfast and my annoying brother was trying to finish his homework, again, on the dining table.

 

“YAH! Can you greet me nicely for once?!” My brother complained.

 

“Well... Can you not rush your homework in the morning for just once?” I asked sarcastically, as I sat down at the table and took out my phone, not even bothering to look at him while saying that.

 

“FINE! YOU WIN. But there will be one day where you'll be doing your homework in the morning too!” He gave me a deadly stare and went back to doing his work.

 

“I will NEVER! I always do my homework when I come home from school.” I said confidently as I put a slice of toast in my mouth and switched on my phone.

 

'2 Unread Messages.'

 

Hmm... Strange. Normally Aerine only texts me once to tell me that her and her dad were on their way to my place.

 

 

'1st Unread Message'

 

==================================================================================

From: Aerine <3

Yo woman! My dad and I will be reaching in 10 minutes! Be ready!

==================================================================================

 

 

==================================================================================

To: Aerine <3

Haha~! I will be at the lobby on time!

==================================================================================

 

 

Okay, so the first message was from Aerine, but there’s still one more. Who's it from?

 

'2nd Unread Message'

==================================================================================

From: Kikwang

Hello~! Remember to do the Chemistry homework! It's due tomorrow! Goodnight! ^^V

==================================================================================

 

 

Oh! It’s Kikwang! And, oh ! I've totally forgotten about the Chemistry homework! THIS IS NOT GOOD.

 

I quickly ransacked my bag, spotted my work sheet and started doing the few questions.

 

“NOOOO~ I will NEVER because I always do my homework when I come back from school!” My annoying brother immitated me, with a super high pitched girly voice. Oh great!

 

I turned around and gave him my signature 'DEATH STARE', but quickly switched to an evil smirk. I know how I could tackle him back at FULL FORCE.

 

“Well...” I looked at him evilly, “I only have two questions that can be done in about 5 minutes or so. BUT as for you... An essay that will take like… Hmm... I don’t know... AN HOUR?!” I said despicably.

 

My brother's bright smile instantly turned into a frown causing my parents to laugh so loud. It even added to my brother’s fury.

 

I quickly did the two questions and put the work sheet back into my bag. Kissed my parents goodbye(Yes! I still do kiss my parents goodbye!), grabbed my bag and left the house to head to the lobby to meet Aerine and her dad.

 

I realised I was late and literally ran out of the lift and headed towards the lobby. Thank god Aerine and her dad has just reached. Phew, lucky I wasn’t late!

 

I got in the car, and I did the same old 'hello-how-are-you' that I do every morning. Aerine and I then started gossiping on all things scandalous!

 

“You know what?” I asked as I turned to look at Aerine, ”Kikwang reminded me that there was Chemistry homework yesterday. I totally forgot about it!” I face-palmed myself.

 

Aerine raised her eyebrows and showed me her big eyes(which only occurs once in a life time)  and stared at me.

 

“There was homework?!” And yes, that’s the signal that she had totally forgotten about the homework.

 

I laughed out so loud at her reaction, and nodded to her, telling her 'YES, THERE WAS! YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN AGAIN!'

 

“Oh wells... It’s okay. I'll do it later.” That’s just how cool she was normally was about not doing homework!

 

I smiled at her to praise her calmness. I looked out the window to see the people walking along the pavements. Seeing what was going on outside.

 

"Gerdin,” Aerine said, “Can I ask you something? It’s random though.”

 

“Sure,” I was listening, just not looking at her. Still looking out the window.

 

“What will you call your possible future baby?” So random yet typical of her.

 

“Well... If it’s a girl, then Hannah. If it’s a guy, then...”

 

Just as I was about to say Collin, I saw a familiar figure. A guy to be exact. He caught my attention while I was scanning all the pedestrians. I took a moment to recall all the guys I've met recently and this figure matched with someone I had just met yesterday.... At the school's canteen...

 

“Junhyung!” I screamed as I finally figured out who it was.

 

“That’s a strange name for a baby but okay…” Aerine replied as she thought that I was answering her baby name question.  How silly!

 

“NO!” I semi-shouted. “I saw Junhyung!”

 

“Really?!” Aerine turned to look out the window as well, to see if she could get a glimpse of him. But, too bad, the car was going too fast and passed by him.

 

“Yeah! I think I will wait for him at the school gate later.” Finally there’s a small speck of hope!

 

“I'll wait with you too, then.” Aerine said slyly. I could sense she had ulterior motives to it...

 

“Of course you will! Because Doojoon will at the driving into school and he will surely pass by the gate. And of course, you can get to see him and get a smile from himmmmmm!~” I smirked as I cheekily said it.

 

“YAHHHHH!” I swear Aerine was blushing!

 

“Doojoon?! Who's that?!” Uncle asked anxiously. Every dad gets a bit anxious when a guy’s name is mentioned and somehow associated to their daughters.

 

Aerine and I literally laughed our asses off at Uncle’s reaction. THAT was the highlight of our morning.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Have fun in school girls! And Aerine, try to stay away from this Dooloon guy.” Uncle warned.

 

“It’s DOOJOON!” Aerine and I burst into laughter.

 

“JUST STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” Uncle exclaimed as we closed our doors and he drove off to work.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aerine and I sat on the bench near our school's gate for about 10 minutes. Aerine was getting a little impatient and all could be seen on her face.

 

“Come on, let’s just wait for another 5 minutes okay? It’s only been 10 minutes.” I tried to comfort her.

 

“10 MINUTES?! IT’S BEEN MORE THAN 4 HOURS!” She shouted. She actually added the time we spent waiting yesterday!

 

“Come on… Please... ”I gave her my puppy dog face.

 

“Okay. Fine. ” She took her phone out to check her Twitter.

 

Just when she was about the click on “Page 2”, I saw Junhyung walking into the school. He looked really downcast. His 'cool' atmosphere was still there, but… He just looked sad! As if he had been through a tough time.

 

I quickly took out the music sheet from my bag, told Aerine that I was gonna return the sheet to Junhyung. She nodded her approval and I ran towards him. I wasn't really running cause I was too unfit to run. I was… Ermm… FAST WALKING.

 

Every step I took towards him sent a chill down my spine. It was the cool vibe that he gave people which hinders people from going near him. It was as if you got too close to him, he would scream in your face. To be honest, I wasn’t scared at all despite the fact I could feel his cool vibes.

 

“Excuse me,” I spoke in a soft voice.

 

He lifted up his head. And it was the first time I could actually get a chance to get at his face. He was really charming. Those eyes, they are really … Very… Mesmerising? Those eyes were very different from Doojoon’s, Kikwang’s, and even Dongwoon’s. They attracted so much attention... I couldn't look away.

 

“Hi there,” He greeted me but was trying to hide something... His hidden sorrows, maybe. “Yes?” He smiled. Wait... He actually smiled?! MIND. BLOWN. He looks so cool and all, but when he smiled... Damn. It changed my whole impression of him. He actually wasn't the cool, loner type of guy. He just chooses to be this way? At least that's what I'm getting. When he smiles, it’s definitely one of the brightest things I’ve ever seen! Even brighter than the smile Aerine had when Doojoon smiled at her. Unintentionally, I smiled too.

 

“Ermmm. Do you remember the little incident that happened yesterday?” I asked. I could feel my heart beat getting faster and faster for no reason at all!

 

“Oh! Sorry about that. I hope you're not hurt.” He apologised sincerely.

 

“It’s okay! It’s just that, when we banged into each other, your papers flew all over and you left one out. Here you go.” I handed the sheet over to him.

 

“Oh!” Just then, something strange happened to his face... The moment he recognised the music sheet, the smile on his face became so bright and genuine. Making me chuckle for a bit. That's just so adorable!

 

“Thank you so much! I thought I would never find it again!”

 

“It’s no problem.” I smiled.

 

“Can we go now?” Aerine asked as she appeared out of no where and made a grand entrance into our little conversation. “Oh. So you manage to find him after 4 hours and 15 minutes of waiting?” Aerine said meanly and glared at Junhyung for a second.

 

“4 hours and 15 minutes?!” Junhyung blurted out in surprise.

 

“EXACTLY! We stayed back after school yesterday in a bid to wait for you. But you were nowhere to be found.” Aerine said bitterly. She just couldn’t hold back anymore.

 

I looked down and blushed. I didn’t want him to know that. I didn't want him to feel guilty or anything like that. And I hated telling others about what I've done.

 

“I’m really sorry… I was searching high and low in the classroom after school that I was the last to leave the school.” I could tell that Junhyung was feeling very bad about the whole situation.

 

“It’s fine! Just glad to be able to hand you this music sheet!” I smiled at him. Trying to make him feel less guilty.

 

Junhyung suddenly smiled like as though he came up with a genius idea.” You know what? I would like to treat you to lunch after school. As a way to thank you for returning me the music sheet and also to apologise for making you wait for so long.”

 

YESSSSSSSSSSS! Of course I want to go to lunch with him! He’s cute, handsome, not to mention that he also writes music! I don’t know about anyone else, but I'm certain and 110% sure that I want to go! But of course, I have to be nice about this. I will reject it first, then agree! I don't want to seem like an 'easy' girl or something.

 

“It’s okay! You really don’t have too! All I did was take care of a piece of music sheet for you!” I tried not to show my excitement.

 

“No! Please allow me to treat you for lunch. Or I will feel guilty!” Junhyung insisted.

 

“Hmm... Then okay.” I agreed to going to lunch with him. I mean, I don't want him to feel guilty! :p

 

Whoa... Just thinking about it... Junhyung and I in a nice restaurant... Having lunch together... Just the two of us... Talking/ laughing and just having a great time! I could get to know him better and understand him more. We could become friends! Probably get his number as well. Then we'll chat all the time… And…

 

“Bring your friend along too!” Junhyung suggested. Interrupting my thoughts as he pointed to Aerine.

 

My dreams literally shattered, right then and there. I thought it was only gonna be just the two of us?!?!?!?!?! Why must I bring Aerine along?!?!!?!? It’s not that I didn't like to have her come along... Just that… You know… I thought it was just him and I… :(

 

“Oh... Sure.” I forced a smile for Junhyung. I couldn’t say no, even if I want to. I will look desperate!

 

“Cool! I'll bring a friend along too! We can all have lunch together. Is that okay with you guys?” He asked Aerine and I. And of course we nodded. Since it's not gonna be just the two of us anymore, bringing one of his friends along would be a good idea.

 

“So... Today after school, we'll meet here at this exact same spot?” Junhyung asked. I nodded back with slight genuine happiness on my face.

 

“Okay! See ya then!” He said as he turned to walk away.

 

I was about to wave goodbye to him and when he suddenly turned back and asked,  “What’s your name?!”

 

“Gerdin!” I replied and smiled.

 

“That’s unique. Okay, see ya later.” He smiled and waved back.

 

“See ya!" I replied geedily without holding back any of my excitement.

 

This was definitely a good start for the second day of school.

 

I turned around and looked at Aerine, she was staring at me angrily with her eagle eyes. (She has small eyes by the way!)

 

“What?!” I wasn’t sure why she giving me that stare. I didn’t even do anything wrong!

 

“You promised Kikwang that you would have a meal with him today, and now you promised Junhyung too! How are you going to go to out with BOTH of them?!” Aerine exclaimed, enlightening me.

 

Oh ! I totally forgot about that! Damn it! I really want to go out with both of them, but I can’t! I can't split myself into half!

 

“! Now what?!” I was in deep trouble now. Both of appointments were at the same time and now I have to choose only one!

 

“You just have to pick one!” Aerine said. “But for now... We're going to be late!” Aerine grabbed my hand and dragggggggggggggged me towards the hall. I was too deep in my thoughts to care about being late right now.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Throughout the whole time we were in assembly, I wasn’t paying any attention.

 

Kikwang, who was sitting 4 seats behind me, kept trying to get my attention by hissing. Yes I know it's cute, but I didn’t dare to turn behind even though I know he’s only trying to tell me something. I was very afraid that he would remind me of the lunch appointment we had agreed on, yesterday. So... I ignored him throughout the whole of assembly. I felt kinda bad, but I just needed to do that.

 

I didn't pay any attention to anyone or anything as we were walking along the crowded staircase on our way back to class. All I could think of was how I was going to face Kikwang when we reached the classroom.

 

I guess I was too deep in thought that I accidentally tripped and fell down the stairs! I was flying and just when I was about to fall flat onto the ground, a “wall” saved my life!

 

My whole body weight rested on this “wall”. My hands were touching something... It didn’t feel like a wall... It was kinda soft yet still hard at the same time.... I could also feel a set of hands holding me up, preventing me from falling any further. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the school uniform of my year. I tilted my head and saw…. KIKWANG.

 

Thank god Kikwang caught me in time before I fell any further! At that moment, I realized how muscular he really was. His chest was really muscular! These uniforms were definitely hiding his “inner beauty” from me! He was smiling and laughing at me. Probably at how pathetic I looked when I tripped! I snapped back to reality, quickly stood up straight and let him go (even though I wished that I could rest on his chest forever... And ever... *Sigh*).

 

“Are you okay?” Kikwang asked with concern but smiled and giggled.

 

“Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks.” I smiled back. We then started to continue to walk back to the classroom and Kikwang was walking next to me. !

 

“So... You still remember about our lunch today after school right? With Dongwoon and I?” The way he smiled just made it impossible for me to say reject him now.

 

“Yeah… I remember…” I replied hesitantly.

 

“Yayyyyy! See you later in class!” He cheered and skipped towards Dongwoon. He's so cute and innocent, a bit childish though. I can’t believe he would get so excited over just lunch.

 

“Well! Good job! Now... Let’s see how you're going to settle this ugly mess.” Aerine said as she nudged me and walked next to me on my left.

 

“I DON’T KNOW!” I shouted at her.

 

Seeming out of nowhere, a group of seniors started to walk pass me on the right. Pushing me back and forth. Just then, a senior slammed into me! I gave him the dirty stare.

 

“What is wrong with him?!” I fumed and continued climbing the stiars. I turned to my left, looking for Aerine. Strange, where is she?

 

“Aerine, AERINE!” I called out. Where could she be?

 

“I…. AM…. HEREEEEE….” I heard a voice and followed that voice. OH MY HOLY CHICKEN RICE GOD! She fell and rolled down the stairs! It’s definitely because of that clumsy senior! He slammed me, causing me to knock down Aerine!

 

I ran down the stairs with my lightning speed in an attempt to rescue Aerine from her fall and also, from the humiliation as there were many seniors around us. But, before I could reach where she was, I stopped.

 

I saw a hand reaching out to her. A guy’s hand, to be exact. I followed the hand to see who it was. And guess what... it was the guy who smiled at Aerine twice yesterday... Doojoon.

 

I didn’t go up to her because I wanted her to enjoy the moment. I could see her blush and awkward smile from where I was standing. I bet she’s feeling damn humiliated! I mean, after all, Doojoon was the popular guy and he was really handsome, and he saw her in her unglamorous moment!

 

Aerine reached out for Doojoon’s hand. I could see sparks around them! I feel so happy for Aerine! And to be honest, even though I was standing far away from them, I was also mesmerized by Doojoon's smile. And I bet Aerine felt 100000x more since she’s so near him, and even touched his hand! Aerine was the 'cool' type though. She prefers not to be like some fan girl and scream the hell out of herself. Only I know she’s holding back!

 

Aerine stood up and Doojoon handed Aerine her bag.

 

“Please be more careful next time.” He said to her. Smiled and continued walking up the stairs.

 

Oh my gosh, he was so cool!

 

But, a group of Doojoon's fangirls were giving Aerine a dirty stare. They looked like they were the girls that created Doojoon's fan club. They're probably just super jealous that Doojoon helped her up. Pfffffttttttt! Sour grapes!

 

Aerine walked towards me and side-by-side, we made our way to class. She looked at me and I winked at her like a million times(spasm time) and she blushed mega red.

 

“WHAT?!” Aerine tried to hide her happiness and embarrassment, but of course she couldn’t hide it from me!

 

We both laughed so hard at how both of us actually fell at almost the same time and ended up being helped up by two incredibly handsome guys! WOOHOO! XD

 

“Oh hey. You still have the lunch issue.” Aerine said and brought back the main problem after we had a good laugh at ourselves.

 

“I sort of already decided who we're gonna go have lunch with...” I said hesistantly. I hated having to choose one side and not have the best of both worlds!

 

“WHO WHO WHO WHO??!!” Aerine asked anxiously.

 

“I think we should go have lunch with…”

 

 

 ==============================================================================================================

 

 

Thank you guys for all the support for our fanfic! And it's really amazing to know that we've more than 100 views now despite here's only 2 chapters being uploaded!

And also, a big shoutout and thank you to our new subscribers:

pigpig9559

leongmunmun

 

Please continue to support our fanfic, and we would love you to subscribe and comment our story! Thanks guys! ^^V