Chapter 1

V.I.U. (Very Important U)

It was a bright morning. Rays of lights penetrated my curtains and reached my eyelids, forcing me to wake up.

 

 Today is THE day. The day where I will be attending a new school. I was so anxious that i had stayed up all night, tossing and turning, trying to get the right position to fall asleep in. And I went into dreamland very late at night.

 

I sat up on my bed, trying to pull myself out of dreamland and return back to reality. I dragged my heavy feet out of the bed, attempting to walk to the kitchen without banging into any walls.

 

As I stepped out of the door, I could see my mum cooking bacon and sausages for breakfast. My dad was at the dinning table, and my brother was hurriedly doing his homework at the table. Tsk! Stupid and lazy brother!

 

“Morning Dad, morning mum. And yeah, morning to you too.” I dragged my feet to the dinning table, half awake.

 

“YAH! Say it properly ah!” exclaimed my brother. Urghhhh…… Annoying brother!

 

I went to the toilet, washed up and got dressed in my uniform. Since I am fat, I don’t care much about my appearance and didn't put on any makeup. And besides, no one will even take a second glance at me.

 

So I sat down at the dining table, taking 2 pieces of bacon and sausage, and of course, not forgetting 2 slices of my mum’s awesome toast onto my plate. Don’t be shocked by my appetite! This is how I eat everyday!

 

With the last bite of bacon, I heard my phone’s text ringtone. I looked at the display screen on my phone and it was Aerine, my best friend that I loved soooooo much! She’s one of my closest friends and also someone whom I am comfortable with. And also, SHE IS GOING TO THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL AND CLASS AS ME! We have been friends for years and trust me, this woman knows me inside out.

 

 She texted to remind me to be at the lobby in 5 minutes, because her dad is going to send us to school.

 

I grabbed my bag, said goodbye to my parents and my annoying brother who was still attempting to finish his homework, and dashed out of the front door. Down to the lobby I go!

 

I went down to the lobby and saw Aerine's dad’s red convertible, and I walked towards it. I got in and said hi to both of them.

 

“Hi Uncle! What’s up, Aerine!”

 

“What’s up!” she replied excitedly.

 

We wiped out our phones, and you know what that means… GOSSIP TIME!

 

Through the whole journey to school, we chatted animatedly and filled the car with laughter and gossip. Poor Uncle had to tolerate all of our noise!

 

Uncle’s car stopped at the front gate of the school, “HAVE A NICE DAY GIRLS! Be sure to have lunch and… Please try to control your laughter in class!”

 

Aerine and I burst into laughter and got out of the car, waved goodbye to Uncle and made his way to work.

 

We stepped into the front gate, and realised that the school was full of noise! People catching up after the long school break and, of course, asking each other if they did their holiday homework. TYPICAL MUCH!

 

'Damn! It sure is big!' I thought as I saw the massive school. (Our school hosts both high schoolers and university students.) 

 

“Oh woah! It will take us days to walk around the whole school!” Aerine was literally jumping up and down in joy and I followed her movement, forgetting that it’s kinda embarrassing to do so.  :P

 

Just when we were in the midst of our little ‘celebration’, the girls in the higher grades(as their uniform are totally different from our's) started shouting.

 

“Seriously! What’s wrong with them?!” Aerine said out loud while covering her ears.

 

I could barely hear her! It was so damn loud! It was as if there was a superstar entering the school.

 

I looked at the screaming girls and followed where their fingers were pointing to. At this point, I finally saw their source of excitement.

 

A guy in a black leather jacket was riding a motorbike, wearing a shiny black helmet over his head, was making a dramatic entrance to the school. And as he neared the porch, he slowed down a little, making me wonder if he did that on purpose to enjoy the ‘glorious moment’.

 

He stopped the bike in front of the main porch, took off his helmet and….. ”AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” Causing his fangirls to scream even louder this time!

 

I dragged Aerine by hand and squeezed among the fangirls to see his face.

 

He was extremely dashing. He had these thick eyebrows, and brown-dyed hair. DANG! He was so hot and handsome! I wouldn’t say he's cute though, because he was way too manly to be cute. And trust me, those eyes, were the weapons that killed all the fangirls' hearts.

 

Just as I was enjoying this eye candy, girls started to scream, ”Doojoon oppa, Doojoon oppa~!

 

“Urghhhh~” Aerine and I both sighed in disgust. We really hate all these ups trying to get attention from whoever this Doojoon guy is. SERIOUSLY! They are so loud! I think my both ears were about to go deaf already.

 

But to be honest... He was really cool about all the screaming andcheering, and didn’t give a about it. And his 'I-don’t-give-a-damn-about-you-girls' attitude really made me wonder if maybe he was a bit… Cocky? Oh wells, I wasn't into him.

 

I was just about to look at him for the last timebefore leaving but I realized that he was smiling at our direction. But I'm pretty sure he wasn’t looking at me, because I was giving him the 'who-cares-if-you-are-popular' face. I turned over and looked at Aerine, she was smiling at his direction. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

 

“Looks like someone has the popular guy’s attention……. ” I smirked at Aerine. She hit me as she covered her blushing face. I swear she hits like man! It hurts like as if I was hit by an airplane!

 

 But anyways, we went up the hall where we were supposed to assemble.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After assembly at the hall, we were off to our classroom for our first lesson, of the subject  that I hated the most... MATHEMATICS. But since it’s the first day, 10 minutes of the first lesson was used to arrange our seats.

 

 I was praying hard that I would get to sit next to Aerine but obviously I didn’t pray hard enough! Aerine was arranged to sit 3 rows away from me and that was not a good way to start my new high school life! The only person that I was comfortable to talk and speak to is now sitting 3 rows away from me. Oh great, I can only talk to myself now.

 

To add to my nervousness, we had to sit in pairs of girls and guys. I really hated sitting in pairs! Firstly, I am a lefty. Secondly, I have low self-esteem. I always got teased in my previous school for being fat and clumsy, and I do admit that I am rather clumsy and fat. But I'm nice! It’s just that people don’t see it. I am very comfortable hanging out with Aerine because she’s nice and friendly and errrrrr… Well…. She’s fat too. :P

 

So I sat down at my seat, praying hard that the person sitting next to me would be nice and friendly.

 

“Dongwoon”, the teacher pointed to this really cute and handsome guy, and from his face, you would know that he is mixed blooded. European and Asian blood to be exact. I don’t know why, but he sort of gave me the feeling like as though he was a celebrity. He does look friendly though, so fingers crossed! Hope he's gonna sit beside me!

 

“You sit beside….” Mrs Nabi said while scanning the class with her eyes while her hand swung with her turns, trying to pick a seat for him.

 

'Beside me! Beside me!' I chanted as I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes.

 

“Aerine.”

 

I bet Aerine must have butterflies in her stomach right now! She must be so overwhelmed to be sitting next to such a cute guy. I could literally see her smile touching her ears. 'Good for you Aerine!' I thought to myself. But at the same time, I was quite worried for myself, as with Dongwoon sitting next to Aerine... I WONDER IF THERE’S ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT WOULD APPEAR TO BE AS NICE AS HIM!

 

Dongwoon picked up his bag, and walked towards the seat next to Aerine, and sat down. He took a couple of seconds to settle down and did some self-introduction to Aerine. He held out his hand as a gesture to shake Aerine’s hand.

 

Lucky Aerine! I really hope I get a partner that was friendly like Dongwoon to sit next to me!

 

“As for the space next to Gerdin….. ” Mrs Nabi said with her hands scratching her chin, trying to see who should she pick to sit next to me.

 

Oh my god. I really hope someone that it was someone nice, won't dislike and will...

 

“Kikwang! You will take that seat then!”  Mrs Nabi interrupted my thoughts and cut off the little prayer that I am having in my head.

 

Kikwang? Who's that? It’s a guy for sure, but will he be as nice as Dongwoon?

 

I strenched my head forward and try to get a glimpse of this Kikwang guy.

 

And just then, a guy walked forward and started walking towards my direction.

 

'Oh my god!' was my first thought.

 

He was such a handsome guy! He had those sweet and big eyes that perfectly matched his large lips. Strangely though, when he smile, his eyes turned into parallel lines! He was really really very handsome and cute. And the moment I saw him, the first present he gave me was his killer smile! I literally had dinosaurs in my stomach!

 

He put his bag down and sat next to me.

 

“Hi! I am Kikwang. What’s your name?” His smile was so angel-like.

 

“Errrrrr… Hi! I am Gerdin. Nice to meet you!” I  tried stay calm.

 

“That’s a very unique name! Hahahahahahahahaha!”

 

He was so friendly and nice. Being hot and cute was definitely a big bonus for him! But to be honest, all these are really just the surface of who he truly was. I shall continue to observe and see if he really was a nice guy.

 

As the lesson started, our Maths teacher gave us a lecture on why we have to work hard, how fortunate we are to be able to go to this school… blah blah blah. I wasn’t even paying attention to what she is saying. However, Kikwang was really attentive. Trying to absorb every single detail of what our Maths teacher was saying. He's such a good student… So that makes me the bad student? Oh wells.

 

Throughout the Maths lesson, Kikwang and I interacted really well. We asked each other questions about the subject, and also questions to get to know each other better. And I  realized he loved food just as much as I did! But obviously he exercises to maintain such a good body. I, on the other hand, did not. Sigh.

 

I would occasionally take a glimpse at Aerine, checking if she was doing well in lesson. But she was smiling throughout the lesson so Dongwoon must have done a good job at taking care of Aerine. I shouldn’t worry too much!

 

As soon as we finished 3 questions, the recess bell rang.

 

“Okay, so thanks for teaching me that difficult maths question, Gerdin! See you after the break!” As soon as Kikwang said that, he ran off and charged towards the door. Kinda cute huh! :3

 

And at the door, he met up with Dongwoon and both of them rushed out of the classrooom and went off.

 

“I didn’t know they knew each other!” Aerine pat me on the shoulder from behind which surprised me.

 

I turned back and gave her a big smile, “HAHA! Well, now we know!”

 

As we walked down the corridor and to the canteen, we chatted and I was pretty sure everyone could hear our laughter everywhere. Anyone would know where we were just by hearing our laughter. Our personal trademark, maybe!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After we bought our food, it took us a long time to get a table as the canteen was flooded with students.

 

“So how’s sitting next to Dongwoon?” I asked as I placed my tray down on the table.

 

“He is so smart and nice! He constantly asks me if I am able to understand the lesson. He is friendly and best of all… HANDSOME!” We both burst into laughter.

 

“So how about you and that Kikwang guy? He looks cute!” Aerine exclaimed as she scooped a spoonful of rice into .

 

“He is really sweet and nice! But I'm the one teaching him the questions though! He's kinda like a kid... Always curious about this and that. Even about my hobbies!” I replied with a smile.

 

As we were talking and eating, I was scanning around the canteen. No, not looking out for hot guys! But just to absorb in the environment of the school. Everyone has their friends to talk to, everyone has their clique and….. Eh? Everyone, except for one.

 

He was sitting at a table alone. With a pen spinning in his left hand, a spoon in his right. He was looking at a set of notes on the left with a plate of fried rice on his right. As I was carefully observing him, I could tell he was mumbling something. A song maybe? He was kinda handsome, I guess. I couldn’t tell much as I could only see his side view. But he had a 'loner' atmostphere to him. Maybe he prefers to be alone?

 

“And then I was like wha-…… Eh! EH! GERDIN!” Aerine slammed me on my arm. Damn! This girl needs to know how to control her strength!

 

“Sorry! I was… Looking at something!” I tried to cover up that I was paying attention to the quiet guy rather than her.

 

Aerine gave me the 'hello-I-am-talking-here' face.

 

Just as I had finished my sentence, a whole lot of girls screaming at the far end, just like this morning! And just as what I’ve expected, that Doojoon was walking towards our table.

 

He walked towards our direction, and most probably saw us sitting there. He walked pass us and give a smile. And I know, he wasn’t smiling at me. It was at Aerine. And my dear friend Aerine gave back that pretty smile of hers. And just after a few seconds, he walked away with the fangirls following him.

 

I looked over at Aerine. Her smile was so bright, it could have been mistaken for the sun!  I swear that Doojoon kinda has a thing for Aerine!

 

Aerine was really drowning in her pool of happiness after Doojoon smiled at her.

 

“Wooooowwwww, that Doojoon guy just smiled at you again!” I teased.

 

“Oh my god. I felt like my heart had skipped a beat just now when he looked at me! But... It's most probably just a friendly gesture. Nothing more. Since there are even more prettier girls chasing him. He will never notice me.” She smiled sheepishly.

 

“Come on! You never know!” I tried to give her some hope.

 

“AHAHAHA! MAYBE!” She giggled and looked away shyly.

 

The bell rang, announcing the end of our recess. Aerine and I  stood up with our trays and headed separate ways towards the stalls to return our used plates.

 

After I placed my used plates in the bucket, I turned around and…. BAMMMMM!

 

I fell flat onto the floor after banging into someone!

 

“Seriously! Watch where you are going!” I shouted with fury.

 

“Sorry Sorry!” A guy said with a soft yet low voice. A hand then appeared in front my eyes.

 

I grabbed the offered hand and pulled myself up. Placing one hand on my trying to soothe the pain. As I tilted my head up and oh my god. It was the loner guy I saw just now.

 

For a split second, I managed to get a good look at his face. His eyes gave me a strange feeling. They were fierce, but at the same time, they exposed some shyness that was within the cold surface that he had coated himself with, just like the first time I saw him.

 

I looked around and papers, or should I say song sheets were scattered all around the floor. I quickly apologized for knocking into him and kneeled down to collect the song sheets to return to him. He did the same as well.

 

After picking up the very last song sheet, I returned it all to this…. cool guy, and said sorry once again. He smiled in acceptance of my apology, turned around and walked towards the staircase. And I was left staring at his back view.

 

“Are you okay?!” Aerine ran towards me in panic.

 

“Yeah, I'm okay. Just that my kinda hurts.” I said, looking at that guy’s back view as he slowly walked away.

 

“Who's that?” Aerine asked.

 

“Well... I'm not sure. But I knocked into him and his papers flew all over the place.”

 

Aerine knocked me in the head and reminded me that lessons were starting soon. So we went towards the other staircase that will led to our classroom.

 

“Wait,” I grabbed Aerine to stop her from walking. I felt I had stepped on something. I looked down and saw a song sheet.

 

“Does it belong to that guy?” Aerine asked as I picked it up.

 

I scanned through the paper,”Maybe?”

 

At the top left corner of the paper the name 'Junhyung' was written.

 

“COME ON, LET’S GO!" Aerine exclaimed as she pulled my arm to get me out of my 'soul-out-of-body' moment.

 

I followed her and headed towards the staircase.

 

'So... His name is Junhyung….. Hopefully I can meet him again and return him this song sheet,'I thought to myself.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AN:

We hope you guys will like it! ^o^

Subscribe and please leave comments if you guys have any! Thank you sooooo much! ^o^