Chapter 9

Stay

In the midst of the chaos, Chanyeol managed to nudge you over to the door where the rest of EXO were, without his mother realising. Turning around, you could see how helpless Baekhyun looked getting slapped by Chanyeol's mother. 

What exactly did we do wrong? Is Chanyeol not allowed in her house? 

Nonetheless, you then again felt your body getting pulled away from what was unfolding right in front of your eyes. 

"OMMA! STOP!" You heard Chanyeol yell in a tone that screamed apologies. "STOP. I'm sorry. I'm not meant to be here, we're not meant to be here. WE'LL LEAVE."

You were now further away from the door leading to that bedroom you had ever been, only able to see the back of his mother's body. EXO were literally dragging you away, taking you with them but you didn't want to leave. You wanted to know what was going on.

The man in suits were still at the front of the door, as if they didn't care about anything unless we were to actually pass them. 

You found yourself in Suho's car. 

"What about Baekhyun and Chan-" you began, worried about what could've happened to them by now.

"We are going to my house. My parents can take care of you." Suho interrupted.

"CHANYEOL AND BAEKHYUN. WHAT ABOUT THEM?!" 

"Noona, don't worry so much." Sehun said, facing you and looking at you right in the eyes to assure you it would be fine. 

"This has happened before. Suho's mother is going to get Baekhyun and Chanyeol back." Luhan said plainly, as if already sick of the situation.

'This has happened before.' Just what on earth is happening?

"The rest of us are going to stay at my place for a bit. For all we know, the devil may be after us." Suho finished. 

The devil? What, Chanyeol's mum is the devil?

"Pfft. The devil's probably after Sandrah now." Luhan said in the most mediocre way that made your body shiver. 

"Yah, Hannie. Don't say that to her!" Sehun butted in. 

---

During the car ride, you couldn't get 'the devil' out of your mind. Was she really that powerful and that evil?

What was Chanyeol's family history? Was this the reason why he lived alone?

"The devil owns Yoosang High School. Aren't you glad we don't attend that school." The three members chuckled at Suho's answer to your question. 

"I used to go there.." You said.

The car turned dead silent. 

"YOU WHAT?!" Suho and Luhan chorused. 

"NOONA! REALLY?" Sehun joined in.

"Yeah.. before and after I studied in America."

"YOU STUDIED IN AMERICA?" Luhan asked. 

"You didn't know Luhannie? That's how she talks to Kris-hyung in English all the time." the maknae laughed, amused. 

"How much longer until we get there Suho?" You asked. This car ride was definitely not an inter-city ride.

"Mm, I'd say...another 20 minutes." 

WOW. You didn't bother to ask why it was so far away, his house that is but you figured, if he was that rich, he could have a house anywhere in the world.

"Why'd you transfer to here?"

You had never told anyone this yet, not even Baekhyun or Chanyeol. 

"I was bullied every single day. I don't know, it just didn't feel right. My brother enrolled me here. "

"What does your family do noona?" Sehun asked.

You had DEFINITELY never told anyone this. In fact, you felt like no one should know.. not yet anyway. Chanyeol was the only one to know about your brother which meant he probably knew everything but still, no one else should know.

You kept quite, signalising to Sehun you didn't want to answer.

"Noona, can I ask one more question?"

More cautious after him asking about your family, you just nodded your head.

"Do you like Baekhyun..?"

Woah, where did this come from. 

"You seem to hang with him a lot.. he hasn't been close to a girl like this before you noona."

"Or do you like Chanyeol." Luhan brought up in his bored voice again.

You could clearly see Suho hitting Luhan's thigh at the front seat even though he was hopelessly trying to make it unnoticeable. 

You honestly didn't know. You felt bad for liking them both at one time but you weren't sure if you liked them both as a man. You knew if you were to only like one of them as a man, the other would be offended in some way or another. You had never brought yourself to think of this simple question, if you were to choose one, who would you choose. 

A million thoughts ran through your mind in a matter of seconds.

Baekhyun, the boy who noticed your bruises and took you to the nurse under his own will.

Chanyeol, the boy you saw every morning walking to school and every afternoon sitting in the lobby lounge. 

Baekhyun, the boy who offered to eat with you at every lunch, scaring off SNSD and their death stares.

Chanyeol, the boy who showed you around your own neighbourhood just so that you won't get lost.

Baekhyun, the boy who cried on your shoulder when Chanyeol left.

Chanyeol, the boy who let you sleep in his apartment when yours was already occupied with your brother.

Baekhyun, the boy who broke down after seeing you beaten up by B.A.P.

Chanyeol, the one who always said you were one of the best friends that he has ever had.

Baekhyun, the one that confessed that he loved you.

The one that stole your first kiss when you were only hoping for a hug.

The one that you didn't mind losing your first kiss to.

The one that you love more...

 


"Ch..Chanyeol is only.. a friend." You said, stuttering and choking on your own breath. 

Inside you knew that the conclusion was already made, it was true that you loved Baekhyun. But, it was true that Chanyeol meant a lot to you too.

"Then it's final. Baekhyun and Sandrah." Luhan stated.

The rest of the trip was quiet. You needed someone to talk to. Someone to ask for help in such a situation. You felt so guilty for sharing your heart with two other people. You felt so bad for chooses one over the other because honestly, inside, you loved them both. But deep down, Baekhyun stole your heart more. How? You didn't know. When? As soon as his lips touched yours, your relationship with Baekhyun compared to your friendship with Chanyeol was differentiated. 

----
Chanyeol's mother's house.

"OMMA! STOP! STOP HITTING HIM OMMA!" Chanyeol screamed, trying to get in between his mother Baekhyun. 

After several slaps where made, Baekhyun was left holding onto his cheeks, speechless, soundless, not even a cry came out of his mouth. 

The mother then stubbornly walked out without even looking at Chanyeol. 

The men in suits then walked in and kicked the first person in their sight to the floor, Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol caught his just before he hit the ground when he suddenly whispered into his ear.

"Chanyeol-ah, I deserve this. Let them hit me, you don't need anymore pain.." Baekhyun murmured as the men stamped onto his legs. 

"What? You don't deserve any of this! Idiot! What are you talking about? You didn't do anything wro-"

Chanyeol didn't know why they weren't attacking him, after all, he was the son of the lady that ruled them. 

"I love Sandrah." Baekhyun managed to let out before the men pushed Chanyeol off him and continued bashing on the already weak boy. 

He was there beside Baekhyun, hands behind him supporting himself after getting pushed away. He stayed in that position as his brain filled with thoughts.

He didn't want to fight over a girl like they had before, in fact, last time it happened, he had to transfer schools. 

But again,they both fell for the same girl. The both knew it. It was only a matter of time before one of them were to take the chance to actually be with her. 

At that moment, while looking at the most important person in his life in front of him getting beaten up, his humble personality arose.

In a matter of seconds, he had concluded in his mind that Baekhyun could have her. It was better for all of them is she was with Baekhyun. Chanyeol didn't want Sandrah to be the devil's daughter-in-law. 

Chanyeol, knowing him for his whole life, knew that Baekhyun would treat her right, and he was thankful for him liking her.

Chanyeol threw himself, extremely forcefully, into the men as if to knock them down.

He threw punches that he had never thrown before, he kicked with the most negative energy he had ever produced before and mentally, he was determined to help the boy that was going to protect Sandrah for the rest of his life. 

Because he loved Sandrah as well, he had some anger and sadness inside of him. Not like last time with Jessica where he was angry and sad that Baekhyun stole his girl. This time he was angry and sad that he had stolen Baekhyun's girl. 

As soon as all the men where some what down, Chanyeol took his best friends hand and pulled him up off from the ground. 

"Have her." Chanyeol finally said. 

As quick as he had said that, he began walking out the room. 

Baekhyun followed, slowly and limply because of the kicks, hits and stomps that had been done all over his body.

Chanyeol was in a mental battle within himself, fighting over his inner villain that wants to take Sandrah from Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled to try and get his attention. He needed help to get out of this house before the men came back for him. 

Chanyeol's mind was racing with thoughts. 

"Chanyeol!" He tried again but nothing seemed to stop him from walking further and further away from him. 

Searching in his own mind, Baekhyun desperately tried to find something that would break Chanyeol out of his madness.

"BAEKYEOL." Baekhyun finally yelled out at the top of his lungs before Chanyeol could turn the corner and go out of sight. 

With that, to his own surprise, stoped him in his tracks. 

Ever since they were little, people would call the two inseparable best friends Baekyeol for short because the two always did things together, went everywhere together, no one could split them apart hence, Baekyeol.

Even the rest of the EXO members called them that. Sadly though, that combined name had not been heard of for ages because ironically, the two did split. In fact, they don't even attend the same school anymore. 

That simple word though won the battle in Chanyeol's head. This time, his friendship with Baekhyun meant more for him then his love for Sandrah. 

He turned around to see Baekhyun leaning on the wall, tears in his eyes but a weak smile across his lips. 

Chanyeol, almost automatically ran back over to Baekhyun to help him. 

"Can you walk?" He asked. 

Baekhyun tried, yes he tried, but in just a few steps, Chanyeol could see his limping. 

As if Baekhyun was a feather, he picked him up so that he was carrying him by his legs and back. 

Baekhyun was surprised to see that Chanyeol's eyes were also drenched in tears and that his face was extremely glum.

Seeing Baekhyun look at him, Chanyeol tried to show him a smile to assure him he was ohkay. 

"Are you really letting me da-"

"Have her." Chanyeol cut him off knowing he would ask. 

"But you love her t-"

"She was yours in the first place." By the time he had said that, they had reach the outside of the house and there was already cars waiting outside. 

"Suho..." The two both muttered as the cars drove up to them on the side of the road.

Chanyeol put Baekhyun down and opened the backseat door. 

Before they knew it, they arrived at Suho's house. 

Coming out of the car after a drive of almost an hour with Baekhyun, he whispered to Baekhyun as he too was coming out of the car.

"Ask her out now." 

"What? Noooo! It's too early!"

"Stupid what do you mean it's too early, you guys already kissed."

The two had talked it out on the car ride, the laughed, they cried, they apologised and they forgave. The entered the car ride as two boys who messed up their perfect friendship and they exited as two men who were from then on, inseparable.

"Shhh. I was emotional when I kissed.. when I kissed her." Reality hit when he said that. Baekhyun realised that kiss was in fact his first kiss. "Yeollie.."

"Yeah? What's wrong? Are you ohkay?" Chanyeol asked, seeing him looking depressed again. 

"That was.. my.. first kiss..."

Awkward silence. 

"BAHAHA. And I needed to know that why?" Chanyeol said as if he had completely gotten over him not being able to be with Sandrah.

Baekhyun stayed silent for a few more moments until he let out a very feminine squeal.

"EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!" He let out before turning to Chanyeol with a big smile on his face.

"You better treat her right, or else Baek." 

"Yes sir!" Baekhyun said, still not able to get the smile off his face.

 

 

A/N: Please keep commenting! We appreciate anything you guys say :)