Chapter 5

Fate

“And you’re sure he invited us?”

 

“For the thousandth time Minah, yes.” You rolled your eyes and laughed.

 

Minah crouched down on the floor and held her head, “How do I look?” she said as she looked up towards you and Eunji, “Is my hair okay? Is my make-up okay? AAAH!” She screamed out of frustration.

 

“You really should visit a shrink or something, get some calming down pills.” Eunji scoffed, which earned her a slap on the back from Minah, “OW! OKAY, just calm down, it’s only lunch.” She laughed.

 

Minah frowned, “But, but, what if Myungsoo doesn’t like me when he sees me? OMG, I’m screwed like literally.”

 

The lunch bell rang, which caused Minah to scream so loud, the hallway became silent as students threw stares at your direction.

 

“Yah…Minah.” You glared at your best friend, who was now blushing a she covered .

 

“Come on, let’s go before we die of embarrassment.” Eunji rolled her eyes as she dragged the two of you to the cafeteria.

 

“So, where exactly are we sitting?” Minah asked.

 

You eyed the cafeteria for any signs of Sungkyu, but it was too packed and you got confused. Suddenly, you noticed an arm waving in the air and smiled, “Over there.” You pointed at the table were you found the five boys sitting together.

 

The two girls followed you to where the boys were seated. They suddenly went quiet and you could tell that they were beyond nervous.

 

“Hi.” You waved, awkwardly, to the five boys.

 

Woohyun smirked, “So, this is the infamous ___. Nice to meet you, I’m Woohyun.” He reached his hand out to shake yours, “And these are your friends?”

 

You nodded, “Minah and Eunji, Woohyun.”

 

The girls waved awkwardly, which caused Woohyun to smile. Sungkyu sat up from his seat and smiled at you, “So you’ve already met Woohyun. This is Dongwoo, Myungsoo, and Hoya.” He motioned the three of you to sit down in the seats across of them.

 

You sat at the seat closest to Gyu’s, “So…what next?” you whispered to him.

 

Sungkyu laughed, “What’s there to talk about? Seems like Woohyun’s already having a pretty good time with…what’s her name again?”

 

“Eunji.” You smiled, “Nice try, but she’s in a steady relationship.”

 

He laughed, “Well, a guy can try.”

 

The boy you know as Hoya suddenly looked at you, “So, how good are you in class actually?” he asked.

 

“Top of the class since the beginning of middle school.” Minah smiled, proudly as you blushed.

 

“Impressive.” Dongwoo said, “Sungkyu here definitely needs a lot of your help.” He smirked, followed by the rest of the boys.

 

“Please, like you guys are any better.” Gyu rolled his eyes and ate one of his French fries.

 

“I doubt that.” You look at him, earning a glare from Sungkyu.

 

“Yah! Whose side are you on? I thought what we had was real.” He pouted at you.

 

“Doesn’t matter, I still think they’re much better than you.” You poked his cheek, and mimicked his pout.

 

“I see you guys have something real going on now.” Eunji smirked as the table erupted with ‘Whoos’

 

You blushed and looked down, whereas Gyu put his arm around you, “Don’t be jealous now, Eunji.”

 

You elbowed him, “Not a chance.” You smirked.

 

He laughed, “That reminds me, you guys are coming to watch us today right? Front row?” he looked at you with hopeful eyes.

 

“Wouldn’t miss it.” You smiled back at him.

 

He leaned in to your ear and whispered, “And after that we’ll do some actual studying?” 

 

You nodded shyly as he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, “You’ll love today’s performance.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You’ll see.” He winked at you, as he continued eating out of his plate.

 

 

“INFINITE! INFINITE! INFINITE!” the sound of around 500 screaming girls roared as the lights of the auditorium dimmed.

 

“YAH! AREN’T YOU SCREAMING FOR YOU BOYFRIEND?” Minah yelled out loud as she smiled widely.

 

“What boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah right.” She rolled her eyes and pointed towards the stage, the show was starting.

 

The curtains parted to reveal the five boys standing on stage. However this time, Sungkyu was looking straight into the eyes of the audience. He grabbed the microphone and cleared his throat, “Today’s performance, I’m dedicating it to a very special someone. You know who you are, this song is for you.”

 

Minah nudged you, “I’m so jealous.”

 

You smirked, “It could be anyone.”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Anyone is you.”

 

You looked up to the stage as the music started and gasped at the familiar tune. Indeed, it is your favorite song.

 

 

You’re too pretty, you really shine.

Every moment, you’re my cover girl

 

 

You giggled at how sweet the situation was. You caught Sungkyu’s eyes as he winked at you, and you winked back.

 

Every time you see me, you smile. You even smile when you get upset

How could I say I don’t like you?

 

You found yourself singing along to the lyrics and enjoying the performance. And at that moment you realized, you had completely fallen for Sungkyu.

 

I just need one, all I need is just one

You know it too, it’s obvious.

Perfectly trust me, you just need to trust only me

Then I’ll be yours, always

 

The sounds of the cheering crown were silent in your ears because all you could focus on was how Sungkyu looked at you throughout the whole performance. He even pointed at you during certain lyrics in the song. How is it possible that this man is able to do this to you? But nevertheless, your feelings towards him made you happy.

 

 

“Did you like the performance today?” He smiled at you as the two of you walked together, behind the rest of the band members who were now conversing with your friends.

 

You nodded, “I did. So, who did you dedicate the performance to?” you chuckled.

 

He rolled his eyes and smiled, “I don’t know, just someone special who sat right in front of me as I sang.”

 

You blushed, “Thank you. That was really sweet.”

 

“Who said it was you?” he laughed.

 

You scoffed, “Oh, so that’s how it is? Fine.” You fastened your pace but he caught up to you and interlaced his fingers with yours, causing you to gasp and look up at him.

 

“I was kidding. Of course it was for you.” He pushed a strand of hair away from your face and tucked it behind your ear.

 

You smiled, “So, should we study?”

 

He pouted, “But the others are going out for pizza?”

 

You shook your head, “Your grades are more important than pizza. We’ll study, then we’ll get pizza. Or we can do both.”

 

“Are you asking me out now?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

You blushed and shrugged as you shuffled your feet, “No…I um, hey you’re the one who wanted my help.”

 

He smirked, “Well then, where to?”